Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:55 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

chuckle sekon

you guessed my secret lol ok so now everyone knows that my freezer isnt full of food but of STUFF actually i dontated all of it to the thrift store and when i cleaned out my freezer i donated what i didnt want /use to my neighbours who really appreciated it

Have you checked out the organizing thread by the way ?? LOL it has some great tips on it on how to get started ... Danny says all i need to get started is a huge dumpster in the front yard LOL

Let me know how you do tomorrow You can email me if you would like

Sue
Old 08-18-2002, 07:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

;-) Good Evening Everyone.. I really get a kick out of all these replys so thought i"d try, i see there are pack-rats out there like me I must say, you all sound like my kind of gals, i love crafting, crocheting and sewing although don"t have much time anymore, i too need to organize my craft room its a total mess, i did get it in shape once then could"nt find anything..LOL! Someday i"am really going to get in there and really get things in shape, i work so its hard for me to do it, but would love to have the time to get back to my crafting etc! I will be retiring soon so i will have more time on my hands of course if i"d stay away from this computer awhile i"d really get things done , Well ladies keep those interesting replys coming i just love them just threw the worm in cause i think he"s cute! You all take care and have a nice evening.......Maureen
Old 08-18-2002, 10:21 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sorry this took so Long

Hello again Sorry I took so long in telling about myself. Where to begin: Well I like to read, I crochet I am looking fo rhte right sewing machine cause I want to make quilts. I love staying home but due to crunched finanaces and us wanting to buy a house next year I am going to start looking for a job this up coming week . I also want to go back to school toget my GED and to start college next year too. I think I am going to take classes for being a chef but not quite sure yet. I want to take some of the classes that are required for Homeschooling too so that I can help me children with any questiuons they have without having to scratch my head and think so hard you see a cloud of balck ssmoke pour from my ears ;-) I enjoy Crocheting the most but my wrists hurt to much after awhile. I am making My daughter Lulu a blanket that is wider then I am tall and it is a challenge with my wrists...Any one have any ideas for the pain? Motrin and Tylenol dont work at all i ahve gotten about 2 1/2 feet of her balnket done and it is double thickand heavier then I thought it would be this blanket will never fall off her bed when it is done She picked the colors and the pattern. She asked me yesterday when we were in Wal Mart looking at crochet books if I could teach her how... They did have some books to teach kids with But I dont know how i can teach her without her being able to read yet. Any ideas for that one either???? My email Addy is [email protected] I always check it so if you want we can talk thru email or my AOL Instant Messanger name is SillyMaMaL or MSN is Bigmamazhome. If I am not on one I am usually one the other Leanne
Old 08-19-2002, 05:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good Morning Leanne!

Nice to meet you!

Good to find another avid crocheter in the bunch!

I have taught 2 of my 4 daughters to crochet. Esther (10) started when she was 8. My youngest Jessica (6) is wanting to learn .... I don't think my draw back will be that she cannot read but that she is left handed. We are having a time with handwriting so I am not too sure about this. I bet Lulu (if she is patient enough) can sit for a bit at a time and do the stitches by imitating what you do. You do the foundation row and 1 row .... maybe double crochet all the way across. Then let her take it one stitch at a time. Esther learned faster by doing. She cannot understand a pattern just yet, but is venturing off doing different stitches to create a pattern. She did a whole skein of double crochet ....... about 50 chains wide .......with an *I* hook. When she could do the doubles in her sleep, then we moved to (chain 1, skip next dc, 1 dc in next dc...repeat across)..... I choose dc because you can see your work progressing alot faster.

I am putting you on my MSN in case you'd like to chat. I am debsgallery.

I do quilt a bit, but have so many other projects going, I haven't done that in a while.

I am in NW Mississippi. Where are you located?

And I have talked your ear off......
will let you go for now......
Take care,
deborah
(sekon)
Old 08-19-2002, 06:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sue:

Thanks, Sue, for your warm welcome. I appreciate the links too! I love to read books from the library. Self-help books mostly and inspirational books too. For example, before we bought this run down property a few months ago I read everything available on fixing up and flipping and renting houses.

Going to the library is important to me since I don't want to be buying a lot of books that will create more clutter! I really do like organizing and keeping things as simple as possible. I would't mind coming to help you organizing your son's room however the fact that I like to "organize" doesn't mean I AM organized!

I'm really looking forward to checking out the sewing forum. I love to make curtains, pillows, etc. I've given up on clothes since I've made so many mistakes and trashed so many dresses/blouses, etc. Why bother wasting all that time?
Looking forward to spending more time with everyone!
Mari
Old 08-19-2002, 07:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Mari

Welcome!

Now if you're offering to help organize, just hop on over Mississippi way up I-55 and stop right on in. I will put the coffee on!

After this post, I am tackling a major clean up/organizing project ... I have to move my younger girls into the back bedroom (which we have used for storage since moving here last November).

You're doing the smart thing in that you use the library to store your books! The only thing with that is I didn't hit upon the library trick until it was too late! And I absolutely hate to part with books, but I just might have to weed them out and donate them somewhere. I am hoping dh will build some built-in shelving for me when we start our renovating this monstrosity of a house next spring. And beside crochet/crafts type books/magazines, I have tons of repair/decorating/remodeling type books ..... do you have trouble parting with the specialized ones?

Well, I am off to start on that room!

Have a good day.....
will talk with you later....
Take care,
deborah
(from a pollen filled NW Mississippi town.........ugh ....the pollen is so thick this morning!)
Old 08-19-2002, 01:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Deborah,
Thanks for the welcome I too used to save every magazine, newspaper clipping, etc. on decorating (which is another passion I have). Then I realized I had tons of stuff and whenever I needed to retrieve some idea I could never find it. So, a few years ago I just started cutting whatever pictures, ideas, etc that I liked and tossing the magazines. I also put notations on the pictures themselves to remind me why I'm holding on to what I'm saving. Every clipping goes into a box just for this purpose. Inside the box I have manila envelopes labled (for example: FAMILY ROOM IDEAS or KITCHEN IDEAS, etc.) Since we've been decorating our house gradually since we moved in 8 years ago, I always refer to my clippings to find inspiration!

Good luck on your organizing project for your gir's room!
Mari
PS: I recently read "ORGANIZING FROM THE INSIDE OUT" by Julie Morgenstern that was really great. It motivated me beyond words!
Old 08-19-2002, 05:12 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky New member

Hello everyone! My name is Michelle and I live in upstate New York. I have a wonderful husband Bruce ,a 9yr old son Jesse ,a 2mo old daughter Alyssa ,and a 6yr old stepson Brandon . I have just started to do freezer cooking as I am going back to work(only part-time now) in the next couple of weeks . I work retail and my favorite food group is chocolate!
I can't wait to talk with everyone on the different threads. have a good night everybody!

Chocolate IS a food group
Old 08-19-2002, 05:31 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome redhotmom

Hi Michelle , Welcome to the Family

I also do freezer cooking as i find it easier to just pull something that is already prepared out of the freezer than to start from scratch on those very hot days I do however make up a menu for two weeks and post it on the fridge so the kids and hubby can see what is for dinner each night . I find it helps with the 'whats for dinner?' question i get every night lol

I have included the FOOD forum link for you as there are just so many different things in there that might interest you
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...?s=&forumid=14

Do you have any hobbies or special interests? I like to read , sew , do all kinds of crafts and of course i just love to hang out in Family Corner

While you are visiting the different forums you might have a few questions , please dont hesitate to ask , there is always a friendly answer just waiting to happen from one of our very friendly members

Once again Welcome to the Family Michelle I look forward to your future posts

Sue
Old 08-19-2002, 05:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

WELCOME redhotmom!!

You have made a good beginning by getting on this wonderful site. With your young children, now you are going to have to find the time for posting, somehow, because this is an addiction, as everyone here knows. I find myself checking any time I get up during the night, and first thing in the morning. I spend a lot of time here, and feel guilty whenI look around the house to see what else I should be doing.--THAT'S procrastinaton!!
Anyway, we all hope you enjy being on board.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.

Closed Thread