Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 1.57 average.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:55 AM

Hi everyone!

Marj, I hope your BP can be brought down.

Caroline, it's been nice here also. Windows are all open. Love that. Like getting fresh air in the house.

Not done cleaning out the basement yet, but taking a break from it. Buck is gone fishing again this weekend.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

So was on the phone with my oldest daughter whom will soon deliver her first baby, our first grandbaby...
She has been experiencing contractions since 3 am this morning, sounded very tired and feels lots of pressure down below...
OMG,,I do so hate the Waiting Game,,so what did all you grandparents do while you were waiting for your first grandbaby to make an appearance?
Oh frusterates me also that I am a province away from her, she is in Alberta and we are in BC..
Any advice would be great,,I do know I wont be far from my phone today,,,
Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

LOL I alternated between reading and walking the waiting room floor my SIL read/slept. I had to wake him up when they brought the baby (Robert Lee) out from delivery room soon as I saw him I KNEW he was ours. Then they brought Pinky few mins after that. All that was 34 yrs ago on the 14th of this month. Now have 6 total 2 by Pinky, 2 by Gina and 2 by David. Youngest will be 5
Old 08-21-2008, 09:34 AM

I was in the room when he was born.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 AM

Received a call from Theresa. While working on the house yesterday morning, Glen fell and broke his ankle. He is in the hospital and will be in surgery tomorrow. They will be putting in pins and a plate. He may be home Fri. or Sat. but she is not sure. She will keep us informed. She just got back home a short time ago. It was a long, bad day for her.
She called her daughters to let them know and one the girls called Theresa's son. He came and got her and took her to the hospital to be with Glen. The neighbors next door saw the whole thing and just stood there and laughed. She is afraid to be at home all alone. Please say prayers for both Theresa and Glen.

She will not be on the boards much in the next few days.

The latest news is that he was transferred to Thunder Bay this morning at 2:15 A.M. after a 17 hr wait. The ankle is shattered and 2 bones above the ankle are broken. He did go into surgery this morning. Theresa doesn't drive and has no way of getting there. She is very upset.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wow,,gosh,,that sounds like it must have been a bad fall,,,My sister went through the same with a badly broken ankle having surgery with pins and plates..Hope Glen is doing OK and that Theresa is coping alright,,,(((HUGS)) to them both,,,

yeh so I guess my daughters contractions this morning were those fake kind,,,nothing happened after she got up and started moving around today,,,Hopefully soon though,,I need something new to focus on,,
Old 08-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Assistant Moderator

Just dropping by to say Hi. Hope you haveing a nice weekend.
The girls and I had to go thru some of there things to get things ready for them to move back in with mom.
Thur they were enrolled in school and I went with my daughter and them to met thier teachers. A very nice school they be going to.
I wished they could go back to the school they did last yr, but I sure did like this school they be going to. This yr will mark it's 2nd yr.

They are excited about going to this new school, but I hope they all will be able to get up Monday to make it to school on time.
With daughter not having them for a yr it will be a little diff for her and them.. but I do wish them all well and be able to be successful.

The girls came down with thier mom Wed and then daughter went back yesterday to pack things to get moved today,but the girls stayed behind..

Tomorow will be busy getting everything ready for Monday morning.

It will be strange not getting up early getting the girls dress and ready for school, yet it will be nice too. LOL Knowing I will see them for they will only live 10 min f rom the house sure does make this ole Nana happy and take a load off and give me a break from the day in and day out of raising them... yet I know I will still miss it at times.

I have an appointment Tue for my MRI.

OUr AC has gone out and it sure is hot, but thankful it hasn't gone out any sooner than now.

Take care till next time.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy face

Cindylee, My advice is to remain calm! lol Oh! This is a great time for you, your 1st grandchild is a thrill you'll never forget!! I remember when my 1st was born, Dh and I waited in the waiting room from 2 in the afternoon till 3 in the morning. My son came into the waiting room and started crying from joy. His first SON!!! Then we all started crying and hugging each other. Such a HAPPY time...... I saw my DD's son being born!! This was GS #2. Another thrill I'll never forget!!....... We were at the hospital waiting for all of them---I've got 5 GS's and one GD. LOVE them all!!

Last edited by HAPPY6; 08-24-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:05 AM

I saw my dgs be born too. Such a thrill. Something to remember for a life time.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oh,,,I sure wish that I could be there also,,she would love for me to be there too..but until my hubbys headaches are totally gone,,I can not leave him alone, has been 1 wk now free of headaches and we can not be sure they are totally all gone until it has been 2wks...
Yes my mother was with me when I had all 3 of my daughters and I would so love to be with her now,,,Thanks for the Advice,,I am trying to stay calm but I am more impatient then my daughter is,,,