Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Local & Regional Forums Looking for people in your neck of the woods? Or maybe you are going to visit another area and need some help from the locals? Check it out!

Old 06-15-2002, 11:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm from the midwest

Hi Sparklemom --I'm from the midwest --Sw Missouri also -so I am close to Ok -Kns and ARK like you. . I live on a farm. I love to can and cook and we raise a big garden. Good to see someone else from SW Missouri
Old 06-15-2002, 11:15 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

ozarks

A few years back my husband and I toured the Ozarks on the Aspencade. Beautiful country. Loved it, loved it, loved it.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

ladyinmaille-Ozarks

Yes the ozarks are beautiful I love it here.
Lauraleah
Old 06-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello Midwesterners!

Hello everybody!

I'm from Minnesota but I live in England. I really, really miss living in the good old U.S.A. It's great having this forum to "chat" and make new friends.

It's funny the way you guys are discussing which states qualify as the "midwest". Over here, if someone asks what part of America I'm from, I get a lot of blank looks if I say I'm from the midwest. They have no idea what part of America that is! Then when I say I'm from Minnesota, it's almost as confusing for them. LOL. Most British only have an idea where California, Texas, Florida, and New York are. (MInd you how many Americans know anything about the geography of the United Kingdom?!!)

Anyway, I usually tell them to think of the whole country and that Minnesota is at the top, in the middle and shares a border with Canada. I also add that we are by Lake Superior than they seem to have a good idea because they know about the Great Lakes.

This midwest forum is really good. I tried to get the Minnesota one started but no one replied.

Cheers!
Maureen
Old 06-15-2002, 03:58 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Minnesota

My boss will be headed to Minnesota at the end of July to spend a week in the boundary waters with his sons and wife. He goes at least once a year and twice if he is real lucky. He's brought back pictures of your beautiful state. How exciting you are in England. Is this a permanent move? When my dh was in the service we lived in a few different states and the holidays were the worst for being away. But I was never stationed overseas with him so I can't imagine what that would be like. I imagine its a lot of mixed emotions. Anyway, welcome to the Midwest forum.
Old 06-15-2002, 04:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Ladyinmaille,

Thanks so much for your warm welcome. I really appreciate it. Yes, Minnesota is a very beautiful state. The Land of 10,000 Lakes. I feel homesick just thinking about "home".

My husband is British and I've been living in England for 15 years. We have two wonderful sons, aged 13 and 10. I'm very happy here most of the time but homesickness still hits me at times. The holidays are difficult as you say. I have a lot of good friends (all British) and I think life is generally more peaceful here than in America. As you say, I have mixed emotions.

Bye for now.
Maureen
Old 06-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sunshine

15 years, oh my goodness. Do you ever get to come home for a visit? My dh and dd went to New Zealand back in February and they said the ppl there were more laid back than here in the states. Said no one was in a hurry. I could use a little more laid back atmosphere.
Old 06-16-2002, 05:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Yes I get to go home for visits but not nearly as often as I'd like. I find Christmas is the most difficult time for me to be away from home so we went home for the last two. This year my boys think they want to stay here at Christmas so we might try and go this summer instead. We will see.

I would love to visist New Zealand! Did you see the movie, The Lord of The Rings? It was filmed there and I fell in love with the country.

Maureen
Old 06-16-2002, 06:47 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

The Lord of Rings

Yes, saw the movie plus over 1000 photos dh and dd took with digital cameras while they were there plus a couple of videos. Anyone who has the means and their dr. will let them fly, should go see New Zealand (in my opinion) Looks like a little piece of heaven to me.
Old 06-16-2002, 06:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

New Zealand

Wow! Over 1000 photos! Wonderful. How long was their visit? What a shame you didn't get to go as well. Will there be another opportunity?