Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:38 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning ladies....
Theresa..think of you and your eye problem daily and keep you in prayer..I think it was Mother Theresa that said..God only gives us what he feels we can handle, I just wish he didn't feel I could handle so much..or words ot that effect..
I read of your and John's eye problems and truly feel that I have been blessed with only cataracts..I passed the glaucoma tests and have mac. degeration in my family..like John I am on a blood thinner (Plavix) so that is a problem when it comes to any kind of bleeding..
Patti..prayers for Stacie and her family..my arthritis is only minor compared to what she is going through..and I hate it...hope it stops the cycle and the girls don't get it too..
.........Margaret, You got me tired just reading about your routine..Caroline..when you are widowed..you get to do everything that has to be done..I call that the "pangs of widowhood"..I love working outside..got it from my Dad..I spent way over my hr. out there yesterday..it was in the 80s and not humid with a slight breeze..perfect outside weather...you guys are having great weather in NJ..my DD said it was in the 70s up there also..and in PA where she had gon to Wegmans (SP) for groceries..
I was doing a little musing this morning as I was putting up my Christmas cards..I always make a list from them to use as a send to starter list for the next yr..three that I was "so sure" I would hear from didn't send me a card...I know they are fine and did send out cards..so makes me wonder why they didn't send one to me..nothing like hurt feelings to start off the day...but I will get over it and survive...
Theresa..you are indeed an inspiration to us all...you show us that you can do anything if we set our minds to it..good for you...
May God smile on all of you today!!!Name:  mickey jrz.gif
Views: 60
Size:  27.9 KB
Old 01-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I just wanted to pop in and say good morning.
Have a great day.
Stormy
Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Nine Year Member

shocking Helloooo

Hi ALL - It's raining very hard here, better then snow. If this rain was snow we'd be snowed in! Theresa all my good wishes that this week finds you feeling much better! You're in my prayers. Hows the weather by you, is it still snowing?.....Pattie, hope all goes well for you at the doctors today. I do fell sory for Stacie, I wish her the best. My problems seem so little when I hear what others are going through. Blessings to all with health problems.......Margaret, I love Summer when I can be otdoors working in the garden. I just love flowers but hate the weeding. DH buys Preem or Weed and Feed. This stuff stops the weeds from coming up all summer. I had no weeds all Summer, I sware by these products. Have you ever tried them? I'm trying to save you time spent on weeding. lol........Bar-Bar blessings for you DH. Hope every thing gets better for him. Wonderful you have a good marriage. You found your soul mate and I've got a really good guy, found my soulmate when I was a teenager. We only knew each other a very short time and got married. Everybody said we were to young and didn't know each other that long, it wouldn't last. Well here it is 40 years later and still going strong! Life is funny when you think about it.........Lynn, I know what you mean by about ds making some bad choices, I think we all do at one time or another. Take my word on this one day ds will see the light. My x-SIL has never seen his daughter. He did have have some sort of emotiolal tie on dd. But to make a long story short things do (Sooner or Later) work out. It's that waiting that makes it hard on us Mom's.........I've gone on long enough......Hugs to all.......Caroline
Old 01-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Good Afternoon Ladies

Well another day has come and gone...I am just taking it day by day...having a hard time seeing print today...think my eyes are telling me something...

Lynne,thank you for your beautiful and kind words...I don't feel like an inspiration...but I do thank you...sending big hugs to you and hope your migraine goes away...smiles and hugs

Margaret...no truer words have ever been said-"God only gives up what we can handle"...I guess God thinks I can do it...and I am going to do it...no more tears for me...Just smiles and laughter from now on...God Bless you Margaret...

Patti please let me know how your doctor's appointment goes my friend...will be thinking about you...Smiles & Hugs to you...Angel is on its way to you for Gina,sorry but only got it sent out today Airmail...

Caroline...you make me laugh...thank you...wow 40 years...I can only hope that hubby and I will make it to 40 years...now whoever said that you were to young to be married didn't know you...you found your soulmate...your best friend...when you were young,and I think that is so wonderful...hugs to you...

I just want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind words...tomorrow will be a better day...I know it will with all my new family right here...thank you

Take care

Smiles & Hugs
Old 01-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good afternoon all, well GYN DR says all looks good. But he has ordered a Mamagram and Bone Density test for me which will be 2/28 been wanting a B D test for goodwhile now so will get it and will have report sent to him, as wel as primary care DR and Ortho DR. Will see Ortho' DR again the 23rd of this month.
Thanks all for care and interest in my Stacie. Will have to let her know that others care. She has a hard row but keeps plugging and doing as much as she can for others me included. She takes care of the youngest grand every weekday till she is 2. Krystina has been having seizures so they took her to Hosp of the Kings Daughters in Norfolk this morning to be evaluated. Sure hope this is just a temp prob. My oldest g-dau had them when she was 9 months old and spent 3 days in hosp where her Mom and I stayed with her. She was on med for couple years then no more. Pinky herself had one seizure when she was 15 months scared the beans out of me. But no more afterthat and never on any med. Well going out with Gina and Steven so more later,
Old 01-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Patti glad all went well and the doctor's for you...hope you have a wonderful time out with Gina & Steven...Hugs

Not much going on around here right now...hubby and Dutchess are sleeping...yep Dutchess sleeps on my side of the bed,well at least until I go to bed,then she sleeps in her own bed...

Hubby off to the dentist tomorrow...better him than me...lol

Cold here tonight...-24...which is fine it means no snow right now...

Have a wonderful evening...

Take Care
Smiles & Hugs
Old 01-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I just wanted to share this with everyone...

Attached Images

Old 01-09-2007, 05:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thanks Theresa, had a good time while out with just Gina since Kent was home Steven stayed there till he got homework done then he came over here with Judy.Today I am going some where with her have no idea where or what time lol. She just IMed me last nite and asked what my day today was going to be like told her nothing special but Wed and maybe Sat would be taken. She said good you are going with me but where/when don't know lol. That is my Gina. Hope all slept well last nite I slept better than most nites.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Nine Year Member

shocking Hi Friends

Good Morning All---Theresa I liked the friendship poem. Thanks for posting it. Hugs to all my friends. Pattie, glad all went well at the doctors. I want to ask you just what is a B/D test for? Never heard of this test...... It is 48degs today...I think we are going to start to see the colder weather. My daughter baked more cookied on Sunday. I've got to STOP eating all these cookies!! I have no will power when it comes to sweets. I put on weight since around October. Nothings fits right. So I made up my mind today I must start cutting back. The trouble with me is I just love food and must watch myself or I go hog wild!!!......Take care.... Hugs, CAROLINE
Old 01-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Not sure what all a Bone Density test is for but think for one thing to check strength etc of bones. Got to go Gina just IMed me lol