Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Local & Regional Forums Looking for people in your neck of the woods? Or maybe you are going to visit another area and need some help from the locals? Check it out!

Old 11-08-2002, 01:58 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

BLTN_mom

Thanks for the advice about renaming the picture. My dd told me the same thing. LOL I never thought about the fact the computer would recognize the name, not the picture. duh......

If I didn't have my dd to help me, I'd never get anywhere. She's the one that posted my tiny head for me. I need to hunt up a new one without the chainmaille covering all the gray hair and wrinkles. Then again, maybe not.

Loved the title you thought up for Sunshine/Maureen. I can hardly wait until she gets something published.

That would be great to be able to go to a ren festival in a castle. I've never had the opportunity to do that, yet.

Your little Sean is one of the cutiest boys posted on that thread. He must like to get his picture taken cause he's quite the little ham. My youngest grandchild is now 5 years old. They just grow up soooo fast. I want to slow the hands of the clock down.

Well, gotta go get some supper on. Take care. Hugs, Linda
Old 11-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

Hello Ladies,

We saw the new Harry Potter movie this afternoon. It was excellent!! We thought it was even better than the first one. i have a word of warning though. Spiders!! If you have a phobia about spiders, than be warned that there is a frightening scene with some BIG spiders. That said, it's a very entertaining movie and there are a lot of laughs as well as drama. ! highly recommend it!!

Don't have time to chat so bye for now.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:14 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Harry Potter

We are hoping to see Harry Potter next weekend. Thanks for the warning about the spiders. I have 1 granddaughter afraid of insects. I will tell my son so he can get her prepared.

I have a 3 day weekend. Yesterday I went to Ft. Wayne with my dd and sil. We went to Michaels and Best Buy and of course Walmart. Can't seem to go anywhere without popping into Walmart to pick up a few things.

Today daughter and I are going to pay bills.

Better go get ready for her.

Hugs, Linda
Old 11-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

We don't have any discount stores like Walmart or Target here. They would be swamped with customers if they were here and offered the same prices! Everything here is VERY expensive. When I visit my family in MN, we always go to Target and the other discount stores and buy a whole new wardrobe for each of us! My hubby normally hates shopping but you should see his face light up when we go to Target and he sees the price tags!

We've had rain here all day but still mild temps. HIgh was 54f or 12c.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Oh no ! How can you stand it ? I would go crazy; I love my antique and thrift stores and the flea markets ! I my junque . . . I mean shtuff . . . er . . . uh oh . . .

Busted ! Aren't I ?

Old 11-10-2002, 12:39 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Walmart/Target

I love going to Target but we don't have a local one. We used to but between K-Mart and Walmart, they ran them out of business.

Whenever Kelly comes from NZ to visit us, he always brings a shopping list and we shop until he drops. lol Evidently they don't have discount stores there either.

It is storming here today. We lost our electricity briefly. Can't get anything to come in on tv so Bob put in the movie Spiderman. I bought it a couple of weeks ago but we haven't taken time to watch it yet.

Haven't paid the bills yet. Yeah, I'll get to them sooner or later. Maybe tomorrow.

toodles, hugs, Linda
Old 11-10-2002, 09:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Mail don't run on Veteran's Day !

Uh Oh ! My MIL's B-day is Monday !

I'll go find a mat and give her a frame collage of her umpteenth grandchild's picture; she is always wanting one . . . Allen is #6 out of 7 while I'm 1 of 1 . . . you know, I never had anyone to blame things on ! :p

It's been cloudy but warm for November; yesterday it got to 78F !

Old 11-11-2002, 05:15 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle BLTN_Mom

Never had anyone to blame things on. LOL I know a lady that had 1 child and a dog. The child always says the dog did it.

Don't ya just hate it when you forget to send a card? If everyone owned computers you could just send an email and they wouldn't know you remembered at the last moment. Unless you completely blow off the day until like a week afterwards, which I have done.

78 degrees. Wow. Must be nice. We won't see 78 again until next year.

Gotta run. Take care. Hugs, Linda
Old 11-11-2002, 05:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I was going to get the pictures done then my hubby and I were going to take his Mom out to eat.
Ended up watching another heart sister's twins while she was at the hospital in the Cath Lab. She got to come home so I had the other heart sister take me up there to get her car so it would be at home so all is well. Had to postpone the B-day dinner for another night . . . hopefully I get the pictures mounted and framed tomorrow . . .

Old 11-12-2002, 02:28 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

BLTN_Mom

I'm sorry to hear your good friend was in the hospital. I do hope she will be OK. I don't know what a cath lab is but it doesn't sound good.

I'm sure your mil understood about the postponement of her birthday dinner/party.

It's Tuesday morn and am getting ready to leave for work after a 3 day weekend which I really needed and enjoyed. Am typing as fast as I can before hubby says, lets go.

Just wanted to pop on here and tell you I was sorry to hear about your heart sister.

Hugs, Linda