Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:30 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello

Hello, My name is Melissa, I am a 36 y/o mother of 2, a 16 y/o female and 12 y/o male. I am currently married but headed for divorce. I work as a pediatric continuous care nurse (special needs kids with various life support systems that are living at home) I hope I can fit in with all these happily married sahm's! I live in a rural area in Pennsylvania, with my 2 wonderful kids.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:17 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome Melissa! I used to be a nurse also. I was divorced at one time, and am now happily married for 11 years. I have four kids, 23, 19, 16, and 10. The two youngest ones are left at home. Hope you enjoy the ideas here.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Planning on coming home...again...

Hello,
My name is Myra and in 4 weeks, I'll be a stay-at-home mother once again. Back in 1996, although we were in incredible debt and having more debts than income, we made a decision and felt strongly that I should be at home to take care of our 3 1/2 year old. We had the usual bills, credit cards and department store cards, amongst other things. We even had a brand new Geo Tracker which we were "upside down" in what we owe and decided to sadly voluntarily repossess it. We also moved from our 3 bedroom rental to a 2 bedroom duplex. We barely "got by" on our faith and financial help from our church and then in 1998 we added (adopted) a new addition to our home, my biological neice. We started to homeschool both children at that time until a few months later, things were so bad money-wise, I had to go back to work for a few months. I was at home since then and even managed to move back to our 3 bedroom home (the same one even!) and find 2 cars that were quite affordable (one was a gift from MIL) and we've been very blessed. However, we still were very undisciplined about our finances.

Then Christmas of 2000 came my DH broke his ankle and it's been a rough ride once again. I finally broke down and went back to work back in October 2001 and we still have those darn medical bills (although we only have 1 credit card debt). With all this excitement in our lives we were also had been infertile for over 9 years. In June 2001, we decided to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist. Well, hard work (hee hee) and all that money paid off! I'm 5 months PG with our 2nd!!

To make a longer story short, I've been working temporarily for a CPA and on April 15th, it's my last day. My whole story why I'm here is...I want this to be the last time I EVER have to work outside the home again. What are some things you could suggest to me to save all-around? Here's a list of things I'm working on (food-wise):

1. Building a food storage center using wholesome and inexpensive foods (most will be bulk).

2. Menu Planning...need help with sticking to the list.

I really need suggestions in other areas too, as I've been really praying I could be the "MOM" I feel I need to be to my children and in order to do this, I feel I need to be at home with them.

Thanks for listening to my story...I'm off to do more research on the other boards.

Myra + Baby
Old 03-09-2002, 05:45 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome Myra! Congratulations on your pregnancy! As for the voluntary repo and other debt, I've been there and done that, so I can totally relate. It's not the end of the world.

You'll find plenty of forums here that will help you with the topics you mentioned. If you need help let me know!
Old 03-10-2002, 04:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Please welcome yet another newbie!

Hello Everyone! I am very excited to have found this board because I need all the motivation that I can get to stay on top of household matters. I am a 48yo mother to 14yo ds and married to a very supportive dh. I have been a sahm for almost 7 years. I also participate in our local craft fairs throughout the year. I have been lurking for several weeks now and it seems that everyone here is very supportive and caring. I am looking forward to making new friends. Aloha.
Arlette
Old 03-10-2002, 04:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome Arlette! Glad to have you here!
Old 03-11-2002, 06:44 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky how are ya !!!!!!!!

My name is Katrina and I am 32 years old ,will be 33 this summer.I have been married to jason for 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter mackenzie who just turned 5 on feb. 12th.We are debating on a second child ,we are truly not sure .Hubby is afraid we will have same problems we had with mackenzie.Well look forward to getting to know everyone .
Old 03-11-2002, 04:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Introduce

This is my first posting. I will soon be 33years old, married for the last 2 1/2 of them! We just moved to Richmond, Va from WV. I am not working out of the home right now. We are hoping to get pregnant soon!

Oh, yes, how could I forget our kitty!

Glad to meet you all! I had decided to join frugal moms after a couple of weeks of lerking on there ....now I found you instead!
Old 03-11-2002, 06:41 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome aboard Renne! Glad to have you here
Old 03-12-2002, 06:14 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Hi! I'm new to this site!

Hello all! My name is Gabriele. I am a WAHM (work at home mom) with 4 kids (the "babies" are teenage twins!). I also am an RN and work on-call at 2 hospitals in labor and delivery. I hardly work in the hospital anymore because I don't agree with all aspects of allopathic medicine. I feel prevention and good nutrition is the key to better health, not just covering up symptoms with drugs or surgery, like hospitals operate! With my internet nutrition business I can really help people in the true sense of better health. Anyone else there agree?
Sincerely, Gabriele Franklin RN
[email protected]
http://www.naturalhealthmom.com

Closed Thread