Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Assistant Moderator

using a good dandruff shampoo often helps cradle cap. Even on babies it can be used a long as it doesn't get in the eyes. After cradle cap is gone, use dandruff shampoo once a week for maintainence and it will keep cradle cap from building up again. (my pediatrician told me this years ago and it works) (I used Head & Shoulders or Neutrogena's T-Gel)

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 08-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

If none of the suggestions above work take your "shorty" to a Dermatologist my daughter's flakes appearing when she was 5 and she is 16 now we found out it was NOT Cradle cap it is not serious or curable. He prescribed T-Gel shampoo and on skin around hairline a gel. This appears when she is stressed by begining of new school year or tests,ect which is hormonal. Check it out with a pediatric dermatologist it will set your mind at rest.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:48 PM

I was able to help a neighbors grandson last year he's about 13 and his Mom had paid huge amounts of money for all this expensive stuff the dermotologist recommended, cut his hair short all to no avail... I gave him a bar of my Pine Tar soap and it cleared up within a week. You can buy Pine Tar soap at any health food store.

Anna
Old 08-15-2009, 04:37 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Having 4 children, now 45 yrs old to 37, a friend many yrs ago suggested to use baby oil, dab a piece of cotton into the oil and rub lightly into scalp, leave it in till bath time, do this after each bath also..and thus, not one of my 4 children EVER had cradle cap...just an old mothers advice here! Let us know if it works for you!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you all for all your advice and guidence, we used baby oil on it after cutting it short, The baby oil worked and he is totally clear now, i am ver tempted at the Pine Tar soap. We (adults) use anti dandruff shampoo, so maybe like you suggest may give it a try once a week on him too

Thank you so much all xx

Take time to recharge your batteries. It's hard to see where you're going when your lights are dim.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

You Can Get Shampoo With Tea Tree Oil In It And Use It All The Time It Helps Dandruff And Anything Else If You Want Something Befiore You Go To Wally World For The Shampoo Try Vinegar