Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Your Community > Local & Regional Forums

Local & Regional Forums Looking for people in your neck of the woods? Or maybe you are going to visit another area and need some help from the locals? Check it out!

Old 02-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Where do you live?

I am in Northern Minnesota... way way up only 10 miles from the canadian border!! We used to live in Iowa (much better climate..LOL..)

Where are you in the Midwest???
Old 03-01-2004, 03:05 AM
Head Moderator
FamilyCorner Addict

Hello, I just searching around different areas looking to see what I might find. Can't sleep this morning; the rain has moved in. I usually love to hear it hitting our metal roof but this morning it must have started coming down heavy right away because it sure woke me up at 4:30 am and can't get back to sleep. So I'm on the computer to try and keep the nosie down so I don't wake hubby.
We live in Taswell,Indiana. Not many people have heard of it. We are closer to Mifflin but the same; most people have never heard of it either! We are on the southern end but right in the middle of that area of the Hoosier National Forest. I guess the best way to describe where we are is that we are about 70 miles north west (mostly west) of Louisville ,KY. We are from Louisville, KY where the Kentucky Derby is every May. We decided to move up here after living in the city all our lives. We bought 30 acres about 8 years ago to someday move onto it. And no better time than to do it now; life is too short to wait!
We had a log home built and are enjoying the peace and quiet immensely! We get to see all kinds of wildlife on a daily basis. Our house overlooks a cliff area and in the fall and winter we can see the next mountain tops. You have to come uphill 1/2 mile and then back about 300 feet to get to the house all tucked away in the woods. No neighbors that you can see; although we do have 2 houses down below each about 1/4 mile away from our driveway entrance; one before you get to our driveway and the other after you pass our driveway. Then we have one neighbor across the road and up another hill. Back from him is another area that is owned by a couple of people from
Indianapolis, but they only come up every now and then and
camp right now.

Old 03-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'm from Iowa. ABout 20 min from the Ia/Mo border.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

CHANDRA!!!!!!

how the heck are ya!?!?!?!?! do you remember me from MSN groups? the Moms from Iowa... and Midwest Moms... I think you were a member at Midwest Moms werent you????

You should come back to the group
.... I bet your kids are getting BIG!!! how are you doing? whats new? it is good to 'see' you here.....

anyways... lol... I recognized your name along with the kids names so just thought I would say HI!!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yep its me Sherbear LOL. How the heck are ya? I was a member at Midwest Moms until everything went crazy on me. My dh had a pacemaker implanted back in Sept and it got crazy around here. No time for me lol. Jay just celebrated her 1st bday on 2/28 and still is little peanut. Tanner LOVES preschool. Gonna be signing him up for kindegarten in a week. My dh is finally back to work and I have time for me now lol.

Take care and talk to you later,
Old 03-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm close enough to Ohare airport to see the landing gear on a clear day. Just outside of Chicago, but tucked away in a quiet little street. We love it because you don't know we're here unless you get lost.

Mommy2Monkeys,
Are you anywhere near Bedford? or Sheridan, MO?
Old 03-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

No I don't think so. KC Mo is about 4-5 hrs awy from me.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Were from MI only 3 miles north of IN border.

we have a little over three acres and a big circular drive to park 3 semi's with 53 ft trailer end to end on one side. We have done this as we are home based trucking company.

Julie
Old 01-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I live in Brooklyn, NY and wished I lived in a forest instead.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:11 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thumbs up

In New Jersey..."down the shore". Close to NYC (55 miles), Philly (60 miles) and Atlantic City (45 miles)...yet, we live in a quiet town.

http://foodpursuit.blogspot.com