Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 1.57 average.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Nine Year Member

that's what they told her to do, don't know if she'll have to drink anything else before the actual procedure though.. and I originally thought about her making herself sick on purpose and I guess that's possible and I'm sure she's done it in the past but I can't prove it..
She needs a session with Dr. Phil-as well as the rest of us too.. and then she needs to go to one of his ranch's to straighten herself out.. that'll happen though.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Keep us posted on what
else she has to do before the procedure. I know I can
not drink that yucky stuff. Miralax is pills right? and
if so I am sure they are lots smaller than the horse
pills I had to take ugh
Old 04-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Nine Year Member

I think you can get it in pill form, but Autumn is taking the liquid-every night before she goes to bed..
Old 04-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thanks is she having to drink a good bit
or just take a spoonful or something like that?
Old 04-17-2014, 03:42 PM
Nine Year Member

asked dd what gd was supposed to be doing and she told me that right now she's supposed to be taking about 2 oz of Miralax twice a day-but so far she's only done once a day, she's supposed to work up to twice. On Monday, the day before the procedure she's supposed to take another bottle of Miralax and add it to two bottles of gateraid which she's supposed to drink in 2-3 hours Monday afternoon.. can't eat anything all day Monday and can only drink the gateraid or a clear liquid. Tuesday before the procedure she can't have anything after 6 am. I guess at the office she's going to have to drink the magnesium citrate and a bottle of gateraid. If she throws up, which I'm sure she will, she has to wait 30 minutes and start drinking again.. but she has to drink everything they have instructed her to drink before the procedure.. Good thing she doesn't have school next week-she'll be in the bathroom for two days.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I feel for your G/D I can't stand Gatorade alone
don't think having the laxative in it would make me like it
any better. Plus I can not drink a lot of anything let alone
all that. Hope she is able to do it all and also good thing no
school. Praying all comes out okay for the test
Old 04-19-2014, 05:57 AM
Nine Year Member

Keep us posted Pam.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 04-19-2014, 08:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Pam you are so full from drinking you don't get hungry. I also found knowing I had to get rid of everything made me not eat much the few days before hand but being a teen she might not realize it.

well prom dress, earings & shoes are bought now we just have to get it shortened. With what it cost at a consignment shop I would have probavly had a heart attack at regular store

Old 04-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Nine Year Member

just wanted to let you know that Autumn's colonoscopy went well.. nothing in the colon but they did the standard biopsy and we'll hear about that in a couple of weeks.. she's back to her normal teenage hateful self.

Autumn's prom is coming up May 2 or 3. She got her dress at the school.. they had a prom closet of donated dresses, shoes and stuff.. she found a nice strapless, short dress-haven't seen it on her yet but supposedly it's almost knee length-although it looks like a mini dress. Told my dd that she needs to take Autumn to Dillards and have her fitted for her bra to make sure she's got the right strapless bra that will stay up with her and the dress. They found shoes and I told Autumn she needed to practice walking in them and just having them on after school every day.. but I'm sure she hasn't done that.. she needs a purse to carry her phone in (at least). She's supposed to be going with one of her friends who unfriended her while she was in Ohio a few weeks ago. Don't know who's picking up who or whatever.. Autumn got her ticket last week.. $30 and the ticket appears to be a glass mug with the event etched on it.. haven't figured out yet if they have to take the mug with them or not.. I may be at my Relay of Life walk when she goes so I have to remind dd to take pictures (with her own camera since I'll have mine at the walk)..
take care all,
Pam
Old 05-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Nine Year Member

Forgot to let you know that Autumn's biopsy came back just fine.. But she does have a bruise that is unexplained, it doesn't hurt but she's had it since about the time she got the colonoscopy-about fist size. Told her Mom to take her back to the dr about it, get it checked out..

Well, Autumn got to her prom tonight. Wasn't sure she was going to make it since her friend seemed to be kind of late picking her up but she finally called and picked her up and off they went. They stopped at McDonald's for their pre-prom dinner and then went on to prom. Autumn got asked to dance and she accepted even though she didn't know the guy.. she was scared but followed through to have a good time. It was over at 10:30 pm and they got home about 11:15, I imagine her friend had to have her Mom's car back to her before midnight.. I'm just glad things worked out and that they had a good time. Hope they were able to get pictures made but don't know if they did or not.
You all have a good night..
Pam