Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Local & Regional Forums Looking for people in your neck of the woods? Or maybe you are going to visit another area and need some help from the locals? Check it out!

Old 09-24-2002, 03:32 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Virus

Oh, yes, I got a virus delivered in an email one time that totally took out my hard drive. It went through my addresses and sent it to everybody in my address book I had to buy a new hard drive. I was not a happy camper.

Now I have Norton installed and it scans all my incoming and outgoing emails and removes any and all attachments.

I don't know what gets into people that they think it's funny or exciting or what they think when they make up these viruses. There are some sick sick people out there. Guess I'd rather they blow up my puter than blow me up but still. I don't care how wise I get in my old age, I'll never understand what would possess a person to do that sort of thing.

Today went whipping by too and I worked another 10 hour shift. I figure by tomorrow I might have to leave early. Two 10 hour days in a row is a bit excessive for me now a days. Last night hubby put in 12 hours so I didn't fix supper and tonight we are just having nachos. If I had to come home and fix a big supper when I work the 10 hours, I'd never make it. It's a good thing my hubby is so understanding. I just can't imagine myself without him. We've decided whomever goes first is going to be cremated and then when the other one dies we are gonna slip the first ones ashes in the casket with the second one. Tee hee. Don't tell the funeral director. I wanna be the one in the casket because I want my kids to put those googly eye glasses on me so whenever someone comes up to the casket they bust out laughing. I want to exit laughing and singing and dancing my way to heaven. I want everyone's last memory of me to be one of happiness because I won't be in any more pain. Not that I'm the least bit anxious to exit stage left yet. I just have too many things I still want to see and do.

I've often wished my eyes were cameras so I could replay all the wonderful things I've seen. Maybe that's why I love to take pictures because I can capture a moment in time. My daughter can paint lovely pictures, I can take lovely pictures.

Well, gotta go and get supper on. Hubby will be showing up soon. We had a lovely day here, too. Sun was shinning and 70 degrees. It's beginning to smell and look like fall. We have 2 huge red maple trees in front of our house and when they turn colors, wanna talk about beautiful? Wow. Take care. Gentle hugs
Old 09-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sunshine - it may have been too new to handle it properly and Norton will e-mail the offender from Quarentine to the brains to pick apart.
Ladyinmaille - That's the only way to go!

just don't leave us too soon. . . I enjoy the banter!

Old 09-25-2002, 03:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Linda,

You are working very hard; two 10 hour days in a row! That's too much! I hope you get to leave early today and get a chance to rest a bit.

You and your hubby have an interesting plan for your funerals! LOL. I agree with BLTN Mom though-please don't leave us yet!

Thanks for the info about viruses from you and BLTN Mom. I knew viruses can be attached to files on e mails so that's easy to avoid by not opening a file but I was totally surprised when this one came in through clicking on a website.

I rented a really nice movie out yesterday. "Kate and Leopold", starring Meg Ryan. It was very romantic. If you ladies haven't seen it, i would recommend it.

TTFN
Old 09-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi ya ladies

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday but I think the long hours caught up with me. I had such a headache yesterday that I came home from work, fell asleep at 3:30 P.M., woke at 9:30 P.M. and took my meds, and went back to sleep until 5 A.M. when the alarm went off. Headache is better today, I still have it but at least I can be civilized today. It was a real thumper. I actually cried it hurt so bad. I hardly ever cry over pain, get grouchy yes, get nasty yes, but don't cry. My daughter even came over and fixed a lovely supper for us and I slept through that. I remember her gently waking me and telling me supper was ready and I remember telling her I just wanted to sleep a few more minutes and that is the last thing I remember until I woke at 9:30 because I had to go to the bathroom. Whew. Glad that was yesterday and not today.

It was beautiful here today again. I've got the deck door open and listening to the crickets. Hubby is out playing in his garage, he reloads ammunition. He loves his garage. He talked about putting a bathroom out there and I told him if he did, I was moving his bed out there, too. Actually, he's such a sweetheart, I'd let him have about anything he wants. Except for a bathroom. I'd never see him all evening if he didn't come in once in a while to go to the bathroom.

Wouldn't that be a way cool plan if we can get away with it? I think it might be against the law to have 2 ppl in the same casket but if we sneak a little of the dust in, who would know but the ones that slipped it in under the pillow? Bob is my soul mate and I know we will be together when we go but I kinda want to make the journey with him. I know that doesn't make sense but it's reassuring to me in a silly sort of way. I never claimed to have all my crayons.

Well, hope everyone is doing ok and has had a wonderful day. I know I have. It's funny how wonderful a day can be because your head doesn't feel like it's gonna explode. Gentle hugs.

P.S. someone else said Kate and Leopold was good. will have to check it out sometime soon.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Oh dear ! my hubby would be right there in the garage with yours ! He has all his reloading goodies but we don't have a place to have it set up.
It sounds like you needed the rest instead of the food. All rested now? good. Don't do too much next time !

Old 09-27-2002, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Linda,

So sorry to hear about your bad headache. It sounds like a migraine. I know how painful that kind of headache is. Mine are triggered by skipping meals (low blood sugar) and by stress. Your recent long hours at work probably triggered your headache. I hope you are feeling much better.

Take care.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:17 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hiya

BLTN_Mom, I had to laugh when I read your post about I needed rest, now don't do it again. rotflmao Thanks for the laugh. They say laughter is the best medicine and I think that's true.

Yes, it is only recently that I've gotten the migraines back. After my hysto I didn't have any for years. But, they're back. Unless you've had a migraine, you don't know what a headache really is. I'm sorry you suffer with them too, Sunshine. They are no fun.

Today was beautiful again. It started out rainy and cold but then the sun came out and it warmed up. When I got off work I went outside and took up 5 discs of pictures on my cats and kittens. I think people drive by my house and drop off cats. I counted 28 at the food bowls. I think the neighborhood cats come running when they hear me calling. Oh, well, I don't care. If they weren't hungry, they wouldn't come running. I just love animals. I was born in the Chinese year of the dog. Maybe that's why I love animals. Usually people are either cat people or dog people, I'm both.

Yes, hubby loves to reload. He reloads 9 pistol calibers, 12 rifle calibers, and 2 shotgun calibers (12 & 20 ga). I have a youth remington model 1100, 20 gauge shotgun that I use whenever
we go out and shoot clay pigeons. I'm the only one in the family that doesn't hunt. I only shoot at targets. I'm much better at shooting moving targets than stationary ones so everyone knows if I'm upset just to stand still. lol

Another wonderful thing about today. It was Friday. Whoopie.... No work for 2 days. (Linda turns cartwheels)

Tomorrow is the Pioneer Festival. We are going out to breakfast, my favorite meal to eat out, then going to the Festival for as long as I can stand to walk. Isn't that a wierd play on words. Stand to walk. They will have gobs of old fashioned goodies. I can't wait.

Gotta go. Take care. Gentle hugs.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hubby is an acumulator. I never posted this but my wedding present was a .357 rifle with engravings of deer on one side and a cougar on the other... I also have a .38 snub and a 'hers' 9mm; Dad did gunsmithing as well as auto mechanics and taught me to shoot...
I have those tension headaches that would go for days until I went to a chiropractor - I tell you there were some days I wanted to kill that boy digging from inside my head... now I only get them if I'm uptight or I cry too much and I'll cry at the drop of a hat at anything or nothing...but I hate the stuffy nose afterwards and at this time of year it gets that way anyway!

Old 09-29-2002, 07:21 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

BLTN_Mom

I' m sorry you have the headaches, too. Anyone that has them knows you'd like someone to take a drill to your head to let the pressure out.

I have a carry permit but my gun is almost always locked in the gun safe. My hubby and I are members of the NRA. Of course he is a more dedicated member than I am. My son likes to rabbit hunt, my daughter likes to squirrel hunt, they all like to deer hunt. There have been times in my life when things were bad that we had a lot of squirrels and rabbits to eat. I can remember as a child we went fishing alot and hunted mushrooms and all kinds of berries. We did a lot of foraging for food. And my parents had a huge garden. And we canned and canned and canned. Their basement was filled with jars that had to be disposed of when mom died. Same way with my grandparents. My grandparents canned even more things than my parents did. Some of their jars were filled with mystery stuff. lol When I first met my hubby he fished, hunted and had trap lines in several locations. Over the years he stopped the trap lines. This year we all planted gardens and have gone back to canning and freezing food again. I've missed my garden.

Well its a beautiful day out again today. Yesterday we went to the Pioneer Festival and it was a great day. They had sheep shearing, butter making, candle making, crafts, food. They have barbeque ribs that are wonderful. I got myself a beautiful lightweight cane that I'm going to add ribbons and bells to and use it when we go to ren festivals. I got 3 pieces of peanut butter fudge and ate it all myself. LOL I got myself a cloth purse that a lady makes herself that is machine washable. We walked around for about 3 hours. Today I hurt but that is to be expected. Next weekend is the trappers and traders rendevous. I can hardly wait. I just love the encampments. I guess I'm just a festival type of gal. Hubby got some beeswax that he needed for his black powder gun, I think, to make bullets, or something. I'm not exactly sure what he does with any of the stuff.

Gotta run and get some things done. Take care. Gentle hugs to one and all. Hope you are having a wonderful sunny day.

Old 09-29-2002, 03:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

The Tulsa State Fair started Thursday and runs through next Sunday. I got some advance tickets and Allen got a couple of freebies. I hope Sean will notice the animals this year. He spent last year people watching!
I have had my share of bass, crappie, and ole gasperghoul (drum). I've eaten deer, squirrel, quail, and rabbit. My grandmother Ridley too would can everything from cooked sausage and chops to watermelon pickles (the white inside the rind). As long as the lid isn't eat up and is still sealed the food is still good for several years and I got to taste some when I was little...
Have you ever had them go hunting for one thing and bring back something else? Daddy has gone out for rabbit and got quail, out for fish and got goose, and one time went out for mistletoe, our state 'flower', and brought home rabbit! Grandma and I made quick work of him! Fried rabbit YUM!