Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Hi Patti,hope you start feeling better soon.Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your grandson.
I finished the ornaments that I was doing for my grandchildren including one for Nicole,I know that is strange but she is my granddaughter,Hubby sure thought it was strange.
Cooking a roast today,and making pumpkin pies,I think hubby likes them.

Have a wonderful day Grandma's.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thank you yes weekend was pretty good. Steven's older bro Adam (who lives in here with me) and his g/f Amy went to church. First time Amy has been there so that too was nice. Been awhile since Adam has been there and some had not seen him since he was a bit younger.
I don't think that is odd to do for Nicole and your loving memories of her.
I bought (no good at making) small frames to put on tree with Mom, Pop, Bob and Otto's pix need another one for Butch too.
I too hope I feel better just put mac and cheese in crockpot and fixing to put together chili in another crockpot. Love my chili lol
Old 11-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Glad you had a nice weekend Patti,I love chili too.I made mine on Saturday,it was really good,nice on a cold day.Today it is roast,potato's with gravy and creamed corn,oh and hubby wants pumpkin pie's too,right from the pumpkin,so I better get me butt moving and get them done.Take care and hope you feel better really soon.
smiles & hugs to you Patti
Old 11-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Nine Year Member

shocking

Hi all-Pattie I just love chili ! Can you send me over a dish of chili & a side of mac and cheese! lol I'm happy you had such a great time with your grandson. Hope you are feeling better real soon. A nice nap might help.==Theresa, I can smell your roast--and it smells real good. lol I'm having chicken & rice tonight. Baked some chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. The grandkids love em. Theresa, I don't think it is strange having an Christmas ornament for your dear Nicole. This is a wonderful way to remember her and like you said she is your grandchild and she always will be remembered in your heart. What's everybody doing for Thanksgiving? I'm staying home this year it'll just me dd 3 grandkids and of cause dh. A women that my dd works for has no real family only a niece, so dd asked her if she would like to come to our house. If she feels well enough she will come. My ds- dil and my other 3 grandsons go to her brothers each year for Thanksgiving as they don't get to see each other very often. Then we all spend Christmas together. Happiness......
Old 11-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Tried to send a post a bit ago and it vanished grrrr! Okay a bowl of chili being sent your way with our without crackers? I eat it with rice too. Have some leftover meat loaf so that will be added to round out meal maybe green beans lol.

How do you make your pies Bean love pumpkin and sweet potato. Made some pumpkin cookies the other day and have some stashed for holidays.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Got the pies done,and the roast was so tender and tasteful.Did the laundry,cleaned the bathroom,just love that job,not.Now taking it easy and hopefully going to bed soon.
hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Nine Year Member

shocking Hello

Hi All-What a day--Lots of rushing around--2 grandkids sick, took them to the doctors and they got their meds so they'll be fine in a couple of days. Hate it when they don't feel good. Went to get my toe nails cut, they are like iron and I can't cut them myself. Also went to Fashion Bug to buy a couple of tops I needed. They were on sale so I felt lucky about that. Then off to vote. I hope eveyone slept well and all aches are gone today. Right now I could use some of thoes homemade pumpkin cookies or a nice piece of homemade pie to go with my cup of coffee.!!! lol --Take care & Happiness to all...
Old 11-07-2006, 02:08 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin anything sounds good right about now.

I need to make up my Holiday baking menu.

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hi all tried to post few mins ago and it vanished. That is happening to me a LOT lately.

Been off with Gina and Steven today, went to vote and then Kohls, then Sams then Costco bought IMP something at Kohls and small gift for Judy (C-Mas), picked up about $35 worth in each Costco and Sams not C-mas but food types.

Maryann when you decide on your menu you will have to let us know what it is. Might give us some new ideas on what to have ourselves.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:50 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

No problem, Patti.

I am hosting a cookie exchange this year, and we are having the grandchildren take the extras to a nursing home.

But, I'll post a kist of all my "goody" ideas.

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.