Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Just for Grandparents

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Theresa I just read your post and don't be sorry for going on. Your granddaughter is an angel in Gods hands. Many prayers and blessings.....
Old 11-03-2006, 12:04 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Theresa, don't be sorry for loving and missing your dear Nicole. Those emotions you had/have are very human. And it's healing to talk about her.
We care about you and will share in your grief and in your happy memories of her as much as we can. This terrible loss is fresh in your heart. Talk all you want or need to. We will listen.

Happy6, glad you've had 40 good years with your DH.

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I am sorry for rambling on.Christmas is coming up,and all the memories came rushing back at me.I am so thankful for finding this site and getting to meet all you wonderful ladies here.I am truly blessed.Thank You.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:42 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBeanieBaby
I am sorry for rambling on.Christmas is coming up,and all the memories came rushing back at me.I am so thankful for finding this site and getting to meet all you wonderful ladies here.I am truly blessed.Thank You.
No, Theresa, thank you. I have seen the great compassion and understanding for others in your posts.

My feelings are that the Blessings go both ways. I too am very lucky and blessed to have found this site and all these special people, you included, Theresa.

Oh, by the way, you don't ramble.
As I said before, talk all you need to, we're here to listen.

Maryann

Old 11-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Thankyou Maryann and everyone here.It is like my heart has started to heal being able to talk about Nicole.She was such a beautiful little girl,the warmest smile,the biggest hugs.I know she is smiling down on me and laughing everytime I bake anything,she loved to bake with me,and we would have flour everywhere,my kitchen looked like it was hit with a snowstorm.We would sit on the floor laughing until the tears started streaming down our cheeks and then we would laugh some more at how funny we looked covered in flour.I like to think she was happy here,that this was a place where she could be herself,no doctor's,no hospitals,no pain.Just being a little girl for even just a little while.Thank you for listening to me.

Patty I hope you are doing better.We care and love you.We are here.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:57 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Theresa, you're welcome. That's why we're here.

Besides, us Grandma's gotta stick together.

It's very cold here today. It must be worse in Ontario. I get cold just thinking about it. Brrrrrr

Maryann

Old 11-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

shocking

Hi all Grandma's--Hope you are all in the very best today. Theresa I'm happy you have such wonderful memories of your dear Nicole. It's good you have them to remember and talk about. God Bless you and your family.....It's in the 50's here but feels much cooler with the wind. I have a roast in the oven so the house feels nice and comfy! Can you smell the roast? It smells yummmy!! lol--Tomorrow after church I have to do food shopping and I really don't enjoy food shopping any more. I guess because the store is always so crowded. Don't know where the people come from, any hour/day I go it's sooo crowded. How about you grandma's do you like food shopping? The leaves are falling and they look so pretty but it means we will soon be raking leaves!! Happiness To All......
Old 11-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Happy6,oh the roast smells so good,are we having mashed potato's and gravy too???

I don't like to do the grocery shopping,hubby does it most of the time.Unless we are out of town,and then we both do it.

Maryann,yes it is cold here,lots of snow,I am willing to share it with anyone who wants it,any takers,lol.Okay I am rambling again,not sleeping well at all lately,my arms ache all the time and I am thinking of Nicole so much.

I was doing Christmas ornaments today,putting all my grandkids names on them.Hope they turn out okay.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

shocking Happy Monday Morning

Good Morning all Grandma's! Theresa I hope you got a good nights sleep and your arms feel better. I never did food shopping yesterday. DH,dd,& grandkids went shopping for new winter cloths for the 3 grandkids. That took up the whole day. The weather here is crazy, one day cool and windy the next day warmer. Today it's going to be in the 60's. I think this is why everybody is getting colds. Hope everybody had a nice weekend. What did you all do? Happiness To All......
Old 11-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning Grandmas, I did not sleep well last nite but nothing new about that. I am getting sick sore throat coughing up "stuff" all the fun things.

Had g-son Steven over here all weekend and crack of "my dawn" this morning waiting to go down to bus stop. Granny may just go back to bed later for a nap.

Got some things I want to do including making mac and cheese homemade that is as Adam loves it also even tho' I just had it recently I want chili again lol. So if I make several things everyone will have something they like to eat. Made some pumpkin cookies the other day actually managed to "stash" some for later. Take care all