Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 05:57 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hang in there, Tami, the weight loss is bound to get slower. I've been stalled again, too, for a few weeks, and feeling like a failure. Yesterday I grabbed the wrong pair of jeans (some that I've shrunk out of). When I put them on, I realized this IS working. They were so baggy, and they used to be skin-tight.

With all the walking you're doing, you probably are building up muscle.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:57 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I ate some fried green tomatoes at the Apple Festival

Saturday, because I love them but because it was the only stand without a line wrapped around the corner. I had already stood in a long line for my nieces/dd to get some Crazy fries-(like potato chips), and so I didn't want to stand in another for some chicken on a stick, so I got the fried green tomatoes and today and yesterday I am back to being bloated up and big. Gosh it's amazing how easily I can gain it all back. I don't know if it's water retention or not. But I know it's ridiculous. My clothes that were fitting are now really tight. So, back to the straight and narrow and I will make my own fried green tomatoes using the zero carb baking mix.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh Patrice I love fried green tomatoes. I fixed Scalloped potatoes for the family and scalloped cauliflower for me. Well I tasted the potatoes and they are just so bland compared to the cauliflower. I don't think I will ever go back to scalloped potatoes.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Forgot to ask. Has anyone tried carb blockers? Wal-Mart had them on sale for 2.00 a box. So I thought I would try them.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I havent tried Carb blocker but I was taking Chromium Picolate ( I think that is the right spelling) for a while and it seemed to help.

Im going to buy another bottle today so I will give details from the bottle when I get home later today.

I havent had fried green tomatoes in a lllllloooonnnnggg time! MMM!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have been stress eating the last few days....not good! I really hate living with the weakness not to be able to say no to food when Im under a lot of stress!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 10-13-2004, 07:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Low carb

Last January with almost everyone I know - I looked at myself in a picture that my grandson had brought me, It was take the summer befoe. I was FAT My legs looked like ham hocks and my face was really bloated. I got on the scales and hit 198- I about died.
I had to start somewhere, exercise is a strange word to me. I can do it if NO one is watching, but to go and join a club is the worse. I feel like I am the biggest and very clumsy.
I had read what was in Diet coke, now this is a staple in my life but the stuff they put in that is BAD>>>
The first day of January I stopped Diet coke. yes I had headaches and craves and now 10 mnths later I still crave it, but water is free and bottled water is great. In 38 days I had lost 18 lbs. that may not seem like alot but that is all I did to change my life.
Since then I have add low carb meals and I watch what I eat mostly. I don't make a big deal out of it if I eat something wrong, I just pay attention better. I have kept the 18 lbs off and now because the holidays are coming I am going to be more aware of what goes in my mouth.
Curves and Weight watchers seem to be great programs but I am not a program type person. Atkins ? havent looked at it.
I challenge all of you struggling with weight and that drink diet coke. STOP. Allow yourself 1 cup no more for a 3 day peirod and your headaches wont be so bad. Keep telling yourself "It's a Good thing for ME."
Good luck I would be intrested in hearing from any of you how this may have helped you.
love
smiller
Old 10-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello, Sally!!! Great job on your weight loss

So, what's is diet Coke that's so bad?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Sally! Welcome to FC!!

I have to agree with you Sally on giving up diet Coke---carbonated beverages in general. The carbonation tends to make a lot of people retain water and not lose as fast as those who give it up.

Caffiene does the same thing to some people.

I have always had that reaction after drinking a lot of diet Pepsi and diet Coke....I just never knew why until I started low-carbing.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 10-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Caffeine and carbonation

I agree totally. When I began low carbing, I knew I had to cut down on the coffee big time. It was nothing for me to drink 6 to 8 cups a cay. Now, I am down to two: one full-lead cup with my dh in the a.m.'s and then one cup of decaffeinated. That's it, and I have to say that once I got used to it by substituting water, I was fine with it.

The other evening, my dh wanted a cup of decaff late in the afternoon and of course, I joined him. Tasted delicious, but it kept me awake that night and I won't do that again.

I haven't ever consumed great quantities of soda, but when I did have one, it had to be diet and caffeine-free. Now I rarely even have a sip of my dh's soda if we are out for dinner. I stick to the water, and just seem to do better.

Sandie

Closed Thread