FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New Member Introductions (archive) - 1 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/introduce-yourself/4525-new-member-introductions-archive-1-a.html)

Amanda 01-18-2002 12:55 PM

New Member Introductions (archive) - 1

My name is Amanda Formaro, I am almost 35, and am mother to four wonderful kids, three boys and a girl.

Tony - 9
Kristen - 8
T.J. - 4
Dominic - 3

I love horses, though haven't owned one since my first child was born, have a german shephard puppy who is 3 months, 3 indoor cats, 3 outdoor kittens who have adopted us, and 2 guinea pigs.

I am married to Tracy, have known him since I was 14, we met working at Burger King together. (())

I love this site, love my online friends, adore crafting, and enjoy baking.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

tamijb 01-18-2002 04:55 PM

Introducing myself!

Hello! My name is Tami. I've been married for 15 years and have 2 boys (5 & 12). We live in the Seattle area.

My hubby is a Jouneyman Painter but is beginning to pursue a career in computers.

I am a work at home mom. I have been a Medical Transcriptionist for 6 years but hope to quit that in the next 6 months. I now have a new business that is going to surpass all our expectations and help us live healthier, safer lives, and help us get rid of the "month-to-month" paycheck worries!

I look forward to meeting some of you!

aubry 01-18-2002 05:44 PM

Hello!
My name is Paula (Aubry). I am 32 years old been married almost 6 too my wonderful husband.(())
I have two kids a dd 4 be five In April.:daisy: And a ds 2 1/2^^ (actually I think he can jump faster LOL)
I work part time as a hairstylist and have started little bit of eBay selling too make some extra money. But I do love being home with my dks as much as possible. My dh is a graphic designer, which in this economy is not doing so well. Hence my love of all things frugal!;-)
Look forward too meeting you all!

kimmyo 01-18-2002 08:35 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Kim. I am 39 years old and work full time outside the home as a receptionist in a Pet Clinic. I live in a very small rural town and commute to work in a larger town 30 miles from home.

I married my soul mate Johnny almost 18 years ago (6-30-84):heart:

We have 2 ds's Zach soon to be 16 :eek: and Justin 11.

I have 2 dogs (just don't tell them they're dogs) Sheba my lab is 6 years old and Mallory my tiny pom is 18m.

I'm looking forward to making new friends here.:)

otheila 01-18-2002 08:53 PM

Hi.If you've missed my intro in SAHM, this is me:
I'm a 27 yr old sahm with a soon to be 4 yr old dd .
Dh works in construction, we have a whole pile of critters
beagleXbasset duke, 2 hamsters, betty and veronica, 1 rex rabbit hopscotch ( I call it pyscho lol), 4 red ear racer turtles hex, aphrodite, franklin, speedy ( the last 2 we given to us from the local musem last week) gus an eastern paint turtle and a wild one out back who likes to stick around for the free food :). I can't remember how many fish, id sharks, tetras, bala sharks, pleco's, and 2 green Iguanna's, iggy and shinobi.
Until 2 months ago I watched other kids at home with dd but gave that up after 3 years of doing so, dh and I are considering foster children but have to do more thinking on that one.
Like the other posts I have read in this thread frugality is important to us, with dh construction work as seasonal kinda and me staying home.
I live in Eastern Canada. I don't know what else to say, Can't wait to meet you all

charlen 01-19-2002 11:47 AM

Looking for new friends

Hello all !
I am a recent addition to the "stay-at-home" workforce. I was an administrative assistant in a high stress job. I am very into frugal living. I am married, with a grown son and 2 grandbabies.
My husband and I decided to try to live on one income, so that I could be home for the first time^^ ! After trying it for a few months before I stopped working, we found that it was possible. I now have time to do things that I never had time for, as well as take care of 2 elderly family members.
I would like to meet new friends here, and share information and ideas. Looking forward to talking to you !:*
Charlen

ladyinmaille 01-19-2002 02:45 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Linda. I am 55, married 35 years this coming April, have 2 grown children, 1 of each, and 4 wonderful grandchildren, 2 of each. I work about 50 hours a week managing a small title company of 7 ppl. The fortunate thing about my job is my best friend of 20 years works there as does my daughter and my daughter in law. I am getting to the age where I long to cut my hours back drastically so I can stay at home and play with the grandkids, dogs, puter and get back to working on crafts. We bred miniature schnauzers of which I have 3, the mother, the father, and a son from their first litter that I just couldn't let go of. All of the others my husband has made me sell. We also have 2 outside dogs and 8 outside cats. The outside cats come inside when the hubby isn't around. LOL In my spare time my favorite hobby is taking pictures and going to Ren Faires. I also enjoy camping but I have fms so that limits my time in the tent now a days. That also limits my time on the motorcycle which I dearly enjoy, too. As I said in my other post where I explained how I picked my name, I am new to this (going into forums) so if I have chatted on too much, I apologize. I look forward to meeting you all. ^^

NBABYS 01-19-2002 03:00 PM

HI I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. MY NAME IS LORI AND I LIVE IN NORTHERN NY WITH MY LOVING HUBBY AND 6 YR DAUGHTER. I AM A SAHM AND HAVE A FAMILY DAYCARE IN MY HOME. I WORKED IN A HIGH STRESS JOB AND DECIDED ONE DAY THAT MY CHILD WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN THE JOB AND I HAVE NOT REGRETTED IT FOR A MOMENT. THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND TIME I'VE EVER POSTED TO ANY FORUMS. MY OTHER FAVORITE WEB SITE IS FRUGAL-MOMS!!!!! GLAD TO MEET ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Jenna 01-19-2002 05:05 PM

Hi to Everyone!

I am new here and would like to introduce myself. I am 42 years old, very happily married, with two kids. My son is 20 and attending college and my daughter is 17 and in high school.

I am a former member of the Frugal Moms site. I recognize some of the names here from that site. Nice to see ya! I too, decided not to pay to remain a member, so now I am here!:) I have changed my user name.

Hope to get to know you all!:)

kimmyo 01-20-2002 07:02 AM

HELLOOOO!!!!

Welcome Jenna, NBABYS, Charlen, ladyinmaille, and any one else I missed!

I am looking forward to chatting with each of you!^^