Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 08:42 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Diet coke

I cant spell but the bad in Diet coke is the aspertaine. It has been shown to cause memory lapse. I could see that in myself and it was hard to concentrate. Now 10 months later I feel like I am better at those things. there were times when I would be telling someone something and forget right in the middle of a sentence, or I would repeat the same thing twice or three times to someone. Now I am not saying that those things werent caused by being simply stupid but since I quite drinking it I feel better. Now I didnt say anything about being able to spell or type any better.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:50 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Chromium Picolate

I should read before I finished my last post.
To the sister who posted about taking chromium Picolate. I didnt know that would help with weight loss. Does it? I used to take to help with energy. have you found it helps you with energy? What do yu know about weight loss and using it.
thanks for info.
smiller
Old 10-14-2004, 06:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome Sally to Family Corner. Wow someone else from the great state of Idaho.

I have cut down on my coffee to one cup a day. boy that was way hard. And I only drink soda made with splenda. I think the brands are Diet Rite and Shasta Diet. Soda was really hard to give up.

Way to go on the 18 lb. I feel any weight lose is better then a gain. I have lost 48lb. since Jan. and feel great. More energy then I ever had. I am on a platue(SP?) right now and am not loosing anything. Driving me nuts. But it will pass.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle challenage

Emmajean,
Challenage- between now and Halloween which is only 2 weeks away how about we challenage each other to a loss of 3 lbs. that is not alot but it will keep us from gaining 10 with all the sweet around.
I am not a great exerciser but I think I will start walking and head back to the grazing salad bar. BUT dont forget the protien. what do ya say?
Oh- where is Homedale?
love ya and good luck
smiller
Old 10-14-2004, 07:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I accept!

Sounds good to me!

Sandie
Old 10-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Your on Sally. 3lb. by Halloween. Sounds great to me. Homedale is about 26 miles S.W. of Boise. About 16 miles from Caldwell/ Nampa area. Little town of 2586 people. Love it here. We are building a house here. DH goes to school over in Boise at BSU. Go Broncos!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi Sally, I think I was the one who wrote about taking Chromium Picolinate ( I spelled it wrong when I first mentioned it). When I first started this WOL, I was looking into what kinds of vitamins and minerals that would help in the process.....I came across some info. on Chromium Picolinate on a vitamin website---but I cant say which one because I didnt save it.

I have a very low metabolism and this product peaked my interest because it claims to: " Chromium works to support your body's use of sugar and also plays a role in the metabolism of proteins and fats"

I cant say whether it really works or not due to the fact that I followed the Atkins plan strictly at the same time. I stopped taking it for a while but have since started taking it again, hoping that I, too, will get off of my plateau. I cant complain though because the last couple of weeks have been filled with stress eating.

I am determined to get myself out of this rut, stop the self-pity party and get back on track. I can see what a difference it really makes by NOT eating white flour, processed foods and SUGAR!
Believe me, I felt so much better by sticking to completely low-carb food.

Are you still taking Chromium?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-14-2004, 12:07 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

Ajrsmom
I stopped taking it only because I forget. When I do take it it takes only about 24 hours and I can feel the effects. More enery and not so sleepy. If I take it in the morning it doesnt bother me at night. I have trouble sleeping through the night. I wish I would just get up and stay up but I will wonder around for an hour or so or just toss and turn then finally fall asleep again. This is only when I take it. I also take a B-12 for the ballbaby blues taht I get. I have no reason to be sad I just get that way. then I get lazy.
To leave the sugar out of my diet is the hardest thing I go through. Something about it. but I have noticed the last couple of times that I have binged on surgar I get a bladder infection that last for about 3 days. I wish that on no one.

by the way it is so nice to have someone to talk to and discuss thing with. I have a very loving husband and 4 GREAT daughters but sometimes you just need to have a outside person.

Oh for you low carbies: Try Salsa on your salad instead of dressing. Check the difference in calories and carbs with your favorite dressing.

Have a great day and talk later
love ya all!
smiller
Old 10-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I LOVE salsa on my salad - and on any kind of meat, too! It helps calm my cravings for chips 'n salsa.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Sally, I agree with you that no matter how supportive my DH is, it doesnt compare to the wonderful "woman talk" that I share here with these ladies. They are great!!!

Im back today!! No more cheating!! I've started out my day with a cup of hot tea. I wont get to have breakfast for a couple of hours because I have to run somewhere with my sister in just a few minutes. Ill probably grab a small piece of cheese to hold me over. Im not an early morning breakfast person anyway.

Wish me luck as I head back into the stict lane again, LOL!!

BTW, I love salsa on my salads too!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Closed Thread