Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:27 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you for the nice warm welcome
I like to sew, knit, quilt, garden: veggies, flowers, herbs.

I enjoy my homebased business and will share with anyone
who is interested in non-toxic products.

Being a homeschooling family. We enjoy doing things together as a family. We have learned to do many different things like taking care of chickens, goats, ducks, kittens, and dogs. We have also learned about building (my boys helped my husband put and addition on our old house, and they put a deck on our new house. They also made a vegetable stand to hopefully sell product in)

We have learned many things through 4-H and personal interest items. I enjoy learning new things;-)
Old 07-17-2002, 05:25 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank You for the Welcome Sue.
I have read many of the messages on the board but never entered but decided to do so and so glad that I did.
Thank You again.
I know that from time to time we all would like to have someone to chat with or talk about something or just to ask a simple question and have someone out there is listening and will answer.
Frankie
Old 07-17-2002, 07:52 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the welcome, autumnmum and craftymom .

My dogs and cat's are just plain 'ol dogs and cats
My house dog is a mini daschound and chiuaua( sorry I can't spell this one ), sort of strange looking. She's pretty old and rotten. But she rules the house. Her name is Pritzi.
My outside dogs are lab and calahoula mix. Just hound dogs. ;-)
Tank and Girly Girl.
Now, my cats, my babies . No dog can stay that dosen't get along with the cats. There's Poppy, Tombo, and Skeeter, the adults, and 5 little ones with no names yet. They are different ages and from two mamas. They will get names when they show their personalities a little more.

No, autumnmum, I don't live near Amarillo. I'm in Central Texas, way out in the boonies. Do you have ties to Amarillo?

I will see you both around
Old 07-17-2002, 08:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi annienannie,

I see you live in Texas, and mentioned Amarillo. I had a cousin living in Amarillo since WW2 until she died five years ago. She had six kids-5 boys, and one girl. Two of the boys became veterinarians. The girl lives in
--I believe it's called-Grand Prairie--something like that. It's down near the Dallas area.
You DO have a few pets, don't you? We have a neutered male cat that someone either left behind when moving, or maybe it was deliberate. Had him about 5 years now. He was cryingoutside my bedroom windw one night, and I could tell he was hungry, so fed him in the morning. You KNOW what that does!! He is spoiled rotten.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:52 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, Blondie. I know where Grand Prairie is, not too far from me. I'm between Ft Worth and Waco. Amarillo is a pretty good piece north of here.
Yeah, I've got quite a bunch of animals. They're like a pack of unruly kids at feeding time. I pretty much have to referee, but I wouldn't do without them I can't imagine a life without pets.
Old 07-18-2002, 04:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi again, annienannie,
You must be pretty busy with kids, and animals. It's been so long since I was really busy, it seems ages ago. I had four-3 boys and one girl. The last-a boy- kept me jumping more than the other three together. He kept me going more than the other three together. Especially when he was two. My mother used to tell me I should write a book, and I told her I didn't dare take my eyes off of him, or he'd get into more. I am glad not to have to keep up THAT pace anymore, but do miss being busier than I am. I never was a "sitter".

Old 07-18-2002, 04:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Blondie,
I never was a sitter either. Always have to be on the move.
It makes the children very nervous. They are always telling me to be still or just sit down and rest a minute. Maybe I have a compulsive disorder. About the only time I actually sit down is when I am at the computer, sewing machine or after the evening meal, shower and spending a few minutes with my husband when he is watching TV.
I work in the yard. Not as much as I used to but I still do some.
I have never been one to just do nothing.
Where do you live in Fl. I live in Jacksonville. We moved here almost 17 years ago.
Until later
Frankie
Old 07-18-2002, 06:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

OOps...... a misunderstanding, Blondie I don't have any kids at home. My only child is 31 and married. Just me and my babies.....the animals.
BTW, I have no problem being a "sitter" ;-)
Old 07-18-2002, 07:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

OOPS! Now how did I make a boo-boo like that??--Sorry! I'm just on my way outside to do some yard work. It's hot, and sticky, but it has to be done. I stayed inside yesterday for the same reason, but felt guilty. I work a lot in my yard, and it seems I never am satisfied. I dream of a beautiful garden, but never feel I have attained one, no matter what I do. I am not crazy about this Florida "soil"(?), OR the weather. Up in Michigan I had no troubles, and had beautiful plants, both in Detroit, and in the Upper Peninsula. Did you ever hear of the magazine called, Birds and Blooms? My latest came two days ago, and once I begin to read it I don't stop until I have read the whole thing. There are pictures of such beautiful gardens in there I am drooling. Well, time to go. Talk withyou another time.

Old 07-18-2002, 08:26 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Blondie, Frankie here. Live in Fl also. I am from Texas. Southwest part. The soil is better here than in Texas.
I have read the Birds in Bloom book and admired the flowers and all the beautiful birds. I loved that book. Had some wonderful ideas in it. Of course my yard would never look like that. We have a real old water oak in the front yard and it keeps a lot of things from growing. We have had it opened up a lot and it helps a little. I have some butterfly bushes and they do well here.
The city and the electrical company are cutting all my trees down because they say they are too close to the power lines and we really do look naked now. The only good thing about that is I will not have to rake as many leaves. My courtyard gets a lot more sun but so does the roof of my house. Until later
Frankie

Closed Thread