Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Getting Organized > Organizing > Kitchen/Dining Room Organization

Old 05-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

open kitchen

I would like to an have open kitchen, separate from the house.
A cement built grill outside the house, so I could grill everything using woods.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I finally have the kitchen of my dreams. I have enough counterspace, an island and cabinets that open into the dining room for easy table setting, The only thing I need is overhead lighting and a ceiling fan. New countertops would be nice, they are green formica that is in ok shape. A new dishwasher would be nice, but this one will last another few years. We live in a cabin in the woods, so the kitchen is small but well thought out. I have 2 large pantries, another tall cabinet for all of my gadgets. Lots of drawers, too. It's half the size of the one in our last house, but much more usable space.

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

One thing huh?
Well, I would love to increase the size of the room period.
I do have a lot of counter space, walk-in pantry, lots of cabinets, big oven, fridge, break fast table area, island etc... but guess what? The builder just put all of this in a small room sacrificing any free space! Only one person can be on any given side of the island now
Oh! how I long for a kitchen where people can really walk around, stand and chat....

sunny_mom

My FC Member Awards!

Honorary Members
Old 05-12-2004, 07:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'd love a pantry . A tile floor would be great and more storage places so my counters could be clear.
Karen
Old 06-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I would like to be able to get down to just what I need and not have things I really dont use taking up space. I would put in a pantry and put tiling down on the floor, Right now it is very old linoleum on a cement slab. It used to have a very dark carpeting that was here when we moved in and we finally took it up. I would like to get some more light into my kitchen too to brighten up. You dont think I am asking too much now do ya????? LOL!!;-)
Old 11-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My kitchen is quite good. Not overly large but three of us can work in there quite comfortably. I would like to have a bench that cleaned the junk of itself each night before bed (I know Flylady. I love her but she doesn't visit that often!) When we moved here 20 months ago we replaced the oven and cooktop ~ they are nice. The dishwasher was fairly new when we came, so it is fine. The window looks onto beautiful plants and colourful native birds (and my neighbors kitchen!) Probably I wouldn't change it, except for the maid thing. . . that sounded good!
Old 11-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Actually I love my kitchen - and spend a lot of time in it... I don't have a dishwasher as I like doing it the old fashioned way! The only thing that I would love to have it some sort of pantry to store my canned goods in as it would come in very handy.

Unknown
Old 11-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I would love to have a desk in my kitchen. My friend has one w/ drawers under it and cabinets above it. She has the neatest, most organized kitchen I've ever seen. I don't have any place to keep all my junk except on the countertops. I want a home for the cell phone charges, checkbook, bills, receipts, keys, etc. My counters and my island are always covered with junk. I'd really love to have a good maid though. That would be the best!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I love my kitchen, its huge and sunny and perfect. But I would love to have a drier for my clothes. I have strings, but during the winter, clothes take ages to dry.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I would love a pantry,more cupboards and counter space.