Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Getting Organized > Organizing > Kitchen/Dining Room Organization

Old 03-05-2002, 01:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Homeschool books and school supplies.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My kitchen extras as I like to call them are the folowing:

I have a drawer with pens, pencils, pads, important numbers, batteries AKA Junk Drawer (but it is organized)

I keep medications (the ones taken daily) and vitamins in a cabinet.

That is about it.. all the rest are kitchen items.

I do keep my cookbooks (and I have about 50 if not more) in two places. Half are in a cabinet in my dining room and the rest are in the computer room on the floor in the corner. I am currently looking at bookshelves for them.

Old 03-19-2002, 01:11 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

New here.. So Hello

I have been lurking for a couple of days now and decided that this would be a neat topic to comment on.

In my kitchen, besides the normal stuff, you can find the kids medicines on top of the fridge, a junk drawer full of screws, hammers, nails, and odds and ends. You can also find my DH junk drawer. This drawer is off limits to everyone, he keeps his wallet, name badges, cell phone, and such in it. Any way it sounds like some of us have alot of non-kitchen stuff in common..
Nice to know that I am not the only one....
Old 04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am another one who keeps some medicine in the kitchen. DS's daily allergy tablet, DH's lactaid (eat with meals!) are both kept in the kitchen along with the vitamins.

Otherwise my kitchen is quite small so I have to make good use of the space. If it's not meal related I don't have it in there. One exception is a radio that gets broadcast TV and weather bands, which I listen to while cooking/cleaning up.

Now, if you were to ask what's in my DINING ROOM that doesn't belong....I don't think the space of one post would be enough!