Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > > >

Low Carb Dinner Ideas Since there are so many of us who are on one of the low carb diet plans, I thought that I would start a place where we could share menus, recipes and ideas.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Anyone here at FC starting or still low-carbing?

I started a low carb plan again today. I am basically going to do the Atkins induction and then move on to my own low carb--which is just a bit more carbs than the induction for the most part but I do eat low carb snacks, lc tortillas...stuff like that.

I lost almost 80lbs before getting lazy, losing my mind and gaining it back.

I am determined to do it again. My motto now is Fit and Fabulous at 40. I have 1yr and 1mo. to complete my mission!!

For a while, we had quite a few ladies on here with me doing the LC thing......is anyone still around to keep me company??

I did pretty good today

BR--I had 2 scrambled eggs and 2 thin pieces of bacon. 1c. of decaf. coffee w/cream and Splenda

L: steak salad and + 2 16oz glasses of ice water w/lemon + 4 pnuts (I ate them before thinking that I shouldn't be eating them right now)

D: chef salad--organic mixed greens, 2 pieces of deli roast beef, 2 slice of deli baked ham, 1 piece of Muenster cheese + homemade red wine vinegar dressing. 16 oz. of ice water

Getting ready to have a cup of hot green tea and heading to bed.

Join me to rant and rave!!
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami I gained my weight back whne mike was overseas...I am an emotional eater. I am finding it tough to lose this time around. I don't do the aitkens but I do low carb on my own. I have cut out potatoes and most breads this last week and I have dropped a couple of pounds.

I can at least cheer you on!!!!!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-19-2007, 04:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks Debbie! I will cheer you on too!

I am an emotional eater too. With last year being such a rough year for us, I just couldn't focus on anything like this. Things haven't changed all that much; but emotionally, I think that I am in a better place. Seeing the lbs drop is great motivation to keep going.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 04-19-2007, 04:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami I was so depressed yesterday when i went to put a pair of pants on......I knew they would be tight but not that tight(could barely get them done up) That was what really has me sparked to lose now. I know most of my summer clothes will be tight or not fit if I don't do something now so I have my motivation. I got rid of all my bigger clothes 4 years ago when i had lost the weight saying I was never going back.......then i had all the medical problems and had to give up martial arts and still struggle with exercise and my reduced respiratory muscles...makes it hard not to run short of breath. Very frustrating as I feel like a 60 year old instead of in my 40's. Coming here everyday and checking in I think will help me out alot. I think pulling the treadmill out of hibernation will be a positive too.....even if I can only walk for 15 minutes it is better than nothing!

Hoping we can do this together and help motivate each other to keep it up !!!!

So for starters heres to a great day Tami!!! I know you can do it.....Think of me saying not today when you go to grab something you should n't ...LOL Hmmmm thats a scarey image!!!

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Debbie, I hope that you are having a happier day. I know just how you feel when trying on clothes to find out that they are tight. What a way to shoot any motivation right out the door!

I rescheduled our first day of the exercise program that we were supposed to start today. I have another headache/face ache and I am tired from staying up late with my DH last night. I know that I couldn't give it 100% today even if I tried. I rescheduled it for Monday.

I am off to eat breakfast and take some meds. I wish that I could crawl back into bed! Instead, I will have a cuppa and hope that it helps.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were having problems with reduced respiratory muscles. Are there exercises that you can do? Is this something that is lifelong?

Not sure what is on the list for breakfast but I do know that it is not going to be salad. lol! I am feeling like a bunny already.

I have a great tip that helps me get through most of my tough times.....

When you feel like you are going to "cheat" on your diet, brush your teeth! The minty flavor from toothpaste makes it hard for me to want to mix any kind of food with it right then. It will buy you a few minutes to busy yourself with doing something else, hopefully forgetting all about cheating.

Have a great day!

More later........
Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 04-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey Tami

Sorry you have a sinus cold type thing...I am just getting over one!!! It is so hard to work out when you feel yucky! hopefully by monday you will feel better.

They are not sure why I have weak respiratory muscles.......I get tested every year and if they get any worse i will be booked for many tests but for now they are just monitioring it. Just makes it a little harder for me to do what i feel i should be able to but can't.

I had a pretty good day yeasterday. My only cheat was a cappachino my hubby bought me and I did not have the heart to not accept it......but I did tell him no more from this point on!!! I did not get on the tread mill but I did rake my entire back yard...takes about 2 hours so i felt pretty good about that. I will try and pull the treadmill out tomorrow probably not today as I did not sleep well last night.....I got a bad burn on my back....when will i learn!!! Did not even think that my shirt scooped in the back. I am so sensitive to the sun. Also my allergies are bad from raking yesterday so I will maybe just go for a relaxing walk tonight with hubby.

Thanks for the tip with brushing I have also stocked up on sugarless gum.....I chew it all day and it stopps me from seeking sweets to!

I know we can do this!!!! I am behind you 100%!!! Hope you have an amazing day

hugs debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey Debbie......

How are you doing??? Just checking in on you tonight.

Sometimes that days go by so quickly, today is one of them.

It's day 4 for me and so far, so good. I didn't really feel bad at all today (fingers crossed)!

Old habits are hard to break. I was cutting up Cantaloupe for my DS and DH last night when, without even thinking about it, I popped a piece into my mouth. I had it chewed up half-way before I even realized that I shouldn't be eating it. By then I said "what the heck" and finished it. I hope that I don't stall because of it.

I have been drinking more water than I did the last time. With more water being consumed, you get to know your bathroom a lot better. lol! I have had 7 glasses of water, a cup of tea and a cup of coffee today. I will probably have more water before the night is over. Doesn't sound like much, but for me, this is a lot of water!

Its so funny......I bought a big container of Organic Salad mix at Sam's the other day. We are so used to just eating Iceberg lettuce. It is still taking me some getting used to but I am ok with it. I wish that you could've seen my DH's face when I told him that he was eating it too. ROFL!! He did choke it down--mainly because of the kids. They were really looking for his reaction. My son ate it faster than I thought he would. My daughter ate a few pieces and then finished the cucumber and said "I can't eat this Mommy". Poor thing....

I am in really bad need of some quick-fix low carb meals.

Any suggestions?

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 04-23-2007, 06:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Tami

Well not a great weekend for me with being sick most of it. I was drinking more juice and gatoraide because my taste is off and water was just plain yukky tasting. I did not eat any huge amounts of anything but not as good as it should have been. i spent the entire day Sunday on the couch resting again. I am pretty sure it is a sinus infection but I can not see a doctor till wed. So I will suffer for now.Going to work on keeping my fluids up today.I will have spinach and salmon for lunch and chicken and asparaugus for supper with mixed greens. I love the salad your family was having. I will eat just about any mix of greens for salad. I love Salad!!! I can eat big bowls of it.

I don't really have any love carb recipes...I am not as strict as you. I don't cut them out completely just cut back and have no white breads or pastas etc. If I cut out the whole grains I have a lot of problems with my digestive system. So i start everyday with my bowl of oatmeal then try to eat lower through the day. I really cut back on fats too. I find I shed the pounds good when I do this although it gets harder everytime as I get older.

Glad to hear you are doing well.....keep it up.........I was cheeering you on the weeekend you just realy had to listen!!! LOL Keep it up...good luck at the Y today!!!

hugs debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anyonehere doing the low carb diet

I have been on the low carb diet for a long time now as I did at one time weigh 229 and my helth was at risk. but I went to far so please be careful I am now 113 and now the Dr says that I have to have a high protine and high Iron diet and he wants me to try ti gain about 7 to 10 pounds as I am a sever amenick and its hard to figure out what I can and cant eat keep up the good work and I know you will make it just as I know I will make it to. Bunny

Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bunny hope you feel better soon!

Tami how are things going???? I saw that you resisted the choolate chip cookies you made!!! Way to go!! today I am back on track had the rest of my salmon for lunch along with some spinach. I am doin better toay with my water so that is a good thing. My energy level is starting to come back but still not up to where it should be so holding off on the treadmill till I feel 100 % .

Did you make it to the Y yesterday????

Cheering you on .......Keep it up sounds like you are doing well so far!!!

Hugs debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson