Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 05-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Waxing lyrical

Waxing, shaving, Epilady, bleaching, 'natural' look?

What's your thoughts on hair removal?
For me it's waxing. if at all possible.
But the mess when I have tried this at home is NOT worth it! It's a salon visit for these little legs!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I dont wax I use neet and I dont have to do it for quite a while but its up to the person.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I shave my legs, underarms and....

I have always bleached my mustache but lately, I have been thinking of waxing it or using a hair removal creme.

Does anyone do this? Is it true that is grows back darker? I have dark brown hair so if I don't stay on top of it, it is noticable.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-08-2007, 05:59 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I shave my legs and underarms. However, I struggle with my facial hairs. They just pop up out of nowhere! I usually pluck them with tweezers. Sometimes, I wax, but that usually results in at least one sore on my face which looks worse than the facial hair! I would love to try that new product called Tweeze-eze or something like that. I am waiting for it to apprear at Walgreens.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Facial hairs (most hairs) are often curled at the root so waxing will irritate the follicle by usually breaking off rather than the complete removal that tweezers allow. Brown spots are actually fine hairs and skin that are accumulating. They can be removed by diligently tweezing hair over time until all gone.
I can't wax anywhere due to this problem; too many hairs going in too many directions. Somethings going to break and flare up.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

That explains why the hairs above my lip break out so bad. They are way too fine to tweeze though. I don't know what else to do.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

There are special slant tip tweezers with a grip for fine hairs. Be careful to let them uncurl and come out the way they grow instead of simply yanking out. I believe it is Revlon that makes them.
My menopausal face hair is a lot of work.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Thanks for the information. I have one of those tweezers and I love it because it is the only one that will pull anything. I am not menopausal, but it seems that the hair on my face has gotten worse. I laugh because my DD, who is in her 20s, complains that she is getting facial hair. lol
Old 06-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sad face Phooey on hair removal

Summer is a drag for this dark-haired Italian-Irish girl. I have to shave my legs every day if I want to wear anything else than long pants. And with age, I am getting more and more of those annoying chin hairs I saw on my grandma when I was a little girl. Tweeze, tweeze, tweeze all the time!

Just had to vent a little.....

http://adventureswithtootsandtheninja.blogspot.com/

Be quite sure that God will bless you and that the depths of your sufferings will be matched by the consolation reserved for you.

St. Therese of Lisieux
Old 06-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Assistant Moderator

Well as winter is now here for us my legs dont' get done as often due to long pants but ... I went to curves the other day and was sitting on a machine only to look down on my legs, (as I always wear shorts) and was frankly quite horrified at how bad they were!

In summer I probably do them every 3 days as I do with my underarms, both shaving.

I pull a acouple of stray wirey hairs out of my moe and chin ...... don't tell the kids though, I'd never hear the end of it!