Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Your Community > Local & Regional Forums

Local & Regional Forums Looking for people in your neck of the woods? Or maybe you are going to visit another area and need some help from the locals? Check it out!

Old 03-15-2006, 09:22 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Happy face

Hi everybody! I really enjoyed reading about all the great places where y'all live. I'd love to visit every one of them, they all sound so nice except maybe for the 20 celsius days of summer! Unfortunately right now my metro center doesn't look extremely pleasant. In fact it's kind of depressing. I live in Metairie, which is right on the outskirts of New Orleans...It'll probably take a good number of years for a plan to come up for a better city, but on the news tonight they were throwing out some good ideas. It'll come back stronger than ever.
I know or heard of a couple of the places you live in like Lawrenceville, Ga. is where my boss retired to. And I don't know for certain but my Daddy was supossed to have come from Ohio, but I was so young I think my Mama might have meant his parents came from there.
I especially love the places where y'all say it's peaceful with hardly any cars. You don't know how lucky you are! And the CLICKLY CLACK of the trains just won my heart over! Oh, how I envy some of you ladies!!
Have a nice day and I hope y'all keep posting cause I'm enjoyng this.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LA is Louisanna down south isn't it, I'm still working my way around a US map LOL
Did the floods/cyclone damage where you actually are, your house? I hope it does all come back bigger and better. I'm sure that there is something that you love about your area even if there are a few bits you dislike immensley.

Funny we are in suburbia with 4 lane roads not far but we still get snakes and koalas in our yards, they must be adapting a great deal over the years.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Bilby, How cool to look out your window and see a Koala! I just see squirls and chipmunks and black birds that try to literaly drive my dog up a tree! lol

Ghc630,
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Bilby, How cool to look out your window and see a Koala! I just see squirls and chipmunks and black birds that try to literaly drive my dog up a tree! lol

Ghc630, I
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ghc630, I am
Old 03-16-2006, 07:08 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ladies, So sorry about the triple posts, not sure what the heck I did!

Leighann
Old 03-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Kellygirl, I noticed your original post was in 2004 and I hope you are still around her because I gotta tell you, we are neighbors. I live about 35 miles SE of Knoxville. We are in a rural area about 3 miles away from the nearest town. On a clear day, I can see the Great Smoky Mts. from my next door neighbor's yard. If you're still here, Kellygirl, hello from another Tennessean.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:58 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Bilby, Yes I consider LA, Louisiana. That's how I address anything I have to mail.
The place where I live is an independent living home and yes, the wing of our building had the roof blown off and they threw out everything I owned.
I was so mad when I found out. I was in Baton Rouge at one of my dd homes. My other dd & ds also live here and we all three had damage plus their df & his dw had damage also. I was at dd's for a month. I wasn't happy about coming home and when I finally did, they had to put me in a temporary apartment for another month. I still have stuff to buy but I'm all spent out right now. My dd had to throw out her fridge & freezer and everything in it. Everyone else did too, that's all you would see in front of houses till at least Christmas. My dd finally was called back to work at the hospital here and she had to leave about 2 weeks before I came home. I'm not mad anymore. It won't help me or anyone else around me so, I'm now just crusing my computer and playing games, doing some good stuff with friends I have here and seeing my kids & grandkids when they have time. Everyone is back in school except for my soon to be 3 year old gs.

I hope everyone has a Happy St. Paddy's Day tomorrow. I gonna go drink some green beer!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I live in Northen Arkansas, we have lots of great attractions in Arkansas. Great parks, lakes, wildlife, also have lots of entertainment things too. Like Country music theater nearby, Bull Shoals Theater of the Arts, also have a place called Mountain Village 1890 and Bulls Shoals Caverns, also to the north in Branson Missouri is lots of exciting things to see. Also Eureka Springs, Arkansas is great place to go, they have the Christ of the Ozarks statue of Jesus Christ and all sorts of things and entertainment. Eureka Springs has Quigley's Castle and it is neat as well as many other attractions.

God bless.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

It's usually gorgeous here in Central NY but we had horrible flooding 2 weeks ago - It was NOTHING like New Orleans got but it was devastating none the less - Homes were destroyed, roads were demolished & our good friend was killed when our road washed out underneath him - He was 31 & had 3 small children - It was really, REALLY rough but their (our) faith in God is sustaining us - Now it's back to the hot sun & gorgeous weather - We so love this area with the changing of the seasons - You just never know with Nature what is going to happen - Just need to trust in God that He knows what is best.....

God Bless.

KIM