Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I am beat,it is 2:47 a.m.here and I am still awake...Thought I would sleep tonight,but got into painting another flower pot and just couldn't put it down...finished the other one tonight,just had the stain to put on it but now it is done...I will post a picture later today...

Glad you had a nice day Marj...that's my kind of day-no cooking and no cleaning...hugs

Margaret how was your corn beef and cabbage today...hugs

Barb...hope you had a nice St.Patty's Day...hugs

Debbie...how was your St.Patty's Day...any more cute gingerbread for me...hugs

Caroline...I hope you are sleeping and get a good night's sleep...hugs

Lynne...how was your St.Patrick's Day...oh I posted on the recipe exchange what Perogies are...I love them deep fried...hugs

Hope all are doing well and having a wonderful weekend...

Stay Well
Smiles & Hugs
Take Care...
Old 03-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning all hope you are sleeping now Theresa as you are not online I slept fairly good still feel crappy tho'. But on 3rd day of the med so should be feeling pretty good soon I HOPE.

I am listening to my CD of oldies Hits of the 50's love those old songs. Some of the new ones I like too but not a whole lot. I also enjoy listening to country.

Theresa you are really going great guns with your pots now that you have started. Keep up the good work. Hugs to all
Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Patti..I like the 50s and country music also..but then I also like listening to the tenors and operas and a lot of Christian music...guess I like most music as long as it isn't that really loud rap or rock and roll or whatever it is called now...
Theresa..my cb and cabbage turned out to be really great..don't know why I never did it before..guess I was just spoiled by my DD1 bringing it to me each year...what are you making all th e pierogies for? anything special..I love them but only boiled with a little butter and s/p...but now have to skip the salt..I don't like the prune ones though....
Caroline sounds like you like St. Patty's Day..I doned my green shirt and enjoyed the cb/cabbage dish like a true Irishman (well let's just say like a true Italian who was Irish for the day..lol)
Marj..sounds like there is always a lot going on where you live..we don't have a club house here so nothing ever goes on..although one of the ladies thought it might be fun to decorate eggs together...my DD2 and family are coming here on Friday and will be here for a week..staying here until Mon. and then going over to the beach where they rented a 2br condo right on the water..with the pool, etc...I am l/2 from the beach so it is always a chore to load up the van each day for the trip over there..so they just stay right on the beach..can't say I blame them..that is also what I would do...I can still see them daily anyway if I choose....
Hugs to all....Name:  bunny hugs.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  14.1 KB
Old 03-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Hello Ladies...

Hope everyone is doing well...I finally went to bed at 7 this morning,slept for an hour and up again...might explain why I have a rotten headache right now...

Margaret,glad you enjoyed your corned beef and cabbage...I love cabbage rolls does that count...lol...Have a wonderful time during Easter with your daughter and family...hugs

Patti...glad to see the meds are helping you...and that you feel better soon...I like the music of the 60's and country music is my fave...hugs

Caroline...hope got some sleep last night and are having a wonderful day...hugs

The perogies are for us...if I don't make them now they will never get done...I usually do them and then boil them and then freeze them...that way we have them when we want some...

Here is the latest Gingerbread Flower pot I have done...I call this one my Gingerbread Pedestal Flower Pot...the plate for the pot is glued the the bottom of the flower pot...then added the fake fruit to the plate on top...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...

Smiles & Hugs
Stay Well
Take Care...
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member

shocking Happy Sunday All...

Margaret, glad your corn beef and cabbage turned out good. My dh is part Irish, but I am all Polish. The Grandsons wore the most adorable hats to school on Friday. The hats were tall with green stripes and a big clover on the side. Kinda reminded you of something from Dr. Suess. Of course matching green shirts, with the saying "I'm feeling lucky today." My dd gave me the most beautiful green rose. It was dipped in green dye, and then delicately sprinkled with glitter. It came in a really beautiful vase with ribbons of different green shades. Just lovely !! We had a dinner of corn beef and cabbage. DD made a delicious cake with green sprinkles and green mabelizing throughout the cake insides.......... Theresa, send me over some pierogies, we eat them with sour cream on top. I can't wait for you to post your new pots in the gardening thread. ........ Patti, I hope your feeling better today. Get well hugs to you. ........ Marj, I hope your having a wonderful Sunday. Enjoy the day !! .......... It's very cold and windy here today. It's so hard to believe it was 71 degrees out four days ago. Blessings and hugs to all !! Caroline
Old 03-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Nine Year Member

Theresa the pots are great!! You must have posted just before me. Too funny!! Great job on the pots!!!! Hugs Caroline
Old 03-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes the pots are great you have such wonderful talent. Wish I had just a tad of it. I hope you are proud of yourself as you sure should be.

I feel some better today. Judy, Gina and Kent are over at Wharf house hopefully their last day. I have Steven here as bless him he would be bored totally over there. Adam is at work but most likely will be going there when he is done. But he has to pick up a freecycle couch to go in our beat up garage he and his friends are cleaning out and fixing up to hang out in. Boy will I be glad of that as much as I honestly enjoy the kids when I am ready to go to bed then I want to do just that but with them and music and yakkin in here can not
Okay will quit griping. May take a nap not sure yet. Oh Theresa also like most of 60's music too. Don't care for any classical/opera tho' sorry Margaret
Old 03-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Patti glad you are feeling better today...I love the music from the 60's,sorry Margaret I don't like classical or opera music...but now that I think about it...can't you just see the smoke coming out of my ears from thinking...lol...the new music kids are listening to today,that head banging noise,the screaming and swearing...is that really music??? not for me...

Caroline glad you liked the pots...I am doing another one with a mom gingerbread with her baby gingerbread...hope it turns out...I am going to get some more Flower Pots tomorrow when we go to Dryden and I want to do some with a Santa Gingerbread on them for Christmas...and put wrapped candy or chocolates in the top as gifts...

How many perogies would you like Caroline...

Have a wonderful Day

Smiles & Hugs
Stay Well
Take Care...
Old 03-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Megan here I thought I was a little sneak, and there you are trying to post using your mom's screename. LOL
glad to know you are feeling better sweety.

Thersa you do a nice job on those flower pot, I don't see how you have the tme. well on the other hand yes I do, you can't sleep so into the craft area you go...
how are you feeling, any better? you go to the dr on what day this week? isnt it tomorrow you go? whenever it is tell him everything where you can get better

Patti glad to know you feeling a little better, may it continue to go that way.

Well the girls are not happy with thier mom, she didnt call or come by this weekend like she had promised. This was spring break and the weather has been nice enought for them to play outside. but no wd on thier mom except for Last MOnday when she drop by and was with them for a short time. I guess about 2 maybe 3 hrs. when she could of had all day long with them.

We finished washing thier toys and thier clothes. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but I will continue to work on it.
Yesterday they had fun helping me taking things to the shed, and they enjoy lookng or duck eggs everyday when we go out to feed the ducks.

They enjoyed getting in the big tub of mine that was holding another tub that held alot of their toys that had been soaking. They got washed thier dolls hair and bodies, and got wet. LOL
then last time I found a site for them to play bowling and they had tons of fun doing that.
Of couse we had troble finding a username as what we came up with was all tooken. Finally we came up with one that worked on Pogo games.

This week we flew Chynna kite that she got for her bday and enjoyed one another. It the little things and moments you cherish.
School starts back tomorrow and soon I'll be gong back to work too.

chat you all later. Will post in the next post a pic for Marj...
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Little Courtney
Attached Images