Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle Tilos

I'm behind in posting, but would like to welcome you to this wonderful site. You will find so many interesting things to look into it will keep you busy as a bee.

I lived in Va. Beach in 1943, at 403 24th St. My Hubby was in the Coast Guard, and stationed in a small building next to the post office on Atlantic Ave. The beachline was empty then, and so much nicer than now, with all the condos along the whole coast.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcom Newcomers

This site is growing by leaps and bounds daily. Hard to keep up, but that is a good thing.
A WARM WELCOME TO:
Tilos Grammy
4moms Clutterbug

I know you will love it here!!!

Dreamweaver
Old 01-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky Hi Everyone!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome all of the new members. You will love this site here. As I have met so many nice friends. I love chatting with them on live chat at family corner. You can click the chat button at the family corner site, but if you can't get it to work there (not compatible to aol or compuserve). Just go to internet explorer and type in www.familycorner.com/chat and will take you took the chat room.
I have met so many nice friends there.

Please check out the Postcards from Anywhere swap here at this site. We are having fun exchanging postcards from all over the world. Wow! so nice to get postcards from Angel Friends and learning all parts of the world. My hubby loves seeing the postcards also.

Jump in and have fun looking at all of these threads and please PM (private message) friends to chat with them or you can add them to your buddy list on instant messgae. This is so much fun.

Well, I need to go and read more threads to get caught up on them.

Your Angel Friend

(Karen) Craftybear (Indiana, USA)
Old 01-26-2003, 11:26 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone. My name is amy. I am currently living in kansas. recently moved here from San Diego california. My husband is in the military so we were transfered here a few months ago. We are both in our mid 20's and we have a 13 month old daughter together named Krislyn. We also have two cats soprano and echo. they are brats and i think i have to tell them no more then i do my daughter . ahahahaha. I am new to all the message boards i have run across and i am truly loving them.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:56 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome to the family sillygirl
Old 01-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle sillygirl

Another welcome to you. We hope to see more of you.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 01-26-2003, 09:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

"Allow myself to introduce... myself."

Hehe! I love that line - thank you, Austin Powers.

Hello, I just joined the other day. My real name is Anita and I'm 34 (35 on March 8) and I live in a small town in NE Ohio. I've been married to my hubby Jim for almost 4 years, and I have a 9 yo son, Tyler, from my first marriage. Tyler lives with me and Jim, but has frequent visitations with his dad and spends half of his summer vacation with him. I'm a SAHM, but I do architectural drafting for my dad (who's an architect) occasionally, when I want some extra money.

We are big animal lovers and up until recently we had 10 cats (I rescued them) ranging in age from 3 months to 14 years. Sadly, we lost 8 of them when our house burned down on December 15th. We are still grieving - they were all members of the family. Two of the cats - Lucky and Kady - and our dog survived. Our dog, Mandy, is a Golden Retriever mix and we have her to thank for our lives. She woke my husband when the fire started and that's why we were able to get out. We didn't have smoke detectors - there were none in the house when we bought it 3 years earlier and we kept forgetting to buy some. Yeah, I know - stupid. But honestly, I always knew Mandy would alert us if there was a fire. I probably would have been more vigilant about it if we didn't have her. We lost virtually everything in the fire, but we're insured and we'll be able to replace our possessions and buy a new house. The only thing we lost that can't be replaced is the cats. We are remting a house for the time being.

Jim bought me a new computer for Christmas and I got back online about a week ago. I've been online since my fil gave us our first computer in 1999. If you would like to know more about me you can visit my personal website here: Anita's Site . It's not been updated since the fire, so there's nothing about that on my site yet, but it still expresses my personality and you'll learn more about me than you'll ever need to know! LOL!
Old 01-27-2003, 05:19 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi and welcome to the family.

Many, many threads to check out!!!
Old 01-27-2003, 09:21 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

hi section8

Hi! Nice to meet you.I'm farley new here too,about a week now,still learning here.There are alot of threads&sites to check out heere,really nice place,people are so friendly &nice here!

maybe soon you will be able to get a picture by your username,just got mine yesterday.!Got cookie monster,didn't think I had enough replys to get 1 ,but apparently i did!it's cool!

I'm a sahm mom of 4 kids 11,7(almost 8),5,3 y/o oh & a hubby!
don't want to talk about him right now,he's been acting like a bum lately(trying to stay nice words!) have a nice day! 4moms
Old 01-27-2003, 01:11 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hi Section8

What does section8 stand for, mean, describe? I know that it has to mean something! I just don't know what.
Plenty of things to see and click on. I know you will have a great time searching all the threads.

Closed Thread