Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I forgot I found something new. It is called FLATOUT it is flat bread that is at my Wal-Mart. It has 8 net carbs and is totally worth every carb. They have plain and italian. I made me a sandwich with one yesterday and it tasted wonderful.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I bought that flat bread on my last shopping trip. It is good but I actually like the LC wheat tortillas from our WalMart better.

I came across this tonight:

Diet Rock

I am a little diet rock
as cute as I can be.
Although I'm sweet to look at,|
I'm both carb and sugar free.
When you get up each morning
Lift me high into the air,
Then set me on the floor 10 times
before sitting on the chair.
Please place me on the table
at the place YOU plan to eat
and remember I am watching
What YOU do and what YOU eat.
When you are serving up your plate
Please leave my section free,
And I'll reduce the calories
by the space you saved for me.
After you have eaten,
although I'm just a rock,
Please slip me in your pocket
And take me for a walk.
If YOU do this faithfully,
Then in a month or two,
Although I'll still be just the same,
YOU'LL be a slimmer you.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 09-29-2004, 06:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tami, thank you for that. I printed it out and put it on my fridge.

Old 09-29-2004, 06:35 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

The diet rock is so cute! Makes it all sound so simple.

My sister is going for a consultation to see about stomach bypass. She wants me to go with her - because I'm the only one she's told, and she wants me to help her make a decision. You have to be 100# overweight to qualify, so I wouldn't (of course, it wouldn't take much for me to eat my way up to that). But I still think I can do this on my own -- especially with all you guys for support
Old 09-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I was 2 days from that surgery before they cancelled it

I graduated from College on Saturday and was supposed to have the surgery on Monday, my mom was there, scared because she was afraid I would die and she would also have to take care of me and my daughter without a car at the time around Christmas...I was devastated when the surgery was cancelled but she told me, "maybe there is another way for you to lose the weight." I later learned about Atkins and I haven't looked back and I'm glad I didn't have the surgery...

These are the side effects of the surgery:

* Loose skin-(most of the people that have this surgery end up having to have plastic surgery later to remove loose skin. The reason is that the body loses weight so fast that you are left with the excess skin and your muscle tone doesn't bounce back like if you lose slowly.

* Loss of Food-many who have the surgery feel that they have lost something, they mourn their companion, the food. They also may feel that they are alone because everyone else is able to eat foods that they no longer cannot. Most with this surgery have not learned to control their eating habits on their own so they still want to eat large amounts of food or foods that are bad for them and they may or may not be able too.

* Severe sideffects that can cause blackouts, diarrhea etc. if eating the wrong foods, and possible infections and even death. I knew of one lady that died from the surgery right before I was to take my surgery, and a few other's who nearly did.

* Low carb diet-many have to eat a low carb diet after the surgery because their stomachs are just a small pouch and bread expands within the stomach...so why not do low carb and skip the surgery!!!

I am very happy that I avoided the surgery, it wasn't meant for me, and since I would've had to eat low carb for the rest of my life anyway, why not do it without nearly dying and being able to eat as much as I want or can!!!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I just found this and I thought I would share it with my Low-Carb Buddies.

http://www.ohboyoberto.com/

Enter this password: great taste
And get a free sample of oberto edge low carb jerky

Old 09-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The jerky is good and they have different flavors

and the best part is that there isn't any-(or is it low) sugar with it so you can eat it and enjoy.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks for the free sample link! I love jerky.

VickiLynn, I also considered having that surgery. At the time, I felt as thought I was hitting a brick wall with losing weight. I researched it and even asked about it here at FC. Have you seen that thread? http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...?threadid=9460

There are a lot of opinions there--both for and against it.

My Dh was against it at first but toward the end, he said that if it was what I really wanted, he would support me through it. There was only one thing holding me back..... I couldnt shake the "what if" feelings. I couldnt bring myself to even thinking about "what if" I didnt make it through the surgery or "what if" something happened and I didnt fully recover from it? I couldnt stand the thought of leaving my family like that.

To this day, Im not saying that Im against the surgery.....it has helped many people tremendously!! For me, I couldnt get past those "what ifs" to move ahead with it. I remember telling my husband that I was going to try Atkins as a last ditch effort to lose weight. I said that if this didnt work, I was going to have the surgery anyway. Now, Im so thankful that I gave it my all and tried Atkins. It is working for me but again, I trully understand how LCing isnt the answer for everyone either.

You will always have support here no matter what!!

Let us know how the meeting with the doc. turns out.

Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 09-29-2004, 11:18 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Leasmom & Ajrsmom, I'm convinced! I'd never have the surgery. But my sis has some medical problems (asthma, acid reflux, arthritis), so her doctor actually recommended it to her. I still hope she thinks it through carefully. It's a HUGE step!
Old 10-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good Morning

Im finding out that there is a fine line with me in whether or not Im going to continue to lose weight or plateau. I have been playing around with 2lbs for 2 weeks now. One day I lose it, the next day its back. UGH!!! I guess Im one of those who have to walk a straight and narrow line to the end and then I can relax.

This is hard......!!! No one ever said that it was going to be easy though.......

Im feeling frustrated and bloated this morning---not a good mix!

One good thing that I can report is that we have been walking 2 miles a night for the last week! Im hoping that the weight flux is muscle building up too---can you see a difference in just a week?

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Closed Thread