Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Local & Regional Forums Looking for people in your neck of the woods? Or maybe you are going to visit another area and need some help from the locals? Check it out!

Old 06-20-2002, 09:20 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sunshine

Well, keep your fingers crossed for me. Tomorrow morn we are headed down to Southern Indiana to go camping for the weekend. Right in the middle of where the earthquake was. We've had this weekend planned and had our reservations for over a month and no one (but me) wants to call it off. So I said ok, but if it starts up again will someone tell me which way to run? What I'm really worried about is leaving my 3 little kittens that have just barely started eating solid food and their mother has abandoned them. I just hope they will make it with only being checked on once a day. I almost lost the littlest one a couple of days ago. He got constipated. Had to give the little fella an enema with an eye dropper. His name is Possim. Have another all white one called Snow Ball and a carmel colored one called Carmel.
Green grass and flowers blooming all the time, too? Except for the rain, which would be killer on my sinuses, sounds like a pretty swell place to live.
Here in Indiana the weather can change at the drop of the hat. It was in the 80's today and filled with sunshine. I was sitting in an air conditioned office from 6 am to 4 pm so didn't get to enjoy much of the day. Of course everyone that came into the office was complaining about how hot it was outside. From my point of view, inside looking out, it looked like a great day to me.
Gotta get off here and get to bed or I'll never want to get up in the morn. Will check back in when I get home.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I hope you guys have a wonderful time camping. It would be extremely bad luck to have another earthquake so soon.

Ahhh. Your kittens sound so sweet. It must be hard for you to leave them. I'm sure the person checking on them will take good care of them for you though.

It's not much fun working on beautiful days but at least your office is air conditioned! In England, it doesn't get hot very often, so air conditioning is rare. On Monday, it was 84! I'm fortunate that I'm able to be a SAHM. I always feel so sorry for the people working here on hot days. They do use fans but they don't really help that much.

Anyway, I hope you will be able to say how great your weekend was when you check back in!
Old 06-24-2002, 03:16 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sunshine

Made it down and back safely. No earthquakes, just hot hot humid weather. But the campsite they picked out for us was in the woods next to the lake so the temp was about 5 degrees cooler there. We had lots of water fights (lake is only for fishing) lots of good food, lots of good conversation. Went to an Elk Farm and Buffalo Farm. Got to ride on the motorcycle for about an hour of the 6 hour trip down and same on way home. Had a wonderful relaxing time. Am exhausted from the heat tho. All my kittens are fine and it looks like they all gained weight. Hip Hip Horay...........
Old 06-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

All in all, it sounds like you had a grand ol' time. . . that you guys got there and made it home safely is a blessing. Those poor kids in Texas. . . pray for the families. . .

Old 06-25-2002, 01:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome back!

ladyinmaille,

Welcome back! So happy to hear you had a good weekend and that your kittens are okay too.

We had beautiful weather here in England on the weekend. It was warm enough to wear shorts but not too hot. i spent nearly all my weekend gardening. My youngest son helped me. He loves gardening as well. My oldest son had to spend the time revising for exams. Poor kid. He had exams all day yesterday and again today and tomorrow. He's only 13 but they put a lot of emphasis on end of year exams here. It's also a bit early for them because they don't finish school until July 19th but apparently the school decided they need more time to evaluate the exams and mark them.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:04 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sunshine and BLTN_Mom

Thanks for the welcome back. We didn't even see an accident all those hours on the road. Yes, so much sadness, Texas, Arizona
Gardening is what I should have been doing instead of relaxing. The weeds are fast overtaking my veggies.
Exams.:mad: It has been ages, and I do mean ages, since I've had to take an exam but I do remember the cramming. I bet your older son would have rather been outside doing anything than studying for his exams. Our school is out here and has been for a couple of weeks. I think the grandkids are already getting bored. They all like to go to school. Well, except for the youngest, because he hasn't started yet.
Gotta get out of here. It's already 6 am and that is when I'm supposed to be to work After a little vacation, it just almost impossible to make yourself go back to work.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Ladyinmaille,

I haven't visited this board in a while and thought I should check it out. How have you been? Did you have a nice holiday? It was just a normal day here. The boys went to school and hubby to work but I thought of everyone in America and my heart was there with you all. God Bless America!!

How is your weather? We have been having rain nearly everyday this week and cool temps as well. Not at all like summer. Very depressing when you consider that we've already had the longest day. The summer will be done before we get the warm weather! LOL.

Take care. Bye for now.
Maureen
Old 07-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Howdy Ho Sunshine

We had a wonderful 4th of July. It was really hot outside but I got a cheapy little inflatable pool that the grandkids and grandma got in and played all afternoon. We had 16 friends and family for a fish fry (ds and gks caught over 100 blue gill) and home made ice cream. Then we had fresh vegetables and fruit and cheese and we ate and ate and ate and ate. I took around 50 pictures (mostly of my grandkids) and spent all morning printing them out. Luckily no one turned the camera on grandma running around in her swimming suit. At 55, it isn't a pretty sight.
Today is sunshinny and not as hot and humid as it has been and there is a lovely breeze so I've been spending some time on the deck with my kittens. Found out I've developed an allergy to them so had to put them outside.
I took Wednesday off work and again today so I am going to have a lovely 5 day weekend.
Sorry to hear you are not having much of a summer over there. We are having way too much here. Don't mind the heat, hate the humidity.
My garden is doing ok. We do need more rain. My corn was knee high by the 4th of July tho, so I think we will do ok.
Gotta go clip and bathe the schnauzers. They are way overdue.
Take care of yourself.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Your 4th of July with your family sounds like it was truly wonderful. I love the way you describe things. I can just picture the scene. And all that delicious food!! How nice that you have a five day weekend. I bet you are really enjoying it.

I should be used to the weather here by now but every year I hope for nice warm weather. The eternal optimist! It does get hot here occasionally which is always so welcome until we get a very hot day and then everyone starts complaining! LOL. I'm the same as you about the humidity. I sure don't miss the humid, hot weather in Mn. but just a bit of warm weather so I can wear shorts would make me happy. And sunshine! Too bad we can't do an exchange. Your sunshine for some of our rain!

Glad to hear your garden is okay. It must be quite big if you grow corn. What else do yoy grow?

How many schnauzers do you have?

Bye for now.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Howdy Sunshine

Schnauzers (3), I got the first one, a male, Baron Von Buster about 9 years ago. I was looking for a lap dog. When my older sister saw him, she went and got another male, Chance, then my younger sister heard about them so I went and got her the last male, Wolfy. 3 sisters owning 3 brothers. LOL
About 5 years ago a girlfriend had to get rid of her female , Becky's Katie Did" and she asked me to take her because she knew I loved schnauzers. Well, Katie and Buster got busy and we started breeding schnauzers. The 3rd one is Twosocks of Snowden, a neutered male out of their first litter. Twosocks was a sickly little puppy and spent too much time in my arms and when it came time to sell him, I couldn't. Thats how we ended up with 3. I've sold some and given some away. One gentleman came after his dog had been hit by a car. He was devistated. He couldn't make up his mind between a black one and a salt and pepper one, he finally decided on the black one. When they were old enough and he came to pick his puppy up, I handed him the salt and pepper one, too. The man cried. I cried. He cried. I cried. I felt good for a long long time after that.
Fudge, there is a storm rumbling in. Gotta get off the puter. Heaven knows we need the rain so I'll stop grumbling. More later.