Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 1.57 average.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:23 AM
Nine Year Member

I am a step-gma to A and in late Oct my first born grd will be born. 2 granddaughters at Christmas this year 12 mo & 2 mo the kids are planning on spending the night at our house so Santa can wake the gks as he does for our kids.

Roberta
Old 09-03-2015, 04:25 AM
Nine Year Member

Sounds magical to me, Roberta! Enjoy. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-03-2015, 06:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes Lauri I am
VERY proud of him. Gina posted pix of the
Pancake supper on Facebook. Those who are my friends
should be able to see them
Old 09-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Roberta that will be wonderful! at 12 months she will love the boxes ane wrapping more than anyting. My gd is 18 and starting college for nursing but at 18 sh could easily change her mind. She is blessed with a good intelligence , floated through hs with little effort to stay on the honor roll. We will see how it goes now that she has to work at it

Old 09-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Nine Year Member

Coll you just brought back the memories of the smiling little faces over pretty paper and playing with it.
Nursing is a wonderful field. I hope your gd loves it.
I am so glad to see everyone posting on this thread again!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 10-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

Its been awhile since I've given a update on the girls, and grandson
Oldest one is now 16, been working, and has a boyfriend. They do not like to draw attention to themselves and instead of going out they rather stay home and be with one another.
she is doing really good in school, and several colleges as invited her to come to visit thier school.
she looking at class rings, as next year she be a Senior.
Taken dr. Ed, but still not got Driver Linsence yet.
Has driven my jeep a few times, and she still has things to learn but does a pretty good job.

youngest one is 15, works on the weekend an just got a new boyfriend.
started a new school this year, and it so neat.
I know you heard of Dallas before, and many of you may or not know the outside of Dallas was filmed in Dallas at South Fork. well South Fork is only a few miles down from her school.
I told her I would be telling my friends this, and she stare at me, like, WHY? of course she doesn't remember the show Dallas. LOL.. goign to have to take her to it, and show that place to her.

Right now grandson, which lives close to me, last year, and this year I've been driving him to and back from school but right now dad is home waiting for dr to release him to go back to work, so since he has permission to drive now, he taking him to and from school.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:34 AM
Nine Year Member

Well the doctor was wrong! We have a grandson with a closet full of girl clothes, LOL. But at 5 days old no one cares what he is wearing.

Roberta
Old 10-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Nine Year Member

Thanks for posting Barb! Sounds like things are going welll with your grands.
Roberta congrats on the grandson. I can only imagine how many pink outifts your daughter has. Like you said who cares what he is wearing. Glad to see your post.
It is nice to see this thread up and going!

Beverly Sills
Old 10-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Nine Year Member

following Barbs lead... updates on my grandkids, although not so much happening around here..

Autumn, my oldest-at 19 she's in her second year at community college.. only two classes this semester due to poor grades last semester.. I'm told she's doing better which may have something to do with her best friend back in her life this summer. Autumn stays with her friend (at her friends grandmothers house), her friend takes her back and forth to school-they're lucky to have classes at the same time pretty much. Autumn also put an application in at a local animal shelter but hasn't heard anything back yet. She changed her major from nursing to graphic design also..

Gabby, our preemie miracle is now 13 and doing well in school.. loves science, hates English and social studies. I told her to ask her social studies teacher if she can do something for extra credit to help her grade but I doubt she will.. she hates to do more than she has to, unless it's her decision. She wanted me to teach her to knit this summer and I showed her some stitches, her Mom showed her some crochet too and I think she decided to crochet instead. Right now she's learning to sew on the sewing machine. She's made some pillows, using some patchwork pieces my Mom had made for quilting and now she's learning how to make herself a blouse from a pattern she and her Mom made.

I don't know as much about my other grandkids.. Chevy in third grade and doing well in her grades, still taking dancing classes and improving there too.. Her sister Halle is three and still at home with Mom. She's a pistol too.. One day she loves to have me hold her or hold her hand while walking, the next she acts like she doesn't know me.. but then we don't see her very much at all..

My boys- Triston at 15 is in high school.. his step sister has been taking him to school with her. He struggles with school at times but tries his best.
Braxton will be 12 next month and is in his first year of middle school.. he's trying to keep his grades up so that he'll be able to play school soccer when he's able to.. he now plays county soccer and is a great player.. His Mom got a picture of him making a goal as he flew through the air.. pretty awesome picture.
Chandler is in second grade and does well in his grades. He's more into karate than soccer and does real well with that..

love hearing what all the grandkids are up to...

Roberta-congratulations on your grandson.. I know when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter I told everyone I was going to have a boy.. Had a lot of blue things and ended up with a girl.. LOL and she really doesn't like the color blue..
Old 10-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Assistant Moderator

Pam, hard to believe Tabby 13.

My Sons little girl I haven't seen her since twice since John's death. I think of her and miss watching her growing.

Chynna had had more colleges invitations asking her to take a look at her schools.

Does anyone know this question:
colleges invite you when they are looking at you or is this shop something they do now?

She is taking more college courses at school this year. Still enjoying her med classes. She is looking at being a dermatologist now. I know she was good about helping taking care of her papa. Guess this was a sign. Lol.
Her little boyfriend has sign up for the reserves but forgot what branch.
He wants to become a policeman.

Last year she was in beauty pagnent s and came as one of the runner ups. She was going to do them again this year, but with work, studies she decided against it.