Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 10-12-2002, 08:53 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hi there,
I would have to agree, you must have very good organisational skills there Blessed, I thought I was busy and I only have 2 kids!
Old 10-13-2002, 06:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Welcome Blessed...and you sure are blessed with children!
I always wanted a large family but only was blessed with 2 boys. They are the greatest and I always felt blessed too!

Hope you can share with us about your life and Alaska! Of all the places to see, that is where I would love to win a trip to!
So Please....tell us about your State.

janet
Old 10-13-2002, 09:23 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Thank You!!!

What a warm wonderful welcome!!! (say THAT 5 times fast LOL)

I gave birth to 3 of the children and have aquired 3 by marraige. I am blessed with all six and very happy about it!! We are sole custodial of all and the other parents don't have much to do with the kids.

Organization??? What is that???? LOL. I try to be organized as much as I can. We have schedule after schedule after routine after routine around here. It gets hectic on some days and I wonder what I will do with all of my time when they grow up!! All the kids are in school full time now so I get my quiet time during the day once a week. The rest of the time I am up at 5am and don't go to bed until about 12 in order to get my quiet time.

I am a life long Alaskan. I will die of old age up here. It is and will always be my home. Winters can get hard at -30 for a couple weeks at a time. But I like the attitude of the people.

I hope to yap with y'all on other boards as well.

thanx again
Staci Lyn
Old 10-14-2002, 07:36 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone! I am 48 years old, married for 22 years to a great guy, and have 2 children, Christina, 24 years old , and Richard, 18 years old. Christina is married, and Richard is a senior in high school this year.I am also "mom" to a dog (Jake), a cat (Junior) and 2 female ferrets (Susie and Snoball). I am an Xray technologist, and work in a large charity hospital in Houma, Louisiana.
I enjoy doing home improvement projects (recently repainted/wallpapered my kitchen and dining room), puttering around in my garden, and recently took up tole painting using Donna Dewberry's one-stroke method. Since I work 40 hours in 3 days (2 sixteen hour shifts over the weekend and one 8 hour shift during the week), I have plenty of "off" time to enjoy my hobbies.
I recently discovered this site while puttering around on my computer, and thought it looked like a fun place to visit often. Lots of great tips and ideas!
Old 10-14-2002, 01:54 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome..........

Hello Liz, and welcome to the best site around. You will find so many different threads to get attached to. The one I'm gonna suggest to you, is the Louisiana thread. There ae a bunch of terrific ladies there, and they will welcome you into their family. Tell them I sent you, and the doors will open wide!!!

Again, welcome, and enjoy.....

TTFN ~ ~ ~

Carol Ann
autumnmum 2002
"Coupon~Aholic's"
Swap Club ~ 2002
[email protected]
Old 10-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome Elizabeth

Anybody that can wallpaper has my admiration. Welcome.

Back when I was growing up I used to help my dad wallpaper and I always thought wallpaper was a 4 letter word.

I've never tried to wallpaper my whole adult life. I think I have a phobia. LOL

Hope you love it here as much as the rest of us do. There are a lot of wonderful ladies on the boards who have a lot of information to share and many questions to ask so just jump in whenever and where ever.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

hello to all .....i am new here!!!!

hi
iwant to introduce myself............and tell alittle about me so maybe i can meet some people of same intrests.........
i am new to the computer and just found this site.... i am an army brat a ret. navy wife and was a vet. tec.

we moved here to greene county mississippi about 9 months ago...from pensacola fl. (and i know no one at all up here) ...............
well we have 10 A here and the husssle of p'cola was the pits.............we are in the country and i really like it here..............i love to garden and love animals.........ALL KINDS............. when working at my vets i got a week old racoon and here was released up here at the age of 2....he is missed but i know her is happier free.

i have 1 2 legged kid and 8 4 legged kids (not counting husbands)
and 4 grand kids.....(had my son when i was 2 ha-ha) i am just getting settled in and i enjoy the outside and am always working in the yard..................have a goldfish pond and a kabooda tractor.............

i hope to find others out there who have the same likes...........gardening cooking building and just about anything and hope to find a couple of friends and maybe share some ideas with.

well that is about all there is to know about me............hope to hear from someone else who is looking for conversation
thanks for reading about me
have a blessed day
firelite2000

Old 10-15-2002, 05:01 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hi there angel 29 and karens kids
I feel rather out of place as you both have two lovely girls each, I have 2 handsome boys .
One is 12 on Sat 19 Oct and the other is 7
I have the neighbourhood kids around on the week ends and school holidays as we live in a cul de sac, and they know they can play (& get fed) at our house. I don't mind.
Are your children up to anything exciting at school now, we are going into summer and have started swimming for phys ed.
Without sounding silly, where do you live?
Old 10-15-2002, 06:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

blushing Welcome Stacey and Elizabeth (Liz?)

It's always nice to meet new ladies. Stacey, do you live in a remote part of Alaska or in a city? I am somewhat fascinated with living in Alaska; not actually DOING it, just thinking about it!:p
Old 10-15-2002, 06:38 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Bilby,

we live near St. Louis, Missouri, USA. I grew up in Europe though. How nice that you`re getting ready for summer....ours is over. It got cold and really windy the last couple weeks. Fall is starting here. My girls are getting ready for Halloween (also in school, they`ll have Halloweenpartys in their classes).
besides school they do gymclass and ballett/tapdance. My 6-year-old Nicki learned how to swim this summer in our apartment-pool. She didn`t need any lessons...we`ve been out there almost every day from June till Mid-September ! Hopefully she won`t forget how to swim over the winter.

Closed Thread