Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 12-23-2005, 11:32 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Kids digestive problems

Anyone help me , my son is ill since 2 month.he is 7 years old.he have very digestive problem .i have stressed with him, so therfore tell me medicine for digestive problem.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome to Family Corner!

In order to help in any way, we would need more info...such as symptoms that you son is having and other things that you have tried.

Also, have you discussed your son's problems in length with his pediatrician? If not, I would do so immediately.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Digestive Problems

First, I think more details such as what his doctors have said, if he has a diagnosis etc is in order.
I've had a little expereince in my own venture as a parent and I may be able to contribute depending on what is being dealt with.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Have you asked the doctor if a food in his diet may be causing an alergic reaction?

Has it gotten worse lately? Holidays are busy times and sometimes our meals are thrown off schedule or eaten in a rush. it is also a time when we can eat too much. Too much chocolate can cause tummy problems, also too many fried foods.

Try a diet with gentle foods, not too spicy, and easy to digest.

What does the doctor say? Have you talked to a nutritionist? Does anyone else in your family have the same problem?

My mother had a "nervious stomache" all of her life. Her doctor had her keep a food diary so she could see what foods made it worse. It helped but didn't completely end the problem.

My girlfriend had bowl problems and a simple operation worked.

Is your son involved in choosing his diet? Does he listen to the doctors? My mother did so much better when she started listening to her doctor. He gave her control of her problem which helped a lot.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing

Last edited by lindaljh1; 12-26-2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Welcome to FC!

I agree, what are all his symptoms? Have you told his pediatrician? If my child were going through problems for this long I would see the child's doctor about it and if he cannot help you, check into a gastrointestinal doctor. Good luck!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:21 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

i am questioning this persons reason for writing in with such a problem. if it were my son i would have gotten medical help alot sooner. she says since he was 7months old, and now he's 7yrs. come on, why in the world would she think anyone could help her with this, not knowing what the symptoms are. seems strange to me she would seek advice from strangers.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Could it be that the doctors don't have anymore answers and now she is turning to us in hopes of finding the wisdom that is handed down from mother to daughter over the generations?

My doctor says the reason we have "old wive's tales" is because the "old" women knew the information was important to remember.

Years ago my husband had stomache problems. He and the doctor tried everything. The doctor knew I believed in the old treatments and suggested I check with the older women in my husband's family.

We asked his mom and were told to use an old fashioned hot water bottle. It helped him to sleep but still didn't fix the problem.

His dad said there was something in the bible about stomache problems. We went to the bible and found Luke 5:23. After 3 nights he was fine and the problem didn't came back for over a year. When it did come back he knew what to do.

I'm sure she has seen doctors over the years, she is a parent who seems to care about her child. I hope she comes back and lets us know how her son is doing. I pray she has found an answer to his problem.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing

Last edited by lindaljh1; 01-09-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:53 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

i did'nt mean to offend anyone here, but in your case you did'nt ask strangers but someone in your family helped, after the doctors. i am just unsure who is reading about this womans problem. you have to be very careful what you put in a colume about anything as personal as your child. you have to know that people who are not as honest and caring and who would take advantage of such people are on line to. i found out about that the hard way.you just have to be very careful these days.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Of course you are right. A desperate mother might try anything to help her child and there are people out there who could take advantage of her. I hope she will trust her doctor enough to check before she tries anything that may be harmful or a scam.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
~An Irish Blessing
Old 01-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Jana, first if Jora is like me when my kids were growing up, after asking the doctor and friends, I would ask anyone who would listen or might know the answer if I didn't know what to do.

FC has a wealth of information from ladies who either have children or have grandchildrena and great-grandchildren. They have all been a source of comfort and help to me. When I first became a member here, I became ill. I was surprised at the support and get-well cards that I received. Some members are related to others, some are friends who became members after their friends suggested they come here, and some have grown to become friends.

I hope you find out what to do Jora. Good luck!