Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I gotta confess, my Mother is an Electrolysis so I have her work on my stray hairs on occasion. I do shave my legs on a daily basisi tho cause I can't stand 2 feel the stubs!!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I read recently that hair conditioner is great for shaveing your legs with if you don't have shaving cream to hand!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thats what I use, Meg, it makes my legs real soft after shaving.

I want to try some Sally Hanson spray on hair remover.....just saw that recently in the store but didnt have the money......
Old 01-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Assistant Moderator

In summer leg shaving every 2 to 3 days, I hate the stubble but refuse to do it daily LOL
I also was looking at a cream based remover and saw a spray one, I was wondering how much over spray you get hoping the cream does not get the towel you're spraying your legs on. I keep saying this but walk passed the aisle when shopping as I can't remember anything I need down that aisle, only remember when it's time to shave legs agian.
Actually did them this morning

Old 05-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Assistant Moderator

I shave ..... legs in the summer everyday. I don't know why, I am so blonde you can't see the hair! I hate to admit it but I shave my facial hair too.... again I am blonde with very fine hair. So far I am getting away with it. I would love to have Electrolysis !!
Old 05-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Assistant Moderator

Connie I had electrolysis (IPL), only cause it was free, I got my underarms done.
it took 2 to 3 times to get the hair burnt (and that's what it smells like phew!)
But if you do go, check that the place you get it done has a special machine that
does the blonde hair cause the machines mostly burn the dark hairs, easier to find
and burn, it did work for me a bit but my underarm hair was to blonde for it to get
all the hair follicles ........ of course that was a few years back the technology may
be better by now but shaving works for me and so I stick to it.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Assistant Moderator

Can't beat free! That is the only I would get it done I think. At least my baby fine blonde hair is easy to shave and keep up with.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Assistant Moderator

I shave my legs and underarms every day in the shower. I absolutely can't stand stubble! I do bleach my upper lip (I have dark brown hair so think it is really noticable when I don't bleach) And now for those chin hairs which pop up unexpectedly - Yikes! I have now started tweezing those too. I hate this getting older stuff!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I agree with many of the other posters who believe it is a personal choice.
I shave my underarms, bikini area (occasionally) and legs. For the eyebrows, semi-mustache and odd darker hairs I usually twease - this way I have a little more control over the amount of pain I endure (also a cool compress or baby / hand wipe is close by). I have tried waxing the facial hairs numerous times (even did it again on my GA trip this year) and still can not get pass the amount of pain and than redness that occurs afterwards. Even with my high tolarance of pain, the waxing just does not fit into tolerance needed.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 06-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I am menopausal and now have less hair on my legs and more on my face in the side burn area and two or three thick ones that sneak up on me under my chin. I can get by with shaving my legs every other week or using a cream depilatory once a month. I just used some Personal Care depilatory that I got from the dollar store and it doesn't dry out my legs. On my face I use a cream hair remover called Surgi-Cream gentle formula that I got at the drug store. It does irritate my face slightly but it comes with some aloe vera and cucumber cream that you put on afterwards and it does help sooth it. I still have to tweeze those few sneaky chin hairs at least once a week too. I just shave my underarms in the shower once a week and more often if going to a special occasion or going to wear very short sleeves.

Last edited by apricot; 06-05-2010 at 02:51 PM.