Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Local & Regional Forums Looking for people in your neck of the woods? Or maybe you are going to visit another area and need some help from the locals? Check it out!

Old 11-13-2002, 01:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Catherization Lab - They put the tube in the groin to run a small tube up the artery to the heart to check for blockages and, if possible, put a stint in the narrow part, inflate the balloon to expand it then deflate and remove the balloon leaving the stint in place. She got to come home because they could not get a stint to the blockages she did have so she is going on a low colesterol diet and put on a blood thinner to ease the flow of blood . . .
Celebrated last night (Tuesday) with her and she got to enjoy her grandson !

Old 11-13-2002, 03:09 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Cath lab

OK, I was right. A cath lab is bad. That is very scarey. I am so sorry. I hope the meds and diet help her. Are they going to try it again at a later time or is it never going to happen? I bet you are beside yourself with worry over her. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for strength to get though this horrific time of worry.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hopefully she has no more trips to the Cath Lab. Talked to her a while ago and her greatest fuss today was removing the sticky compression bandage from around her upper thigh/groin area . . .*ow ow ow* I'm a wuss when it comes to bandaides :p
She was put in the twilight zone and they had novacained her leg . . . like Bill Cosby's lip ( I need that video ) . . . so had to have help to walk Monday night.
She is to start meds and a new diet to help get circulation going better . . .
I got my paper to make the matt and got Smiley's pictures mounted and framed to give to my MIL . . . she did aprove of the pics I was going to use for it too !

Old 11-13-2002, 03:02 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

BLTN_Mom

Don't you wish they'd make bandaids that stayed on as long as you needed them and then just automatically fell off when the time was right. I hate that ripping off the bandage thing. It always brings tears to my eyes and bad words to my mouth.

I have to tell you that I went to the site you put up the pictures on and found it very touching. I had to shed a few tears over the tribute you and your dad put in there for your mother. That was so nice for you to remember her like that.

I will continue to hope for the best for your friend as she tries to follow what her Dr's have prescribed. Dieting is so hard. I know I have zero will power and I'm afraid I won't be good at it when my time comes to diet. It's not even wintertime and I can tell by my jeans getting tighter and tighter that I've already started to add on my winter layer of fat. lol
Old 11-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Daddy was always telling me "You had something in your mouth you wouldn't hold in your hand . . ."
I've got one more page I haven't tied in yet titled 'Does it run?' concerning the the ups and downs of auto repair that Daddy and I encountered.

Old 11-13-2002, 05:34 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

BLTN_Mom

It's a really neat site. I wouldn't even have a clue as to how to do what you have to do to make a web site. Wow, what a sentence.

I think it's neat that you have included pictures of everyone and tied them together with a central theme. I think my daughter could do something like that. I might have to talk with her and see what it would take.

Oh, dear, its getting past my bedtime. Take care. Hugs, Linda.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

BLTN_Mom

I hope your friend is feeling better and I wish her a speedy recovery.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

What is so neat about Geocities.com is that it has templates for the backgrounds and it just walks you through the whole process of creating your pages and tying them all together - there are so many things that can be done that I've had on my pages and there are other goodies for them I haven't even touched yet ! I haven't even used one fifth of the storage I've been allotted . . . You can also go to MyFamily.com to get a place to share pictures with family and put in important dates and it will even send you reminders ! You can even have private chats with family in your own chat room ! If you have been bit by the geneology bug ( which I have ) you can set up your family tree for the World Tree . . .
Now after all those plugs . . . back to the thread . . .

I am going to be brave. I just ordered some diet suppliments and a diet because I am getting tired of having to hunt for clothes. I also want a little girl sometime next year and I don't want to have the same problem I had with Sean. Also having problems with a hip, knee, and ankle all on the same side. I'm doing it to feel better and not so tired all the time. Shopping will get me out for some more exercise; I have a boy to show off . . .
Got the pictures matted and framed. Grandma was so pleased. Got Grandpa's pictures done and I'm going to get G-Grands pictures to them for Christmas. I need to get some copies of another picture of Allen and I to give out to . . . seems my Pooky likes to hide when pictures are taken . . . ;-)
Linda is doing much better. She gave all of us, including herself, a scare !

Last edited by BLTN_Mom; 11-15-2002 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:31 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Evening Cheryl

I am so glad your friend is doing better. It's so scarey sometimes when your family or friends have medical problems and there is nothing you can do to help them.

I wish you well in your attempt to trim some lbs off. In the wintertime I always put on my winter layer of fat. Then I take some of it off in the spring. But every year I end up a few lbs heavier than the year before. I am trying to drink more water and started taking some new vitamins trying to make myself a little more healthy.

Tonight I have my 2 grandsons spending the night. We are gonna have fun, fun, fun, until the dreaded parents come and get them. Sunday we are all going to go see the new Harry Potter movie. I can hardly wait.

Well, I've gotta go play. Hugs to all.

I think Sunshine is busy writing her articles, at least I hope she is.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Ladies,

BLTN_Mom I'm pleased to hear your friend is feeling better.

I'm sure you will do well on your diet. The battle is half won if you have the right attitude and it sounds like you do! Also, you have a strong incentive if you are doing it for your health. A few years a go I joined Weight Watchers and got to my goal with their help. Mind you, I still go up and down a bit! I'm like LInda. I put some weight on each winter and take some off in the spring but each year I get heavier. I think it's time for me to go back to the diet!

Ladyinmaille

Hi LInda. Today is Sunday so you should be out seeing the new Harry Potter movie. I'm sure you will all enjoy it a lot.

You are right. I have been busy writing so | am trying to refrain from spending so much time on this forum. It's not easy! I'm addicted to it so I do check in from time to time.

I also visit another forum for Americans living in the U.K. and I've made a lot of friends on there as well. I'm reallly excited because I will get to meet some of them on December 1st. We(including spouses and children) are going to meet up at a restaurant in a big shopping center here in the southeast area of England. I can hardly wait! It will be fun to meet up with other Americans and talk about our life here.

Hugs to everyone

Cheers!
Maureen