Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 12-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Katie~~I haven't tried that one yet, if you like it let me know!!!

You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Assistant Moderator

Spring is here! What are we doing to keep our feet in show off shape?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

You know, again as I think I posted before, soaking my feet has really been of benefit to them! I also use a thick lotion on my heels (after I get out of the shower in the morning) and put on sport socks. Just till I get dressed for the day~~it really helps!!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy face Very Dry Legs.......

My friend told me about something really simple to try, and it really works. I have super dry skin on my legs. I took a half of cup of nonfat dry milk and put it in warm water in my foot bath. After soaking my feet a while I took a loofa sponge, and washed my legs a few times with the water. I continued to do this two, or three times a weeks, and it really works. Afterwards I apply a little lotion.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

For Your Feet
Lettuce foot soak
Here is a really simple recipe that will restore youth to feet that are often neglected. Add 8 leaves of green lettuce to about 4 liters of lukewarm water. Let your feet soak in the mix for about 10 minutes.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I know it sounds too simple to be true, but the best thing I've done for my feet is to quit going barefoot- even in the house. I ~love~ being barefoot, but in the coldest part of winter and the hottest time of summer, my heels get so calloused that they crack and it HURTS. I make it a point to file my feet once a week or so and use cream for extra-dry skin every night- or, at least, every night that I remember! My feet really have been in better shape now that I put flip-flops on almost the moment I get out of bed.

When my feet get cracked and painful, the best thing that works is to clean them gently but thoroughly in warm water and soap, then let them dry well. I put some antibiotic ointment (like Neosporin) on the cracks and cover them with bandages before I go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning, the pain is almost always gone because the ointment's killing the germs. I keep the cracks dry and covered with bandages until they heal up, then start the filing process again. Occasionally when my feet get really REALLY dry, I use straight petroleum jelly on them at bedtime, then put on a pair of slipper socks- you know, the kind you get at Wal-Mart at Christmastime for about $1.50 a pair. I've put baggies on my feet before placing the socks on them, but it just isn't comfortable. So I keep one pair of slipper socks aside especially for those "dry feet" nights.

There is also a product called "Nu Skin" that has antibiotics in it that I have used when it wasn't practical to stop and put bandages on my feet. It's a liquid bandage that you brush on an injury, and it hardens to form a barrier. Plus it kills the germs as well. I got that tip from a young lady I know who's a ballet dancer- she says all the girls in her troupe keep at least one little bottle of that stuff in their dance bags!
Old 04-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yep, its that time again to start thinking about wearing those cute sandals! Although, it was an unseasonally cold day here , and actually snowed a little bit yesterday morning!! Well, that's the weather where I live!! It is supposed to warm up to around 60 tomorrow, and keep climbing.

Anyway, this past winter~~I started using baby oil w/ aloe on my skin right after my showers in the morning. I dry off, and then apply a little bit of the baby oil w/ aloe all over my arms & legs. Including my heels. Wow! After a week, my heels were noticeably softer. (I still put on sport socks after I put the oil on while I continue to get dressed.) Gotta tell you that not only have my heels benefited, but also my ankles, etc.! You don't have to put a lot on~~just a dab after you shower or bathe. And, the baby oil with aloe has a much lighter scent than regular baby oil. Also works great directly on knees and elbows! Definately not an overnight cure, but if you can keep it up for a week or so, you will see some benefits!

Happy Spring!!

Old 04-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Assistant Moderator

Debbie I learned in college that baby oil is damaging to your skin. I switched to grapeseed oil.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Connie~~REALLY?? How? Please share details you learned about, as I have been using this quite regularly this winter

Old 04-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy face

Hi, this may sound a little silly,but if you have a dry patch on your elbows or heels, rubbing Crisco on the patch can actually help smooth them.