Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

hi!! my name is alisa. i am 22 years old. i have been married for almost 2 years to a wonderful guy named tim. we live in florida.
we have 2 cats, 1 bird and 1 turtle. we dont have any kids yet but we are trying!!! ;-)

i love to find new ways to save money and i also love free stuff!! . both dh and i work full time. when we do have kids i would love to be a sahm!

i cant wait to get to know everyone here!

loving wife to ~tim~
Old 02-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome Everyone Glad to have all of you here!

workathomemomof4.....my 11 yr old ds plays soccer also! We usually play on a fall league but we have just been invited to play on a spring league too! I love Soccer! Use to live in SC too...Charleston!
Old 02-27-2002, 07:04 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing A brief intro

Hello! I'm a 43-year-old SAHW&M, native Texan, now living in PA. I've been here for nearly 4 years, doesn't seem possible. I met my DH online five years ago in an AOL Christian chatroom and he came down to Texas and got me. We have four children between us, none of whom live with us (not our choice). Our children are: Jeremiah, 18; Jessica, 17; Paige, 15; and Ben, 14. We are involved in mentoring children in our church, and this helps assuage the pain of not having our physical children with us. My DH is a food purchasing agent at a ski resort, so his job is pretty secure--but still, Pennsylvania is an economically-depressed state and we are always looking to find more ways to cut corners. We have made it a game and when you look at it AS a game, it begins to be very enjoyable. "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun--You find the fun, and snap! the job's a game" as Mary Poppins says.
I also am trying to save up the money to buy transcription equipment for MT at home; I once did MT in-office (while in Texas), and was very good at it. I'm hoping to be able to break into doing it at home now so I can help DH out. I love playing the piano, reading, history and research, cooking and baking, singing ( in church, choir, and at home), cross stitching first and other crafts second, wordplay, board games, Bible study, both personal and in groups (online and off)
So much for a "brief" intro! Sorry--but I look forward to getting to know all of y'all. Oh, and my full first name is "Bronwen", meaning "fair lady" in Welsh (yes, there is Welsh ancestry in my family), but I also go by "Bron" too. Whichever you like!

Warmly,

Bron
[email protected]
Old 02-27-2002, 07:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome to FamilyCorner Bron!

It's very nice to have you here. We have some great info for cutting corners and just having fun! I think you'll like it here! So jump right in...

P.S. I just love Mary Poppins!
Old 02-27-2002, 09:32 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh my gosh, Bron! If ds2 had been a girl, we would've named her Bronwen. I've never heard that name here in the states. No Welsh in my background though, I don't think. I'm a Heinz 57 girl lol!
Old 02-27-2002, 07:33 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

hello all!!! i'm new, and rather young, so don't shun me yet!!! ^_^, i just turned 17 on the 23rd, and i would like to wish all the birthday people today a great big hug and kiss ^_^

adria
Old 03-03-2002, 01:47 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, everyone! I am a stay-at-home and homeschooling mom with two boys ages 13 and 18. I met my DH at a party. We've been married almost 20 years. We live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country-Pacific County Washington on Willapa Bay. In fact our house is right across the road from the water. We both come from big families-DH has eight siblings and I have seven. Actually, making do has been bred into both of us, though we have our weaknesses-with me it's books(though I frequent the library). I've been homeschooling for six years now. We are what would be called eclectic homeschoolers-I base 80% on my kids' interests and the other 20% on basics. We grow a garden every year and eat fresh and freeze other veggies. I love to cook-especially experimenting. I am generally frugal on ingredients, and in the supermarket, I concentrate on the outer aisles. I do spend money on spices because they can make the most frugal offerings taste like gourmet. We are slowly getting into Blood Type Diet-especially this winter after my Type O husband suffered from skin rashes, bronchitis, and pneumonia.My kids and I are all Blood Type A. I make my own birthday cards for people in the family. Love to write poetry and read. Have been a spiritual searcher most of my adult life and have come to a belief system that answers most of my questions(after all, part of belief is questioning). I'm looking forward to being a part of the community and getting advice and contributing when I feel I can help.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome AprilMist!

Glad to have you here!
Old 03-03-2002, 08:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, Everyone!

What a great forum! I'm glad I found it. I have learned a lot just tonight -- reading and enjoying it all!

I'm Courtney from North Carolina. I have two kids (one of each) and I adore being a mom, except for when I hate it.

But seriously, in order to keep staying home as my kids get older -- which I want to do -- I need to get more frugal!

It's fun to read others' ideas.

See you all around!

Courtney
Old 03-04-2002, 07:31 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hello everyone

I'm new to this board, well I've been lurking for a while now and decided to finally post. I really like this place. I am a stay at home mom for the most part of my 25 yr. marriage. My kids are all out of the nest now (just recently) and I'm adjusting to a quiet house (this is sooooooooo different girls!). I've got lots of interests which include garage sales, thrift stores and the thrill of the hunt for the best deal on everything. It's nice to read from so many kindred spirits. Anyway I'm looking forward to checking in here often and may even have something to contribute on occaission. Thanks for such a friendly and warm place to come to and have morning coffee.

Closed Thread