Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

SIL won't allow me to see my GKs

I got a voice message on my phone from my SIL. He called me 3 nasty names that cannot be posted here. They start with S, W, and B. Anyway, Child Protective Services came yesterday and they have given my DD a week do to a drug test. My SIL accused me of being the one who called. He told me that I am never to see the kids again. My heart is broken. As soon as I can afford it, I am going to seek an attorney so that I can get the parents drug tested via hair follicle test since CPS is giving my DD a week or two to take a urinalysis. Anyone would pass that test when given advance notice. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have nothing to offer but hugs. I am sorry for what you are going through, and will keep you in my thoughts. I wouldn't know where to begin, I wish you strength.

Don't get your knickers in a knot It makes you walk funny!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am with cooked, I can only offer support. However, I have had a problem in the past with a SIL, and I held my ground, and eventually he & my DD divorced. He was abusive, druggie, and many other things such as a liar, cheat & thief. Problem was he was extremely good looking, and women fell for him. Hang in there for your grandkids sake, it will all come out in the wash, and the officials will see who is right in this case. We have nothing to fear when we are honest, and I know that is what you are. Hugs to you.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Assistant Moderator

oh DeBora, sending hugs and prayers. I had wondered how things were going, now I can see not good. your heart has to be hurting as well being so concern..
I do wish you the best in this situation, know that GOD is watching over them.. yet it not easy.. you know some of the things I've been in the passed.
have you talked with CPS and tell them what's going on? If not do so.. don't hold your breathe for long with them.
so many times you feel like you running into a break wall.
Not sure what your income is but also talk with legal aid, maybe they can help with funds to try to get those gbabies.

again sending prayers
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2009, 08:27 AM

Hang in there DeBora. Once you get a hair follicle test you will have proof of the drugs.
Also if you can get CPS to just drop in unexpectly, they will see what a mess the house is. You have everything documented as to you being the one that had to take kids to doctors and dentists, etc. An attorney can help you get the kids. Prayers for you and the children.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Nine Year Member

I with the others, the truth will out. Get that attorney too. The grandkids won't ever forget your kindnesses and care to them.

What does bil have to gain from excluding you? Is he being bad also? Does he lose money if your dd doesn't pass the test?

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 05-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

CPS will not do hair follicle tests unless the child is under the age of 1 or if a child dies. Ridiculous, isn't it? At this point, the only thing I can do is make my appointment with the attorney at 4pm this afternoon and see what I can do for my GKs. This is making me so sick that I cannot sleep or anything. It is difficult to function, but I am hoping that I can get in to see a therapist that I've seen before that isn't one of my colleagues and keep my appointment with the attorney. I am also waiting for my very choleric, knows everyone, head of the clinic where I serve my practicum to see if there is anything that I can do. She may have connections and force CPS to do a hair follicle.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenmelon
I with the others, the truth will out. Get that attorney too. The grandkids won't ever forget your kindnesses and care to them.

What does bil have to gain from excluding you? Is he being bad also? Does he lose money if your dd doesn't pass the test?
My DD's best friend told me that he smokes a lot of pot. He admits to me that he sometimes takes my DD's medications. However, she hasn't see the doctor in months, so she has no prescription. I am sure he is angry because they are caught. Also, he and his mother have no clue that my DD had her best friend call CPS on her MIL out of spite a few years ago. I wonder if she'd be so willing to let them stay with her rent-free if she knew. Anyway, this is all making me so sick. Drugs do bad things to people.

I have pictures of my DGS's damages, and I have a report and the medications he is supposed to be on. But, I don't want to post them here. CPS has NEVER come to see them though.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Debora, I hope the attorney you're seeing today can help you out, I know how much this is breaking your heart, Im so sorry, Prayers, and Hugs to you, let us know how you make out, it kills me that they give your dd warning that they are going to do a drug test, instead of just surprising her with one. HUGS
Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Assistant Moderator

how did the meeting go yeserday?
I do understand how concern you are and about the sleepless it can create.. My heart goes out to you dear.

I'm thankful my dd is doing so well and the girls are with her now. May one day you can be thankful too.