Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

shocking

Craftymom,
This forum is not necessarily calorie-free for me!

I have the BAD habit of muching on black licorice while I'm here!

Old 06-22-2002, 11:59 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

bettdev

ok ok so it is almost calorie free i munch on soda crackers while i am sitting here But i would much prefer those licorice you are having so...are you going to share ???

Ok i will alter the last post i made ... the forum boards are 'light' in calories but loaded in information and friendships LOL I think that is better

Sue
Old 06-23-2002, 12:34 PM
marzeli

Hello everyone!!

My name is Marian and I'm a sahm of an 8yr old boy, Ryan. I've been a member for awhile, but haven't had the time to post an intro of myself.

I'm 37 and disabled due to complications from my diabetes. Thank goodness I can still get around fairly well!

I was born and raised in the northeast part of PA. Some things I enjoy are saving money (lol), doing things with my son, cross stitch, playing poker on Saturday night or just staying at home relaxing with my son and my dog, Sadie.

Sadie's a 2yr old Sheltie I got from someone in Maryland. I feel I rescued her from an abusive and neglectful home. I had to cut most of the fur on her belly and behind her ears because of such bad matting of her fur. But, enough of that. I don't want to depress anyone. She's much better now, and loves being here. Needless to say, she's spoiled rotten! I got her because my son wanted a dog, but because I'm home all the time, she's more attached to me. He still gets upset once in awhile when she won't jump up and down to greet him when he gets home. She's starting to come around though. I told him it'll take a little longer and to try to be patient. (If it's possible for an 8yr old to be patient! LOL)

Anyway, that's about it for me. There's not much to tell. I'm a pretty laidback person. haha Glad to be here and hope to come back soon. Have a great day!
Old 06-23-2002, 12:56 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome, Welcome

Glad you decided to say Hi! Sounds like you got your hands full. I have 2 boys 2 cats a fish and a husband so I can relate. I hope that you are enjoying things here. I am a newbie myself but boy have I enjoyed every second of it. Once again Welcome

Angela Blazona

P.S. If you ever decide that you want to talk just e-mail me.
Old 06-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Marian

so glad you have let us know about you. It sounds like you have your hands full.

I am a SAHG. I'm disabled because of a back injury and because I have severe bipolar problems. I have raised my 2 dgd for most of their lives. The oldest hs many behavior problems so I have my hands full most of the time. All I'm trying to say is that we have a lot in common. In cluding several of you interest. I do crafts and that includes cross stitching. Also I enjoy playing cards though I don't know how to play poker.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi from France !

Hello everybody ! I just discovered this forum not long ago. I don't think I introduced myself yet so here it goes :

I'm 39, am French , married with no children.
My husband and I live in a city next to Paris. It takes about 20 mn by car to reach the capital.

I have 3 passions : animals (mostly cats & rodents) , communicating with people all over the world and the USA.

I grew up in Manhattan from the age of 2 till the age of 11. From that fact, I feel half American, half French and one of my biggest dreams would be to return to the States and live there at least for some years.

I love meeting new people and I think it is due to the fact that I have lived abroad so long. My father used to work as a journalist for the Agence France-Presse so that is why we lived in the USA.

My other interests include restaurants, Indian food, horror movies, surfing on the web, smilies, pop music (70s-80s), dancing, exchanging ideas about everything, crosswords, beaches.

This is getting a bit long so I will stop here. I really hope to hear from many of you very soon !!! Bye for now
Old 06-23-2002, 02:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

About Me

Hi,
My name is Lisa Crowe. My username is CROWEMOMMY - because my last name is Crowe and I'm a mommy!

I have been married to my high school sweetheart, Dan for almost 13 years and we have a darling 5 year old daughter - Shea. We have 3 cats and a dog.

I have endometriosis and it took 5 years of trying before I became pregnant with Shea - we're still trying to give her a baby brother or sister.

I was laid off in November 2001 when the company I worked for was sold (I was not that disappointed) and I've been enjoying the last 8 months home with our daughter. I'm going to take off the rest of the summer and start looking for an "almost" full time job in September/October. I never thought I'd enjoy being a stay-at-home mom, and it took me awhile to adjust, but I think I'm beginning to get used to it!
Old 06-23-2002, 06:23 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

(((((Lisa))))) (((((Marian)))))

HI!!!! Nice to met you!! You're gonna have a great time here, it's a lot of fun!!!! I've only been here, hmm, maybe two days, and I'm having a blast already!! ;-)

I've chatted with a couple of nice people so far, and can't wait to chat with more!!

Grab your iced tea, get into a comfy position in your chair, and read and post away!

Hugs,
Old 06-23-2002, 07:58 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi

Welcome marzeli and crowemommy As you can tell by the number of posts in here we are a very friendly bunch of people

There is a board ( or thread) for just about every subject i can think of ) so there is something here for everyone

I love Familycorner.com not just because of the information and help i can recieve on here but because everyone is so darn friendly and willing to help out in anyway possible

So , like so many people have said... sit back and enjoy posting If you need any help please dont hesitate to ask

Sue
Old 06-23-2002, 08:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

OH Welcome to all you Newbies! I am so excited to see all the new faces! Jump right in and if ya need any help just ask one of the Idea Exchange Moderators!
Welcome Neighbors!

Closed Thread