Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Local & Regional Forums Looking for people in your neck of the woods? Or maybe you are going to visit another area and need some help from the locals? Check it out!

Old 07-26-2002, 02:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Linda,

Good to hear you had a two day break from the heat and humidity. i hope it isn't quite that hot on the weekend. I hope you guys have a good trip to MIchigan and back for the ren fair on Saturday. I'm sure you will have loads of fun. I hope you will feel okay afterwards. Your plan to sleep the next day sounds wise!

Hi Cheryl,

You've had heatstroke twice?! My goodness! You must get very worried then when the temps are so ridiculously high. You should slow down as well if that's possible. Take care, and try to keep cool.
Old 07-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya

It's 9:30 and I've got to get up at 4 am to be ready to leave at 5 to head to Michigan. Hurry tomorrow. I love ren faires. My girlfriend is staying the night so she doesn't have to get up any earlier to go with us. Hope we don't chat all night. Gotta run and get to chatting. Everybody take care. Will catch up with you on Sunday, if I get out of bed.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Silverleaf, MI

Ren Faire was way cool. Had a marvelous time. On the way home, I drove and the youngins slept. Cracked me up. All of us only got about 4 hours sleep the night before and on the way home I saw my daughter nod off first, then my girlfriend, then my daughters husband. Made me think about when my kids were young and I'd be driving while they were sleeping. Ahhh, the good old days.

Silverleaf is the smallest ren fest I've been to so far but the ppl were so friendly that it was a joy to be there. My girlfriend, who'd never been to one before, wore one of my outfits and really got into the spirit.

Sunshine, hope everything is ok with you. Do you need me to send some more sunshine over there? We finally got a nice rain yesterday and we have had a few days that were not unbearable.

Anyway, hope everyone is well and happy.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Linda,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Ren Fair. I'm so pleased for you. Plus you sound as if your health was good for the day. Indeed, you had more stamina than everyone else did! That must have made you feel pretty good!

I bet your girlfiend really enjoyed her first experience visiting a ren fair especially since she wore one of your outfits. Was it also a chainmaille outfit then? What about your daughter and son in law? What did they wear?

What is the furthest away you guys travel for ren fairs? I was just wondering because we will be in Minnesota in August (the 16th -29th) to visit my family and I know there is a Ren fair going on somewhere in between those dates. We will most likely go to it and I thought wouldn't it be great if we saw you there?!!!!

I'm glad to hear you got some rain. I know you needed it. Also pleased to hear it isn't quite so hot there. Thanks for the offer to send sunshine here! We've had some wonderful hot weather with blazing sunshine and hot, hot temps! I love it! We've been outdoors nearly every moment to enjoy it. Last night, it started raining and it's still raining today off and on. The high today is 75f so it still feels like summer! Yiippee! I love summer.

I hope you are feeling okay after your busy weekend. Take care.

Maureen
Old 07-31-2002, 01:26 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Minnesota Ren Festival

Oh, how I'd love to go to the Minnesota Ren Festival. I've heard from others that have been there that it is wonderful. That would be too totally cool to meet up with you when you are stateside but I just can't do it this year.

August 24th I will be back up at the Bristol Ren Faire and Amanda, our web mom, is going to try to meet up with me there. Plus another lady from Wisconsin, Kristen, is going to join us. I guess Amanda has never been to the ren fest and has always wanted to go so it should be fun meeting up with them. I hope the plans work out all right.

My girlfriend wore my 1st outfit, which reminds me of a spanish dancer, red top and bottom and black krenalin slip that sticks out down below it. The top is off shoulders. Then a bodice that pushes everything up and together so it looks like you have clevage whether you have clevage or not. LOL

My daughter dresses in many layers as a wench. My son in law has leather armor he wears sometimes or he wears his kilt (which has to be repaired). Both my dd and sil have several outfits depending on their mood. So far my mood has always been the chainmaille so I haven't looked into anything else.

Wasn't that funny that I outlasted the rest of the group.
Now I'm not going to tell them that I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep. They just think I'm tougher than they are. ;-)

I'm glad you are having a summer over there. I know if I don't get a dose of sunshine now and then I get sooooo depressed.

I'm going to try to attach a picture of my daughter and my girlfriend. I've never done it before, my daughter has always done it for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:30 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oops trying again

Daughter and girlfriend, Silverleaf, MI. 7-27-2002 Keeps saying file is too big. Guess I'll have to wait on dd. Shoot.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:45 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Daughter is here

Amy resized photo so here goes. Fingers crossed again.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2002, 04:55 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

This is my son in law and daughter walking away from me. He's a big guy and they both have long red hair. His is naturally curly and thick. Mine is naturally straight and baby fine. I wanna scalp him and make myself a wig.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2002, 04:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Linda,

Thanks for posting those photos!! Your daughter and girlfriend look so happy in their lovely outfits. I can see how wearing a costume would help you "get into" character as it were and make the whole event so much more fun. I sure laughed at your description of the bodice that makes it look as if you have cleavage whether you do or not. LOL. I need one of those outfits! I am so flat chested that your son in law's leather armor would probably suit me more!

I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to make it to the Minnesota Ren Festival. It would have been wonderful to meet you but perhaps another year. How fun for you that you will be meeting our web mom, Amanda, and your friend, Kristen at a Ren fair.

I did wonder if you might have over done it at the weekend. It sounds like my concern for you was proven correct. You did too much really, didn't you? I hope you are feeling a bit more recovered now. I can understand how the fun you gain from these events balances out the ill affects to your health. After all, you know how much you can push yourself. The Ren fairs are such a wonderful hobby for you that i can see where it helps you cope with all the bad aspects of your illness. It's the perfect diversion really. Just take care and don't push yourself too hard!

I hope your weather is good there. It's cooled down a lot here today. This morning the temp was just 58f! That's a bit chilly for the first day of August! The high is supposed to be about 68 or 70 but we will see.

I'm so glad you had a great time at the ren fair but try to pace yourself for the next one. I'm a concerned friend. Take care. Bye for now.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I love the outfits but where were you? lol hehehe

say I wasn't going to get after you about wearing yourself out that week end but since you brought it up. Please be more careful next time. I want you to beable to enjoy your ren fairs not cause yourself to be in more pain than normal.

Yes I too have a lot of trouble sleeping because of pain and my family think I just want to staand read on be on the computer. They have no idea what pain is and how we live with it. My dd I think is as dealing with fibro but she hasn't been disgnosed yet. She seems to be in pain a lot too.

How far from home do you go for the fairs? we have one here in Des mOoines and I think I will try it next time. My dd and grd went this year and had a great time. I think maybe there is a fall one some where close to here so maybe we will try that one.

Have a great day. Itis already 90 here and so humid. I'm glad that I have ac to stay inside with.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.