Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:16 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hello Born2late and mare695

You girls are gonna love it here, there are so many friendly ladies and lots of good info. I'm sorta new myself but have been reading for a while too. Hope to see you around a lot.
Old 04-08-2002, 07:52 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good ol Connecticut!!

Well Hello Everyone!!
I would just like to tell you all where I am from.. Well I got married in 1996 in Connecticut, and my parents moved to Florida and dh parents moved to Vermont in the beginning of 1997. Well gee that sounded like a good idea before we start to have a family lets go to Florida and see how they live. So we packed up a Uhaul and off we went to Florida like 15minutes from my parents. We lived in Citrus county of Florida. A town called Beverly Hills, near Ocala Florida.. Bought a house and got some jobs.. Dh was in the Hvac business and myself a cosmetologist.. Well things did not work out for us, there wasn't enough income that we were use to, so we moved back to Connecticut. Well come year of 2001 of March we decided this isn't what we want again... Cold winters and ice and such so we moved back down to Florida... Well this time we rented a house just in case there was that urge to go back to CT.. Well here we are come September of 2001 we came back to CT.. And here we stay.. We realized that our friends are here and all of dh brothers and sister is here in CT.. Plus we have a lot of nieces and nephews and wouldn't want to miss them growing up... So now we are settled down and the trying to start a family is on hold for a little while.. We still have plenty of time.. I hope I didn't babble to much for you guys... Just wanted to explain my situation.. Well I this community seems as if we are family and I hope to keep you posted and keep on top of things.. That is whenever I figure how to use these boards!!! Take care and Happy Spring Ang
Old 04-09-2002, 07:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow!

Hi All:

Brand new here and love it already. I was checking out the boards and there is sooo much here.

A little about myself, mom of 2 girls as if you hadn't figured that out already. I have been married for 15 years to a really GREAT guy. Daughters are 10 & 4. I work full time for the local fire department, but my schedule allows me alot of family time. Really enjoy being involved in DD's school and social activities. I have made a goal this year...organize and budget, and I just know I will find alot of help here on those subjects.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning lots of new things.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:07 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I"m New

Hi All~

I am Karlisangel, just signed up for this board. Wanted to say Hi. I live in Kentucky.

I love gardening, crafting, landscaping, reading, journaling, and I write poetry. I enjoy crafting and computing also.

I am sure I will have a good time and learn alot on this forum

Hugs and Blessings

Karlisangel
Old 04-10-2002, 10:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome! You will love it here! There is so much to learn and lots of wonderful people too! I hope you enjoy it as much as me!
Old 04-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome! You have come to the right place to learn about and get advice on all the subjects you have mentioned! Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2002, 05:14 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Introduce myself

Hi there! I'm new here. I'm a 35-year-old, stay-at-home mom, married to my high school sweetheart. (We celebrate our 20 years together this summer!) We have two boys: Calvin is 5 and Wyatt is 3. I'm expecting our third child on Halloween!

I worked in an office for 12 years before deciding to stay home full-time with my first son, then 6 months old. At that time, we moved back to our Pennsylvania country roots to raise our kids. Southern California just didn't have the space and laid back lifestyle we wanted. It was tough getting used to living on 1/4 the income that we were used to living on in California. But we've learned to live without things we really don't need. Second hand stores and garage sales are my favorite shopping grounds!

I love my life and my family. I waited a long time for this dream! And I thank the big guy in the sky everyday for all I've been blessed with. I try not to take any of it for granted, as I know it could all change in the blink of an eye!

I look forward to meeting many new friends and gaining some helpful knowledge from this site!
Old 04-11-2002, 06:14 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wanted to say hi!

Hello all, I'm new here and wanted to say hi! I'm married to a wonderful man and I'm a SAHM of a 3 yo boy. My husband and I own a small business where he does wood working and I paint. We have two Shelties, a cat and a new bunny! It's a zoo at our house! LOL
Anyways, Have a great day!
Old 04-11-2002, 07:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Hello to you all

Hello My name is kelly

I live in maryland. I've been married almost a year.(june 6th)
We dated eleven years ago and the lord brought us back together!!!! I Have a step-daughter who is four and very cute!

I just got into crafting and gardening. This year i'm starting simple
chile peppers, potatoes, peas, garlic, two kinds of squash. Hope it works!!

I really love this site tons of good tips. Look fowrd to hearing from all of you!

Old 04-11-2002, 09:42 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everybody, I'm new

Hi Everybody,
I'm new to the board. My name is Marilyn and I am 40 years old an live in TN. I am happily married and have a 14 year old daughter and 8 year old son. I've been reading this site for a while but this is the first time I've signed on. My interests are my family, recipes, getting organized and reading magazines & books.
I also love trivia. It will be great to hear from any of you outh there.
Thanks!

Closed Thread