FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Kids - Eating & Digestive Problems (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/kids-eating-digestive-problems/)
-   -   3 y.o. eats everything, but what she should (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/kids-eating-digestive-problems/5964-3-y-o-eats-everything-but-what-she-should.html)

mousebyte 03-15-2003 08:29 AM

Oh and good luck with the potty training. Dr. Phil has a really good idea for that if your interested.
mouse

mom2-4 03-16-2003 01:26 PM

At this point I am open to any suggestions, about potty training, all the rest of my kids were trained by this age, dd#3 practically trained herself!!!!

She was eating sand today, though, then I would offer her a piece of gum, then she would stop eating the sand.

You do not know how much I appreciate the gum idea!!! And, yes I will definitely mention it to the DR. when she goes, I am sure I will be belittled because she is not potty trained yet. But the only reason, like I said, that she is not trained is because she always has loose bowels!!

Karen

Jeannie 03-16-2003 01:34 PM

Karen...may I make a suggestion please? Call the University of PA hospital...and get a referral.. explain your problem and get referred to a pediatric clinic or doctor... baby shouldn't have loose stools all that long time.. I don't think your doctor is taking you seriously. UofPA is a teaching hospital.....they have all the latest medical info...... That is what I would do if it were my child...or take the baby to Cornell New York Hospital for a consult.

After taking a complete history, they will have to run tests again but this is your baby ...I think you want answers and a solution... *s*

mom2-4 03-16-2003 03:08 PM

Jeannie,

I am exagerating, when I say all the time, it seems that every time I start to train her either she is sick or I am sick or she has loose stools. But, I did say something to DR, at her 2 yr check up but did not "push" the issue. But, at her 3 yr check up in 2 weeks, I am definitely going to push the issue, and if I do not get any satisfaction, then I will definitely persue your suggestions.

I think that the DRs thought I was a story teller, because I could not get her to take meds, and keep them down, and I would tell them that, she has had to take pills since she is 1 yr. I finally got them to believe me, when she was running a fever, I called them and told them I needed to bring her in right away, when she got there they asked if I gave her Tylenol, (I had not on purpose, so they could see). So the Dr, tried to give her Tylenol, she vomitted all over herself, the Dr, the floor, and myself, just over giving her the Tylenol. The dr. asked if this is what she does all the time...Yes it is!!!!!

Karen

Jeannie 03-16-2003 03:24 PM

Karen...make the appointment as I suggested.. it takes time to get the referral appointment.. You can always cancel .. but I'd do it anyway if it were my child in this distress.

VicRae 04-03-2003 08:43 AM

Hi!
Sounds like you have just about got this problem licked. But just wanted to mention that if you cook your food in a castiron skillet or pan you can add extra iron to your diet very easily. Hope you have a good check-up at the doctors office.
Good Luck.

VicRae 04-03-2003 08:56 AM

Hi!
It's me again. Just thought of something I use to do when my kids were little and had diareaha. I would make homemade Cornstarch pudding. You can make it with chocolate, lemon, vanilla or peanut butter flavorsand use as much cornstrch as you need to thicken and it should help to thicken the stools some. Also you could try rice water. rice pudding or oatmeal. I use to make these Chocolate dream cookies with oatmeal in them and it would help some. My kids still like them when they get the flu with loose stools. If you want e-mail me and I can send you the recipe. Also If you take too much iron it can cause loose stools.
Good luck hope things get better soon.