Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Introduce Myself

Hello everyone!! I'm new to this site, but have visited many times and really love it. I'm just getting used to it as I've never posted before.

I am a 30 year old mother of one daughter (Emily, soon to be 1 year old), one dog (Abby) one cat (Annabelle) and one very dear hubby of 5 years (Geoff).

After budgeting again and again, I am leaving a full-time career in management to work part-time 20 hours a week in order to spend time with my wonderful daughter. I just got so frustrated with the stress of my job, it was really affecting my home life. I can't wait!!!

I look forward to meeting some new friends and getting some valuable advice.

Old 04-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome

Welcome Bearpaws,

I haven't been here too long either, but it seems like we have a few things in common. I am 27, also live in Maryland, and I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter named Brooke. It is so wonderful that you are able to go part time with your job. I have been contemplating the same thing for some time now. I think it is something that I will be able to do within the next couple of years. Good luck and hope to talk to you again.

Jenn Z
Old 04-06-2002, 07:53 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi to ALL!!!

I am new to this forum and I am enjoying myself already. I really like the tips and hints that I have gotten so far. I am a SAHM of two kidlets, a four year girl, Elizabeth and a 20 month old boy, Benjamin. I should qualify that last statement, I WAS a stay at home mom until my husband of six years decided he wan't happy and left about a month ago. So I am soon to be a part of the work foce, not that I mind terribly.

We live in Canada where our summer is a month of rain. The rest of the time it is officially winter when the rain mixes with snow...LOL.

Hope to talk to some people from everywhere...toodles for now.

Cutesy...aka, Katie
Old 04-06-2002, 09:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

hellooooooo!

hello and welcome! I hope that you enjoy it here as much as I do! There is sooooo much advice on so many different subjects. It is great fun and I have learned so much since I first started coming here, and there is a wonderful group of extremely supportful ladies on here and the knowledge base between them all is astounding! Somebody knows the answer to whatever question you need answered! I have found a shoulder to cry on and a friend to laugh with and great people to get advice from. I hope that you find the same. Chin up, soldier on and love those kiddies!!!!

Old 04-06-2002, 08:54 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Something in common!

Hey bearpaws!

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a stay at home mom of a one year old. I was working for a Dr. in our small town in the Blue Grass state and before I had her I thought I would be back after my six weeks, but after doing some figuring and budgeting with our bills, we realized that it would cost us for me to go back to work after paying for daycare and everything else needed. So we decided for me to stay home all together. It's been great! Since I love decorating, painting and designing, I'm slowly trying to start up my own business. I've just started, so there's still a lot of work to do!

I just wanted to let you know I understand where you were coming from and how excited I was to hear that you might be going part-time! Kids grow up so fast, it would be a shame to miss they're first years! I would love to hear back from you!

Talk to you later!

Nicole
Old 04-06-2002, 09:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello and welcome to our little world, you will get great advice here on so many things, it is wonderful that you have been able to go to part time and spend all that extremely valuable time with your daughter! They grow so fast!
Enjoy it!
Old 04-07-2002, 10:12 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Great Support!!

Thanks for all your wonderful support!! It's nice to know that there are others out there who have had or are having the same dilemnas.

I hope to get to know all of you a little better.

Old 04-07-2002, 02:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello, I am new to the neighborhood.

Hi! My name is Diana aka born2late.I have been receiving the newsletter and after really checking out some of the articles found this wonderful community. I love to be at home living the simple life. I adore my husband and love my church and my God. I know there must be some wonderful new friends here. I believe in honesty and treating others as you wish to be treated. I am looking forward to learning some new ideas. I do not have any children at home anymore but just the same I still have a husband and they can be even more challenging ;-) . I am a keeper of the home and very proud of my job. It is a full time responsibility to run a home like it should be. I have worked most of my life and had to leave the work force because of health reasons. I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband who stands by me.I love to camp, fish, garden and find a good bargain in the thrift store or yard sale. I believe that the simple life promotes family harmony. I am really excited about being here.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi born2late! It's so nice to see you again.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

New to neighborhood

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the neighborhood too, though I've been checking out the sight for quite some time. I am married and have 2 kids at home. One 8 and one 14. I am interested in talking to people with older kids. Unfortunately I'm working outside the home but hope to start my own home business soon. I work unusual hours and usually work on weekends. i've really enjoyed this site and m sure I will enjoy talking to others too.

Closed Thread