FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Low Carb Appetizers & Snacks (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/low-carb-appetizers-snacks/)
-   -   CiCi's Cheese Puffs ~ TNT (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/low-carb-appetizers-snacks/27563-cicis-cheese-puffs-tnt.html)

~*~Stacia~*~ 06-05-2010 06:41 PM

CiCi's Cheese Puffs ~ TNT

(From Low Carb Friends website) These cheese puffs are awesome!! Definitely try the variations at the bottom of recipe! Even our teenage boys loved these :) I get alot of my recipes from Low Carb Friends website.

1 bag pork rinds, plain
2 eggs
1 c half & half
5 oz cheese*-cut up or grated, any type.. cheddar, monterey, etc
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp mustard powder

Heat oven to 350.
In a food processor, grind the pork rinds. Add the eggs, onion, garlic and mustard powders and cheese. Blend well until cheese is broken down. Add the half & half. This will make a stiff, moist dough.

Drop by small spoonfuls (about the size of a quarter) onto a lined (I used TPC parchment paper) and sprayed cookie sheet, approx 3/4" apart. Bake until browned around edges and lightly browned on top, approx. 18 min. (You can kick up the heat a little, just keep an eye on the first batch for a time)

*You can use any mixture of cheeses (NOT sliced sandwich cheese). Sharp cheddar would give a stronger cheese flavor.

Hint: To control portion servings of chunk cheese, I cut the entire brick into slices before serving any of it (8oz=8 slices, 16oz=16 slices)
Heat oven to 350.
In a food processor, grind the pork rinds. Add the eggs, onion, garlic and mustard powders and cheese. Blend well until cheese is broken down. Add the half & half. This will make a stiff, moist dough.

Drop by small spoonfuls (about the size of a quarter) onto a lined and sprayed cookie sheet, approx 3/4" apart. Bake until browned around edges and lightly browned on top, approx. 18 min. (You can kick up the heat a little, just keep an eye on the first batch for a time)

*You can use any mixture of cheeses (NOT sliced sandwich cheese). Sharp cheddar would give a stronger cheese flavor.

** You may also choose to add a few dashes of cayenne powder for an extra kick!

Hint: To control portion servings of chunk cheese, I cut the entire brick into slices before serving any of it (8oz=8 slices, 16oz=16 slices) Number of Servings: I got 90 puffs from this recipe
Heat oven to 350.

Drop by small spoonfuls (about the size of a quarter) onto a lined and sprayed cookie sheet, approx 3/4" apart. Bake until browned around edges and lightly browned on top, approx. 18 min. (You can kick up the heat a little, just keep an eye on the first batch for a time)

Hint: To control portion servings of chunk cheese, I cut the entire brick into slices before serving any of it (8oz=8 slices, 16oz=16 slices) Number of Servings: I got 90 puffs from this recipe
Heat oven to 350.

Heat oven to 350.

Add-ins: I've also tried Italian seasoning (instead of mustard powder), TPC's Garlic-Parmesan Dipping Oil Seasoning, a little cayenne pepper.. didn't like the cumin but did like a little bit of taco seasoning.
** A post to the orginal recipe suggested adding pepperoni... this was delicious - just add it to the food processor!

Serves: orginal post said it made 90 puff.. I got just a little less than that.

16 grams carbs/full recipe

ajrsmom 06-05-2010 09:48 PM

:fireworks I can't wait to try this one! :)

:fireworks