Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:30 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Newbie to site

Hi, My name is Frankie. I am now a legal senior person. I got my medicare card in the mail. I was told that you are legal when you get it so I guess I am finally there.
I have 4 children of my own. One adopted child. Raised 1 granddaughter. Helping raise 2 more grand daughters. Both Moms are working and need help. Am expecting 2 great grand children in August and December. Already have 2.
I love to sew, quilt, read,craft and of course cook and take care of my family. We have three dogs, fish, pond outside with some beautiful fish.
My true love and soulmate who is the light of my life, my wonderful husband of 40 years come May of 2003 and I have had a most wonderful life. We are retired military and have traveled in his career to many places. He is a most remarkable man and I thank God everyday for bringing him into my life.
I am looking forward to chatting again and learning many new things now that I have time to do so.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2002, 10:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome Frankie

It's so nice to meet you. You sound like a very busy and loving person, so you have much in common with everyone in this site.

There is a forum for just about any thing you can name, so grab something to snack on and go browsing.

Old 07-17-2002, 11:11 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank You rylasa
I am very busy but love every moment of it.
I try very hard not to step on too many toes during my hectic day.
When you have so many it is hard not to be up in their business all the time.
Thank you for replying.
Frankie
Old 07-17-2002, 12:20 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

chuckle Welcome to Mom_of_1 & Frankie...

A huge welcome to the both of you,,, Mom_of_1 & Frankie. I know how much you will enjoy belonging to the Best Forum Ever!!! You'll find yourselves lost into a whole 'new' world. The hours will pass by, without you realizing they have. In all the time gone by, you will have met the most wonderful "family" that anyone could ask for!

Mom_of_1, if you'd like, you may email me at [email protected]
I have, also, the depression, obssesive compulsive disorder, anxity and candida.

Frankie........my goodness....So many little ones... You surely are a very busy lady. I too, obtained my Medicare Card....early, but still have it. Makes me a senior also, ~ ~ ~ right? You do have quite a few interests. I love to cook. You will probably see me on any of the food related threads.

Welcome aboard!!
Carol Ann
autumnmum 2002
Old 07-17-2002, 12:33 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Hi y'all..... I just found the boards today and haven't even made all the rounds yet, but so far it looks like a great place.
I'm a native Texan, (and I say that because those of us who are natives are proud of it!)
I'm 49 but still 14 in my mind ;-) . I love to read and spend time on my 'puter. Way too much time, really. I have a lovely daughter who will be 31 the end of this month. Now that will make you feel old if you think about it too much!!!
I'm a cat lover, I have 8. I also have 3 dogs. I'm not real crafty but I will tackle a project now and then.
I love doing surveys and entering sweepstakes and contests, and anything else that might possibly involve MONEY!!!

I look forward to meeting all of you and jumping right in and enjoying myself
Old 07-17-2002, 12:55 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Pinkie Winky Welcome annienannie....

Hello, and welcome into our family. You'll find alot to do in this forum!

My youngest of my three children, is 33, or will be this September 4th. I am also a cat lover. Never use to be, until that youngest brought home every stray she could find ~ ~ ~ and not just cats! As of now, I have two cats and they are bot 1 year old. Precious, a long haired female calico, and Trouble, a short haired, tiger, female, calico. As my mother says, "They can do NO wrong"! (LOL ~ ~ ~ I know better.) You have eight. What kind are they? ~Plus, three dogs....what type? Yes, I am an animal lover. I also love anything to do with cooking, ~ reading true stories ~ gardening ~ loved crafting, but am now limited, because of arthritis, plus I just enjoy life.

Do you live anywhere around Amarillo?? See you on the boards.
Carol Ann
autumnmum 2002
Old 07-17-2002, 01:55 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Carol Ann,
Yes I do have a lot of little ones. My job as a teacher was teaching little ones, so I have been in the business for nearly 40 years. I love it but there is always a time to hang things up.
I had a stroke nearly 6 years ago and thank the Good Lord it did very little damage, but it is now taking its toll. It is really slowing me down a lot quicker than I want it to.
My husband says I do so many things because I am real nosy and will refuse to give up on anything. I love the challenge of things.
I have a terrible vertigo problem caused from the stroke. Some times the medicine works and sometimes it does not. When it is not working I am useless. Hard to walk and move around without walking like a drunk. Bending and turning my head is a wild roller coaster. Oh well we learn to live with our little things.
Frankie
Old 07-17-2002, 02:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Carol Ann
Frankie here. I was born and raised in Del Rio. Moved to Louisiana in 56, married a military man and moved around a lot.
Have a friend that lives in Perrytown.
Sister that lives in SA
Friends in San Angelo
Small world
Friends that live on a ranch between Uvalde and Bracketville.
Talk soon
Frankie
Old 07-17-2002, 03:33 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Frankie

Welcome to the Family Frankie . I am so glad i finally get to greet you as well

As everyone has already told you there are forums on here to keep you busy for hours and hours and also cover every type of subject you could possibly imagine ...and even some you couldnt imagine

As i am sure you have found out already ,everyone is so friendly here and if you should have any questions please dont hesitate to ask

Once again welcome to the Family

Sue
Old 07-17-2002, 03:41 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

annienannie

I am glad to meet you annienannie and would like to Welcome you to the Family

I am sure you will find out sooner or later ( most people find out sooner though ) that these forums are very very addicting I love the cooking and crafting forums , and all the rest as well but i love looking for new ideas in cooking and to do with crafts

You said you had three dogs ...what kind are they ?? I have a pure bred Samoyed and she is a big big baby lol but we love her anyway We used to have two cats as well that used to bug the dog ( eventually the dog started to purr when you would pet her like the cats did ) but we had to get rid of them as they both snuck outside and went and played with the boy cat next door !!!

I am glad you joined our Family and look forward to seeing you post again If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask

Once again welcome

Sue

Closed Thread