Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome! :)

We are glad you decided to post PrairieRose...25 years? Congrats!
Old 03-04-2002, 01:51 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

New

Hi everyone. I am brand new the the boards and to this site. I just love meeting new people and enjoy insight from others!
I hope you don't mind - I don't have any children - yet! My dh and I have been married for almost two years. But I hope to be a mom someday, and look forward to all I can learn on here!
Thanks!

homestylespec
Old 03-05-2002, 07:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome to those who just got here! Glad to have you here. Just jump right in it's fun!
Old 03-05-2002, 08:48 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone!!
I am new too!! I have been reading and reading all the great threads here for the last few days and finally decided to join!! I recognize some of you from another site!!! My name is Blanche and I have been married almost 17 years! We have 2 kids, Katie who is almost 15 and Kyle who is 8. I am a SAHM and have been for almost 13 years! We live in So. California
I am really looking forward to jumping in and joining all of you!!!
Old 03-06-2002, 06:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome mom2knk! Glad to have you here!
Old 03-06-2002, 08:50 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome to all the newcomers!

PrairieRose - I too am starting to have some of my kids leave the nest. I have four children, and two have left so far. The oldest at home is gone some evenings, and when the youngest spends the night at a friends the house it is so quiet around here. I am starting to think about what kind of hobbies to get back into that I had given up over the years so I have something to do in my spare time.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:36 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to *hanging out* here and making some new friends. I'll be posting on the other threads as well.

Workatmomof4: GET READY! It's very different than I imagined the empty nest would be. I had envisioned having much more time to do whatever I wanted to do......! Granted I don't cook/clean/do laundry as much as I used to the days still just fly by. It's not all bad, I'm enjoying the quiet more now than earlier in the year . You still have a little while (what 2-4 yrs.?) to go so you'll be adjusting in the meanwhile. I know what you mean about the older kids being out and about all of the time.....I guess that's part of the weaning process for us all. I look forward to hearing more from you, and everyone here.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:48 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

names

MrsManiac, that is soooo neat! Have you ever read the book, 'How Green Was My Valley', by Richard Llewellyn? that's where my name came from...it's a great story. I just know you'd love it. And hey, if you're Heinz 57, there just may be some Welsh blood in your family!

Kimmyo, thank you for the warm welcome. I do appreciate it. Say, didn't you say you live in Alabama? My DD was born in Birmingham, lived there for five years, and also lived in Huntsville, where my ex and his family still live...we get along well now.
We used to live down in Five Points, the historical part of downtown. I miss the Krispy Kremes, both there and in Birmin'ham, still!
Hugs,
Bron
[email protected]
Old 03-06-2002, 03:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yes Bron, I live just 80 miles Northeast of B'ham. I love Krispy Kremes!
Old 03-07-2002, 12:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Re: Tell us about yourself!

Quote:
Originally posted by FamilyCorner
My name is Amanda Formaro, I am almost 35, and am mother to four wonderful kids, three boys and a girl.

Tony - 9
Kristen - 8
T.J. - 4
Dominic - 3

I love horses, though haven't owned one since my first child was born, have a german shephard puppy who is 3 months, 3 indoor cats, 3 outdoor kittens who have adopted us, and 2 guinea pigs.

I am married to Tracy, have known him since I was 14, we met working at Burger King together.

I love this site, love my online friends, adore crafting, and enjoy baking.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Closed Thread