Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Local & Regional Forums Looking for people in your neck of the woods? Or maybe you are going to visit another area and need some help from the locals? Check it out!

Old 10-24-2002, 08:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

BLTN_Mom

Nice to hear from you! Stay in touch!

I forgot to give a website for Burwell House in case you or anyone else is interested. It's www.burwellhouse.com

I've been having a quiet week. It's Half-Term. The boys are enjoying their week off school and I'm enjoying the time with them. So far they've been to visit friends and/or had friends here. They have also been swimming and played football (soccer). Today, Stuart had an orthodontic checkup and we went shopping. Now, Gavin is happily playing with K-nex and Stuart is upstairs, listening to a new CD (Holly Valance) and reading.

it's been sunny here but chilly. The air is very fresh. I always feel invigorated with this kind of weather. There was a frost this morning but it wasn't a very hard frost. My geraniums are still blooming!

Well, bye for now. Take care. Glad you're still on a "high" from your birthday.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Afternoon Ladies

A gracious good afternoon to everyone.

It was a beautiful, crisp day here in Podunk, Indiana. The trees are turning into such a beautiful display of color. I have two huge red maples right out my front door that are just spectacular. Of course the neighbors don't think so when the leaves blow in their yards.

I've got Snowball, the all white cat, sitting on my lap just a purring. My nose is plugging up from my allergy, shhhhh don't tell hubby cause he'll throw her out the door. lol Then he'll scold me like I'm a little kid, which I suppose I am since I'm doing this to myself. She's just so soft and purrs so nicely.

Guess what I got today? My mukluks. I ordered them from Ely, Minnesota. I've been thinking about ordering them for over a year because they are supposed to conform to your feet. I haven't been able to wear regular shoes, let alone boots, for years now because my feet go into cramps because of my fms. Well, last winter walking in snow with open shoes was the pits. So I spent some big bucks and have my fingers crossed that I can wear these without too many cramps. I had them on for about an hour today when both feet started cramping so I took them off for an hour and then put them back on. I've had them on for about 3 hours now and they are starting to feel like they might cramp again so am gonna take them off again. I really hope these work out. They are made out of moosehide and are supposed to stretch. Wish me luck. They are really beautiful boots with fringe on top. I can wear them to ren faires if they work out or to rendevous.

Feeling a little more chipper today. By the weekend, when the grandkids come, I'll be feeling fine, even if I'm not feeling fine because they always make me feel better. Does that make any sense?

Take care. Hugs Me=Linda
Old 10-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

ladyinmaille

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today. I hope your new boots (mukluks) will become more comfortable soon.

Take care. Hope you feel even better tomorrow and great for the weekend.
Old 10-25-2002, 03:24 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Morning

Getting ready to leave for work. Got my mukluks on. Taking my slip ons just in case.

Hope everyone has a great day. Hugs
Old 10-25-2002, 03:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

mukluks

I hope your mukluks will be more comfortable today. it's nearly lunch time here. Stuart has a friend over. He arrived at 9:30am and is going to be here all day. They are having a lovely time together and even including Gavin. After lunch, Gavin is having a friend over.

The sun is just peeking out from the clouds right now. It has been raining on and off all morning. The temp is surprisingly mild though. It's supposed to get up to 61f today and it feels at least that warm.

I can't believe it's Friday already. I've been enjoying having the boys home all week.

Well, take care. Don't work too hard!

Bye for now.
Old 10-26-2002, 06:04 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle Saturday morning Cartoons

Only the oldest grandson is awake and he is watching cartoons so I thought I'd pop on here and check the mail.

I wore my mukluks all day with no cramps. I was so happy. I am going to send them a letter and thank them. I still can't believe after all these years I have boots on. I just run around the office all day long saying "I love my mukluks".

I bet you are sorry to see this week come to an end. I know how much I love getting to spend time with my grandkids. They just have so much zest for life and they see so many things we grownups miss. And when they laugh, I'm in heaven.

It is foggy here today. Now, every time we have fog, I think of England and you. In all the shows, they always show England as foggy or drizzling rain. I know from corresponding with you, that it isn't always that way but I can't get rid of the stereotype. lol I'm an old lady set in my ways.

Well, enjoy your last couple of days with the boys before they have to return to school. Take care. Hugs.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

HI Linda,

I'm so pleased that your mukluks are comfortable. I bet they are nice and warm too!

Yes, I do feel sad about the boys going back to school on Monday. Sometimes, I've even considered homeschooling so they would be around eveyday! Then I think about trying to teach maths and I shudder at the thought. I'm not very good at math skills. I would be okay with English, history, geography and science. Both boys love maths and science. Gavin consistently gets the best math scores in his class (Year 6) and Stuart's favorite subjects in Year 9 are chemistry, physics and maths! Oh, he also has French and German. I'm no help with other languages. My hubby took French at school so he helps Stuart.

Anyway, they've had a good week. Right now, Gavin is reading a book called "Point Blanc" by Anthony Horowitz. It's about a teenager working as an MI6 spy. Gaviin read the first one by the author called "Stormbreaker" and was thrilled to get this one. He can't put it down. I'm pleased that he and Stuart both love to read as much as I do. Stuart is busy doing homework.

Do you like to read? Right now I'm reading a novel by Jodi Picoult called "Harvesting the Heart". It's very good. I read one of her books when I was back home in MN and now I'm hooked. I've read four others by her since them. I would recommend you try any of her books.

You made me laugh about your thoughts of England and rain and fog all the time. You're not the only one to think that! So many of my friends back home have said the same thing! LOL. Actually, we do get fog here but not everyday! Sometimes, it really is very thick and like in the movies. Today, it's very cloudy and chilly but it's not raining. Just gloomy.

In the news today it was reported that Richard Harris died. Very sad. He played Dumbledore in Harry Potter. They were just starting to film the third book. I wonder who they will get to replace him.

Take care.
Maureen
Old 10-26-2002, 02:47 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Evening Maureen

That is wonderful that your sons like to read. My daughter was and is forever reading something. My hubby reads more than she does. He reads every morning before heading for work, he gets up early just so he can, and again in the evening before retiring. I read, too, but not with that much passion. lol I spend way too much time on the puter. My daughter keeps saying I'll get bored with it soon. Yeah, right. lol

The grandkids have gone home. Their dad came after them around 2 today. We took them to Walmart this morn because Tyler wanted a Harry Potter toy to take to his mom's that connected to something she had gotten him. He had worked hard helping Grandma clean house so I got it for him. Then, of course, the other 2 had to pick out a new toy. lol Grandma didn't get herself a new toy, I got support hose instead.

Yes, I was very sorry to hear Richard Harris died. Next month the new Harry Potter is supposed to come out and I've promised Tyler we'd take him to it for his birthday present. It'll be odd seeing the rest of the movies without Richard Harris.

I've got scads of clothes to fold and have goofed off most of today so I guess I'd best get busy doing something. Take care. Hugs. Linda

Wore my mukluks all day today. Life is good.
Old 10-27-2002, 05:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Stormy Sunday in England

Hi Linda,

I will try again. I logged on about an hour ago and was in the middle of telling you about our stormy weather when the power went out! We are having extremely high winds with gusts up to 80 and 90 mph! It's very cloudy and dark and we're expecting heavy rain and thunderstorms soon. Thankfully, we don't have to go out today. When I got up this morning, I saw a section of our neighbour's fence was down and a tree is split down the middle across the road.

We were thinking of taking the boys to London today to the IMAX cinema but decided it would be wiser to go another day. We are going to watch a DVD and play scrabble later instead.

I read in the paper today that Warner Brothers had considered Sean Connery for the Dumbledore part initially but he had turned it down. They may offer the role to Christopher Lee. He was too busy when he was considered the first time. He was busy acting in The Lord of The Rings and also in the most recent Star Wars film. He's 80 so I wonder if the studio wants to risk it. He is a tremendous actor though and I could picture him in the part. Do you remember seeing him as Dracula?

Take care.
Maureen
Old 10-27-2002, 06:14 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Storm

Oh my goodness. Your storm sounds very scary. Sounds like tornado weather over here. I hate tornados. Whenever there is a warning out, I'm always tucked away in my closet trying to get all my critters in there with me. I have all my photo albums in there so I can "protect" them. Yeah, right.

I fell asleep really early last night and woke at 5 this morning. grumble grumble. I was wide awake, too. I never am when I have to get up to go to work. grumble grumble. lol

I got clothes folded, made peanut butter cookies, am frying mush for breakfast right now. Gonna clean out the fridge, too. Eeekkk I'm acting way to housewifey today. If I don't watch out, hubby will start to expect it.

Yes, I do remember Dracula and Christopher Lee. He is an excellent actor. I absolutely adore Sean Connery. It seems like the only actors I really like are of the "older" generation. They just seem to have so much "experience" under their belts. lol Maybe it's because the younger actors I feel I'm old enough to be their mother.

Gonna go eat my mush and peanut butter cookies. It's great being this old. You can eat what you want, when you want. I pity the caretakers that'll have to look after me in a few years.

Take care. hugs.