FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Local & Regional Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/local-regional-forums/)
-   -   Helllllllllo Southerners!!! (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/local-regional-forums/14350-helllllllllo-southerners.html)

ScatteredMama 04-08-2005 10:10 PM

Helllllllllo Southerners!!!

:clapp: :bday: :) :) Whoo hoo!!!! Celebrating the opening of the New Home for the Southerners! ! :bday: :clapp:

Thanks so much for adding this! I really look forward to getting to know EVERYONE here at FC, but would love to see some fellow Southerners step in !
I am Jennie, a married mama of three sons from western to Northwestern Kentucky! :) I think people in other states sometimes consider that to be in the midwest or eastern part of the country, but I have always considered myself to be a Southern gal lol...actually, I believe most Kentuckians I know feel proud to be from our beloved South!

I have relatives and friends scattered all over the USA and overseas as well, and love hearing about the differences n locale and customs, but sometimes I just wanna kick back, grab a glass of sweet tea and talk about life down here. sometimes it feels like a whole 'nother world lol....

Hoping to see some smiling faces! :wave2: Jennie

ChristiS 04-09-2005 06:58 PM

Hi, I am a proud Southerner too! I'm in the far corner of Southwestern Virginia.

ScatteredMama 04-09-2005 10:23 PM

whoo hoo! Nice to see someone join me! ^^ :clapp:

kellygirl64 04-10-2005 03:19 AM

Hi Jennie,

I'm Kelly and I am a born and raised Tennesseean. I live in Southeast TN. I love to visit other parts of the US and the world but don't think I could live anywhere but the south. I have always been proud of my southern heritage.

You should definantly visit the state thread of Georgia on FC. It is full of ladies from all over the south. GA, TN, AL, NC, SC, VA but I don't think anyone from KY. We call it the GA porch! We "sit" on the porch and chat and drink sweet tea by the gallonsROFLMAO

I have driven through KY several times and it is georgeous. We spent some time up there a few years ago at Mammoth Cave. Hubby and I had a blast. Our DS was very young so we didn't take him but, he is older now and can't wait to go back and take him with us.

Hope to see you on the GA porch!

Kelly:wigg:

kellygirl64 04-10-2005 03:21 AM

Hi Jennie & ChristiS,

I'm Kelly and I am a born and raised Tennesseean. I live in Southeast TN. I love to visit other parts of the US and the world but don't think I could live anywhere but the south. I have always been proud of my southern heritage.

You should definantly visit the state thread of Georgia on FC. It is full of ladies from all over the south. GA, TN, AL, NC, SC, VA but I don't think anyone from KY. We call it the GA porch! We "sit" on the porch and chat and drink sweet tea by the gallonsROFLMAO

I have driven through KY several times and it is georgeous. We spent some time up there a few years ago at Mammoth Cave. Hubby and I had a blast. Our DS was very young so we didn't take him but, he is older now and can't wait to go back and take him with us.

Hope to see you on the GA porch!

Kelly:wigg:

ghc630 03-07-2006 10:37 PM

Hi Scattered Mama,
It's nice to talk to you thru FC! I'm from Metairie, Louisiana and have lived here since I was 7, before moving all the way from New Orleans, maybe about 10 miles. I love it here and wouldn't trade places with anyone else in the world. I hope I get to know you and Kellygirl64 and some other people from this neck of the woods. :welcome:

kellygirl64 03-08-2006 04:43 AM

Hi ghc630!

Nice to meet you and welcome to Family Corner. You will love it here and will soon find yourself addicted. I have never been to Louisiana but would love to visit your state someday. If you explore the Family Corner site you will find lots of great threads and clubs. I belong to the postcard club and we have a blast. I also visit the GA thread where lots of us southern ladies visit and chat. Just jump in anywhere and you will be made to feel welcome and make some great friends. Family Corner is the friendliest place on the web.

Hugs,
Kelly

tanmc 03-10-2006 07:24 AM

Hey, I'm from Georgia!

ghc630 03-11-2006 03:16 PM

Welcome

Hi tamac,

Glad to here you here. I'm sure you'll love this place. This is the 2nd time I've belonged to FC and I really love it and made some nice friends.

:greenbeer

My precious, precious child. I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

aarickasmom 07-30-2006 12:02 PM

GHC630: I'm from Alexandria, LA. Not sure how far this place is from Metairie.

Nice to see someone else from LA. :)