Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Just for Grandparents Here is a special place for all our proud grandparents to share their stories with us and other grandparents.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you Pag. His mother, my oldest D, is the same, we haven't seen her for l6 yrs. either. Absolutely, no reason!! They decided that they didn't want to have anything to do with us, and that was that. All the phone calls, pleadings etc. did no good, so finally we gave up. She does see 2 of her four siblings. The other two got shut out too for no reason. Yes, my others do make up for it in a big way. Thanks for your kind words.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

There is nothing my Mom could have done that would have made me do as your daughter is doing to you. Likewise could never have done anything like your g-son is doing to you. My heart aches for you. My older dau and middle dau do not speak as well as older son and middle dau. BUT they are all on good terms with me so like you have given up on trying to get them to change. The older ones come here and pick up Judy and I and we go off and spend the day doing lots of things but middle daughter tho' she lives across from me never sees either of them. It is sad but I don't dwell on it.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well, she has always been a problem since puberty set in. She was pretty wild! The only one of 5 to be that way. I sometimes miss her, but mostly I just forget about them. As you say, you can't dwell on something like that. I'm sure there is going to be someday that she will wake up, and turn herself around. I think, for some reason, she feels jealous of her siblings.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Nine Year Member

missibob-my dd#2 was kind of like that-wanted to do her own thing, hated living at home and on graduation day moved out. I refused to let her move out before she graduated-although everyone else begged me to let her... Anyway, she gave us up for her boyfriend-then husband, now ex's family. She adopted them as her own. We were invited to family functions but not included in planning her wedding or baby shower. She's better with us now-but she's 2 hours away so we still don't see her or our gs's much-her now boyfriend doesn't help there either.
My dd#3 lives only 20min. away,with her in-laws but I don't see her or my gd much either.
My dd#1 and her family (dh, and 2dd's) live with my dh and I, so those are the ones we relate too, give all our attention to.
I'll add your dd to my prayers that she sees and starts to believe that she and her family need her family connection.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Pam sorry to read about your daughters too. Will keep all of the "wayward" daughters in prayer. Hopefully they will wake up to what they are doing to the family.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you so much for your kind concern. Trekmom you really know how hurtful it is to be ignored by your own child.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

missibob my oldest daughter stopped talking to me for 3 years...now we talk...and my son has done the same thing to me...because of his wife...I don't see his kids and they live 15 minutes from us...

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 03-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sure makes you wonder what they are thinking, doesn't it? I could understand it better if we had a fight or an argument or misunderstanding,but none of these occurred. She just has a huge chip on her shoulder. Oh well, her loss, she misses out on family celebrations, of which we have had a lot lately, and the births of her nieces and nephews. She has her in-laws, but they are very aged.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Update on my granchildren. I went back and read my post from so long ago and thought I would post an update....

I now have 3
Siera is 12
Payton is 3
Daisy will be 1 really soon.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Congrats on your latest Daisy I have all the grands that I will have and untill Adam 20 has any will not be any more greats either. Kari (older g-dau) has had all she can have and her bro Bobby is nearly 35 and not married and not even dating that much so not looking for any from him. But cherish the ones I do have even the ones I don't get to see