Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Joys & Concerns Share any joys or concerns that you, your loved ones or friends might be encountering in their lives. Maybe you would just like to share something great that happened today to you, or something that is bothering you.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Joys and Concerns

Hi everyone!

This FC group is such a caring and loving "family" that I thought it would be nice to have a place to all come to and share any joys or concerns that you, your loved ones or friends might be encountering in their lives. Maybe you would just like to share something great that happened today to you, or something that is bothering you.

I personally know the power that support and/or prayers can mean in different situations. No matter how trivial they may seem, or how large. No judges here~~just a group of dedicated well wishers.

For starters~~~~~

For those about to be affected by the hurricane, I hope everyone remains safe and can return to their homes very soon.

DH is out of town on business this week and I pray for his safe return tomorrow.

My sister, her hubby and my step father have all been sick today with a bad stomach virus.

Congrats to my grandparent's on their 64th Anniversary!!

Thanks for the share!

You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Assistant Moderator

Please tell your grandparents that others like myself wishing a wonderful year and Happy 64th Anniv. finding someone that been together that long is a wonderful.....

again I do hope the best for all that is involved or have someone that is involved in the hurrican, may they all make it thru and can come thru the other side of this thing if he goes ahead and pushes it way thru. hopefully it will die at sea.

for myself it my husb health as it is not good.... and I been fighting depression due to it for our world been turned upside down.

Yes prayers does make a differences, it nice to know that others care enought to say a prayer...

think this can be a wonderful thread thanks Debbie for starting it.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bar_Bar~~thanks for the well wishes for my grandparents! He is my grandfather that survived a massive heart attack last December. He just happened to be in the ER talking to the triage nurse right when it happened. They told us that if he had been anywhere else (even in another part of the hospital) he wouldn't have survived, because of the severity of it. (He suffered an LAD) He is truly a very special man in my life, so I am eternally grateful to Victoria--the nurse who saved him--for giving me all of this precious time since that day.

You and your hubby will be in my prayers. You will see that the power of prayer will help you through this difficult time. It is just so nice to know that others are "there" with you and for you. Hang in there, and keep us posted.

Thanks Shawn for getting us in the right place !!

You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:49 PM
Assistant Moderator

thanks Debbie for the prayers. all are needed that for sure. hope others will join this thread

Shawn I am confused for I am still new so how would I find this group again? will it be called joy and concerns and which main thread is it under? for most things I have found I have stumbled into it some how. thanks.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Debbie - this is a great idea! I hope your grandparents had a good day for their anniversary!

I to believe prayer is a powerful tool! It always makes me feel so good when someone tells me they were praying for me. Sometimes I feel like we need all the help we can get, and I think that's why we're here on this earth, to help each other!

Carol

Old 10-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Nine Year Member

Power Of Prayers

My Dh is having laser surgery on his eye tomorrow for glaucoma. Hope it works will know in a couple of weeks. Did his other eye a few weeks ago so far no side effects. Can use all your prayers.
________
Sueanne
Old 10-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sueanne, I will say a prayer that your husband's eye surgery is a success and that he has no bad side effects.

bar_bar, I'm sorry to hear about your husbands bad health and your depression. I will say a prayer that his health improves and that you will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's so hard to get out of depression once you are in it.

Debbie, congradulations to your Grandparents and their 64th anniversary. Hubby and I have 36 years. I will say a prayer for you husband's safe return and for hubby, sister and step father that they might get to feeling better real soon. This was a good idea, Debbie.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:42 AM
BoggsZ

This was a great idea.

My dad has to have a heart monitor put on this tues so thay can try and figure out way his haveing iregular heart beats he had 6 bypasses in 1992 but has done well since then so please keep him in your thoughts that everything will go well.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:52 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Karen, I will keep your father in my thoughts and prayers. Anything having to do with a person's heart is terrifying to me. All of my grandparents and grandparents passed because of heart problems and they recently discovered my heart is enlarging. Why, they don't know. I guess I'm just meant to have a big heart.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Karen - I'll keep your dad in my prayers. My dad had 6 bypasses in 1997. He had a zapper thing put in about a year ago. He's doing really good, just gets tired easier than before. I just wish we could keep our parents around forever.

Carol

Closed Thread