Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I just found this thread and think it's great! I have a 5 yr. old (almost 6) grandson and one on the way.

We love spending time with our GS. This past Thursday we took a long walk around his new neighborhood. Okay, Papa and I walked, he rode in the wagon. Along the way he named flowers, the colors of the flowers and chattered a mile a minute! We played ball in the back yard, he rode his new bike and we colored.

He loves to make cookies with "Mimi" and asks about it everytime we're together. I've lost track of the number of Lincoln Log and Lego things we've all put together and he's got a race car set that he pulls out just about everytime we're together.

When he spends the night he insists that one of us sit in the rocker/glider with him on our lap and we either read or watch a video right before sleep time.

He's getting so big so fast that we treasurer every minute he wants to spend with us.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Assistant Moderator

they love to play with bubbles, and learning to jump rope this year,
Chynna has learned to ride her bike real well, and boy she has fun riding down the long drive way and back up.

Since I have horses I have a pipe fence and the girls loves to get on that and walk around to where it stops.

Also Chynna loves to climb the trees now. LOL
then when Hanna tries she gets hurt bless her heart, but she hasn't given up she continue to try again.

of course C has learned to read so we read together now and read to the little one.

both girls are in G scouts so we enjoy doing this together
and go to church on Sundays

of course raising your gkids is totally different from having them come over here and there.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Assistant Moderator

Last night Chynna the oldest gd wanted Nana time and since the other one had already went to bed for she wasn't feeling all that good she said. I took one on one with Chynna.
We played ball by rolling it to one another over a round glass table top trying to make sure it wouldn't go off the edge. If I was rolling it to her and it went off she received the point, and vice versa.

We played doing hairstyle with one of her dolls. It amazing how many hair styles we did on this doll. LOL

Then we told Jokes and talk about things she wanted to talk about... lots of giggling was going on that for sure.

Next time around it will be Hanna that will have Nana time.

Trying to be a nana and a mom figure is hard to do on a day to day basis but I love it and thankful Ihave them... They are my little sunshine and they bring me so much joy.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We Play video games, make cookies, and we color and I read stories, and we play cars if it boys the girls we play barbies, at Chtistmas we made chains and other decorations for the tree and the house thay love it here, we also watch Cartoons. I love it when thay are here thay keep me young.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Oh gosh to follow Bunny on here is kinda sad. But God willing she will be back on here and G-Mom's thread in near future.

I have always tried to be a good Granny to my grands. When the older ones were young I took them for walks and bike rides (in seat on back of my bike) played diff games with them.
With Steven I am unable to do some of the things above but we play cards and we have certain TV games we like to watch together. He likes to watch the birds with me, help feed them too. We do more things but will wait for another time to put them down
Old 08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Assistant Moderator

Patti, I also hope soon Bunny be back joinging us on these threads.
God BLess her and ill her body. I bet she is missing it as well, as she so looked forward to being with her friends here on FC...

Well with the girls being back home with mom, I'm looking forward in being a grandma to them instead of being both a grandmother and acting a mother role.
I know one of the things they enjoy doing with me is to put computer puzzels together
or play games with me on the computer.
we also have made jewerly together for one another.

going to the park especially now since we have a new park in town with the swing sets/slides and things. As we had not had that in the past.

of course doing school fuctions going to on thier field trips.

we also enjoy being in the kitchen cooking together

it amazing how they get older things you do is different and more fun in ways too.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Steven likes to help make cookies my older ones did too.
Steven and I play Solitaire and Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader online together.

Bunny is so missed
Old 08-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Assistant Moderator

Isn't smarter than a 5th grader where they answer questions and clues then appear?
if not then it something else we play.
the girls enjoy just helping with dinner, they take turns on who helping and then other times they take turn on who doing what.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I messed up and hit reply with this grr! but here is my reply lol to the thread

We just got thro' watching the program on FOX channel here it is with Jeff Foxworthy as host and I love him. He is a "clean" comedian.. I bought the CD at the Book Fair at his school and we JUST downloaded it. But we both enjoy the game on TV as well as here on puter.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Nine Year Member

Patti---I love that show.

When I read Bunny's post it brought tears to my eyes. I miss her so much.

I can't wait to get to do things with my grandson. Since is is walkin (running!) we go outside. We play ball. He is so observant. Doesn't miss anything.........

I am trying to find some of those great big fat crayons. I bought them for my kids and want to get some for him.

I saw this and just wanted to put in my two cents.

Hugs to you all.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills