New Member Introductions (archive) - 1 - Page 55 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 06-14-2002, 06:43 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Newbie here!

Good Morning everyone!

I'm Stephanie- I am married to my high school sweetie. We drifted apart after graduation, and got back together 10 years later after we both had married and divorced others. Guess fate knew something we didn't, huh?

I have one daughter from my first marriage- Shelby Lynn, who is almost 9 years old. Hitting those 'tween years, and it comes with a free subscription to "Hormones" and "Drive your parents nuts"... ;-)

We have 2 persian cats, Heather & Caesar. Both boys.... YES, Heather was supposed to be a girl, that's why we bought Caesar.... to have little persians and try to recoup our investment... well our 3rd trip to the vet, we find out Heather is actually a Heath! He already knew his name though, so we are constantly teased about it!

I have a home daycare, which is a full time job in itself, and I also sell on Ebay.

I am very excited to have found this site, and look forward to corresponding with all of you!
Old 06-14-2002, 06:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

What part of Texas are you from?
We have place in Cuero, Texas ouside of Victoria. But right now we are parked in RV park in East Greenwich, RI until about October then back to Texas for the winter.
I enjoy this site alos and you find out about most everything, all you have to do is ask someone and they will gladly help you. Enjoy
Old 06-15-2002, 01:25 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Fairly new

I made my main post in the Ohio forum.
Old 06-15-2002, 06:32 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

New here

Hi I am new. My favorite site www.usave2day.com is down for me, so I am surfing around tonight and found this site.
I have two children and stay at home. I like learning frugal tips and reading shopping stories. I enjoy garage sales and reading in my spare time.

*~Kiwi~*
Old 06-15-2002, 07:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello! I am cindy h currently in alaska; married to a coast guardsman for 15 yrs now. I recently turned 40.
SAHM to 12 and 14 girls.
active in scouting and church

Old 06-15-2002, 09:22 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Have enjoyed lurking

Hi. I am Zoey. I am married and I have three daughters . They are 4, 7, and 10. I am a Christian (also my whole family). We like camping, fishing, hiking and things like that. I also like to read and sew in my spare time. Of course, with 3 daughters, I need to sew. I am also active at church.

You are all so interesting. I have already learned a lot from this forum. Now it will take a while to read all the posts in this introductory part to see who is here.

Till later, Zoey
Old 06-16-2002, 05:25 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

coastiewife

Alaska way cool. My hubby wants to ride his aspencade around Alaska. Has talked about it for years. I've told him to go for it because at 55 I'm too old (besides have fms) to ride that far on the back of the motorcycle to see anything. So someday if you see a gray haired old man touring around Alaska, just say "Hi, Bob" your wife warned us you were coming.
Old 06-17-2002, 06:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing ANOTHER NEWBIE HERE

Have been reading lots of posts for awhile here now and thought it is time I introduced myself. I am a married SAHM of dd age 9 and ds age 6. Husband works out of town so only home part time. Love being home with my children but sometimes feel out of touch with the "outside world".

I enjoy reading, walking, and animals (especially our dog and cat). Looking forward to reading more posts here and getting many different ideas!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2002, 06:45 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome Jost

Oh goodness, you have a full time job with hubby working out of town with 2 children. My children are grown and I have grandchildren, but I remember when my dh was working 2 jobs and I was home 24-7 with our two kids. I also remember wanting to talk to adults now and then. LOL Doesn't matter how busy you are or how much you love your children, once in a while you just have to talk to an adult. There are many subjects to pick from so just jump in whenever you want.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:48 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Jost:

Try:

http://www.momsclub.org

or

http://www.mothersandmore.org

These are both non-profit organizations to help support stay-at-home mothers.

They both have chapters in Canada, but you can take a peek and see if a chapter is near you!

I am a member of the Moms Club. We have gone strawberry picking, gone to the movies, the beach, to an ice cream parlor, we have had parties for Halloween, Xmas etc. And when a woman has a baby, everyone cooks a meal and brings it to her...there is also a Moms Night Out (once a month). The only event where the children need to stay home.

Jen

http://foodpursuit.blogspot.com

Closed Thread