Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Just for Grandparents

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Hi Ladies,

I wish they could remove the cyst...it is attached to the inside bottom of my eyelid...I have glaucoma and with the added pressure on the optic nerve it has caused more damage and bleeding in the eye...but tomorrow is another day...positive thinking,it has gotten me this far...

Thanks everyone...just been a couple of rough days for me...but tomorrow will be better...

Margaret thank you for the big hug...could you send some of that nice hot weather this way...please...lol

How is everyone doing...Patti glad that you had a nice time with Stacie...will be thinking of her when she has her surgery...mine is for both wrists...carpal tunnel,this way they can do both at the same time...

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening...
Take care

Smiles & Hugs
Old 01-07-2007, 04:32 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Name:  raggedies.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  62.0 KB

Hope all are feeling chipper this Sunday morning..beautiful sunshine and going up in the 80s here today..
Theresa..wish I could box it up and get it off to you..
Not much going on here..I decided that I would start a routine this week..one hr on here, one on housework, one on yardwork, one on reading outside on the patio..lunch in front of the Tv watching Passions at 2 pm..(that I do anyway)..and the rest of the day for shopping, relaxing or whatever I feel like it...will see how I can stick to it...lol...this should keep me up to date on the house cleaning and weed pulling.....
now I am off to make a bagel and egg sandwich ...and start the chores....
Old 01-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Happy face Hellooooo

Happy Sunday to All~~Gee, I had to go back a thread to catch up on everything. Theresa, I'm sending you lots of hugs and prayers. I'm so sorry for you problems. May God smile on you. I hope you're staying warm and hope Dutchess is warm to!.......Lynn, I know it must be hard on your son and you to. We always feel for our kids and grandkids. A very nice young couple we knew who had everything and married for 6 years, broke up and the reason was because the wife said she needed to find herself. My DH said was she lost? I really don't understand what she ment by this statement but I've heard this said many times with other couples. Good luck to your son........Pattie, so glad you had such a nice day with Stacie. Best wishes to her on her operation.........Margaret, You got me tired just reading about your routine. LOL Good luck sticking to it! The weather here in Jersey has been unbelievable! Yesterday it was 70degs. Oh what a lovely day, wish it would stay like this all year. Today it's in the 60's...........Hi Stormy, How are you and your family? Hows the weather where you live? Everybody have a nice day.......Hugs to all.....Caroline
Old 01-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Hello Ladies...

I am doing okay...just needed to give it time to sink in and it has...better days ahead,I am sure...

It is snowing here again...I guess 4 feet of snow in the yard just wasn't enough for us,lol...that is okay I am staying in the house until Spring...that might be in June,lol...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day...

Take Care
Smiles & Hugs
Old 01-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hello Ladies, been a lazy day for me. Tried to post earlier and the gremlin made off with it.

Thanks Caroline, Stacie has been thro' he---- just wish she did not have yet another surgery to go thru'. Had both hips replaced 2 imes, both knees and ankes scoped plus other type operations (that a lot of us go thru") she and both her bio children have a rare arthritis called Fairbanks till her never heard of it nor fortunately don't know anyone else since her. She has 2 precious g-daus that I pray do not inherit Mom and Nana's probs.

Theresa so glad to see you on here worrying about you. Love and prayers to all
Old 01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Thanks Patti...I am keeping your friend Stacie in my prayers...Smiles and Hugs to you Patti...

I think I figured it out now...we are only given what we can handle...okay I don't want anything else...lol...I am staying positive and moving forward whatever the future holds for me,I will be ready for it...

I hope everyone is having a nice evening...

Take care

Smiles & Hugs to all...
Old 01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

BBB, bless your heart. I know the problems with my dh eyes, and I feel for you with yours.

when you have the bleeding are you seeing double vision and things with extra legs such as animals and objects with legs?
Water towels with 2 heads instead of 1.
if so bless your heart and how do you see to post?
My dh eyes has got messed up and he is seeng his crazy ways again, which is what I asked if you are seeing. We feel it is bleeding again on the inside. I will have to call to make an appointment for the eye dr for him. We need one soon, since he is on cummin he can't afford to do bleeding.

My dh has Macular Degeneration
he went for 2 yrs getting shots each month and it helped. now it back to this again.
I feel for him, for he feels so helpless. Which is not his character at all.
We have several appointments to go to this week for follow up visit with his drs.

The oldest gd spend the wkend with me and then on Sat night the gson wanted to.
He went home ealier today and then later the gd did. She enjoyed being here and I enjoyed having them here.

I would be lost if I didn't see these 3. My dh grandkids we don't see as much as we like due to them living away from us.
Plus 2 of his gkids are up in age now. hard to believe.
My kids and his gkids sort of grew up together as his gd is 3 yrs younger than my son and his gs is 5 yrs younger than hei is.
My son's gf ( soon to be wife) is the same age as John's gd. LOL

This is what you get when you marry a man 15 yrs older than you are. But wouldn't trade it for nothing. We have had a beautiful marrage and the kids all say they would love to have that kind of marriage.

Well better get myself to bed, see u all later
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Barb...you amaze me with your strength...You and John are truly blessed...

To answer your questions,the bleeding causes pressure against the optic nerve which results in severe headaches,seeing double,and nerve damage... I get the light flashing in my eyes which leaves me blind from 30 minutes to several hours,I can't function when it happens...some days I don't have the flashing light in my eyes and other days I can get it up to 5 or 6 times a day...

I am sorry that John is going through what he is now with his eyes...I would have it checked...I think of you and John everyday and wish you both all the best in this world...

You asked how I see to post...I have a magnifier on my computer screen...and everything is enlarged with the programs I have...and sitting about 5 inches from the screen helps me too...

Enjoy each day as it comes...do not worry about tomorrow or next week or next month...for today is here and now...

take care

Smiles & Hugs to everyone...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Theresa, you are such an inspiration to us all - you keep on top of things so well. You mentioned we don't know what the future holds - reminds me of a saying I have heard "We dont know what the future holds but we do know who holds the future." Take it as love from me to you.

Bar-Bar, you have so much to go through too. Isn't it just as well we don't know the future??

PAtti, I feel so sorry for your daughter and gd. Hope the littlies don't get that arthritic condition. I have never heard of it either.

Caroline, you are right. It is so hard not to be able to do anything. DS hads made spome dumb choices but I still hurt for him. He is so lonely too. I pray every day that he will get his life on track, sometimes he seems like he will, and then SHE gets in his ear again and he goes back to square 1. She has an emotional hold over him that he either can't or won't deal with and get away from.

Sorry. didn;t mean to get carried away here.

Friends I have a migraine coming on so want to check a couple more threads and then to bed,
Hugs all,

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 01-08-2007, 05:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning all, getting ready to go to DR today for routine GYN check. Thanks Lynne I sure pray the little ones don't inherit it too as well as any children Michael will have down the road. I was noticing the way Kristy is walking now lots more sign of the arthritis now but she does well wih the babies, Kristina Marie 2 1/2 and Krystal Dawn be a yr soon Smart little ones to be so young.
Got to get in gear here to go to DR this morn. More later friends, love and prayers to all of yoi