Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Hi Ladies! Great to meet you!

My name is Kristin. I'm a newlywed after living with my husband for ten years first. Boy are we glad we did this marriage thing. It's only bonded us more. We love it, so far! We vowed to make a pledge each anniversary to stay newlyweds each year.

I'm 33 and work from home. I have a cat, MooMoo, and a dog, Maggie. I love them both. They keep me company and make me laugh a lot! They are adorable.

I love outdoor activities, in my yard and the wilderness. We live in SE Wisconsin and up-state is gorgeous! We were married up in Boulder Junction, WI on the family property outside my mother-in-laws cabin. It was beautifu, right on the lake front. It's a private lake so it was peaceful, except for the darn crow that set off the Best Man's car alarm. Darn thing wouldn't shut up for nothing, just crowed the during the whole ceremony. Then a butterfly, we did a release in memory of those who have passed on that we miss, landed right on my husband's crotch! I was laughing so hard I couldn't open my mouth to tell him what we were all laughing at! It was hillarious. Our poor neice, who was singing at the time, thought we were laughing at her though ... poor dear was nervous enough to begin with.

I also love playing Mrs. Fix-It. And I'm a pretty good handywoman.

Gotta go paint the garage now. Chat later ladies. Have a great one ... ~ God Bless! ~
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2002, 09:11 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Kristin

Welcome Kristin to Family Corner

Congratulations to you and your new hubby Your Wedding sounds like it was so much fun I had to laugh when you mentioned about the butterfly though

So you like to fix things ...well,I am sure you will find that there are several threads that deal with that Maybe you can help someone out with an answer to their 'fix-it' problem

I also love the great outdoors and for the next 4 days we ( dh and 3 kids) are going to be playing in natures backyard lol We live in BC Canada and are going camping in a Cherry Orchard as our 'family vacation'.

If you need any help or have a question please dont hesitate to ask.

Once again WELCOME Kristin

Sue

Last edited by craftymom; 06-28-2002 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm normal after all

Hey Everyone...
Makes me feel so good when I read that I'm not the only one so addicted to this forums..I felt so normal after reading where others get lost of hours ...its so easy..my dh gets so annoyed with me ..says he doesnt understand what I do for hour after hour on that computer...they just dont understand the special bond all of us women share together...
Cant wait for him to leave everymorning so I can hit the forums..see what's new for another day..

God Bless..
Georgia..

Isnt life so sweet..just saying a small prayer each morning makes the day so much brighter....

Craftymom: you make everyone feel so welcome..you are so cool.. lol keep up the good work
Old 06-28-2002, 11:58 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Georgiamc

Hi there Georgiamc I think we now need a support group for all of us who are 'family corner addicts'

Anyway , Welcome to the family Georgiamc i know you are enjoying yourself here as you even said yourself that you get lost on here LOL its ok your secret is safe with us lol

You did make a valid point though...men just dont understand the special bond women have with each other...they may never figure it out either LOL

Thank you for your kind words about me being cool .... realitly is i just love to talk and meet new people

Thank you again and Welcome

Sue
Old 06-28-2002, 01:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Craftymom you are sure right about needing a support group for the family conner addicts.:p

Did you know that it is a scentific fact that women need other women as close friends? We need to be able to talk to others who understand us in a way no man can ever expect to know us. I watched a program on Oprah about a year ago on this subject and since then have heard others that have said the same thing. AREN'T WE LUCKY TO BE WOMEN!!!!!!!

I could spend all day here on Family Conner but I don't get to have the use of "my" computer with my dd and her girl friend living here. They are on it al the time.

May you have a day full of sunshine no matter what the weather.

proud to be American

btw I agree With Georgiamac - craftymom you are amazing

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Kristin you are a beautiful Bride.

Welcome to our family. you sound like a super fun person to be with. Your wedding experiences are so funny. I can just picture that butterfly on your husband.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:37 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

blushing Thank you

Sandy ..... Thank you for the compliment I do try my best to make everyone feel welcome

I could also spend hours and hours here but unfortunatly if i do then the laundry doesnt get done and dinner doesnt get made ..... then the vultures ( aka Kids) come swarming around me lol

Well , i am going to be gone for 4 days camping in a Cherry Orchard with dh, the 3 kids and my parents . Of course the weather wont be good because i just bought 2 pairs of shorts and a new bathing suit but i am hoping to get some sun anyway lol

See you all on Monday ( well tuesday as we wont be back until late monday )

Have a great weekend and for all you Canadians on here HAPPY CANADA DAY

Sue
Old 06-28-2002, 01:43 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

blushing Kristen

Kristin , i didnt see the picture you added until i just refreshed the page .. please forgive me for not commenting on what a beautiful bride you were. I love the dress you were wearing!

I have to thank stitcher45 for making me realize that there was a picture included as well If it wasnt for your post i wouldnt have known there was a picture included at all

Sue
Old 06-29-2002, 04:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello

Hello Everyone
My name is Melody and I am in Reno Nevada...I am mom to 3 and gramma to 5....I was born and raised here. I have 4 sisters and 1 brother all younger....looking forward to getting to know you all...also my parents still live here also
Old 06-29-2002, 05:58 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome Adizkide...

Adizkide Just would like to welcome you into our growing family. I know you'll love being here with all of us. There are so many subjects to look into.
Where in Michigan are you from? and where are your parents residing? I live in Wayne. I also have three children (grown), and seven grandchildren. Don't you just love being a Gramma? I do.
What do you enjoy doing, === besides the internet?? I love to garden, bake & cook, crafts, and fishing..are on the top of my list, besides being on the internet!
Again, welcome to our family.
Carol Ann

Closed Thread