Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello everyone I am a 35 year old payroll clerk at a CPA firm. I have been married for 16 wonderful years and have 2 stepchildren Jeremy 22 and Sarah soon to be 20. We had custody of the children throughout Sarah's jr. high and high school years and all but one of Jeremy's sr. high years.

I have been involved with the youth program at my church for the past 8 years and for the last 1 1/2 years I have been the youth leader. My husband also has a youth group in a neighboring town on a different night than mine. To say we lead a busy life is putting it mildly but we would not have it any other way.

My husband just recently started his own taxidermy business and we just bought a new house. Whew just reading this makes me tired. Hehe.

But God is good to us and has blessed us with a wonderful life, all praise and honor belongs to him.

I enjoy this site very much already and look forward to spending a lot of time on here.

Lynn
Old 09-18-2002, 10:43 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you for the warm welcome Janet=)

I get alot of freebies in my email so I dont mind sharing at all =)

I am gonna venture off into the other boards - I am looking for a casserole to serve for dinner tonight ..... gonna take ya up on the recipe tip

Thanks again!
Old 09-18-2002, 11:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
HI Halia

Ill get in line to welcome you!! Thanks for all of the freebie, I love getting things like that!!

Im going to pass this link on to KimmyO, the moderator for this forum, to ask her to move your introduction to the Introduction forum at the top of the main page.....that way many more people will get to know you too.

Janet is right, there are sooo many nice people on theses boards. I bet you'll feel at home in no time.

Check out those recipes and in the Planning Ahead Forum, under meal planning and grocery shopping, there is a post titled "Whats for Dinner?".....those ladies have gone wild with great recipes and great ideas.

Hope to talk to you again,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 09-18-2002, 01:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Welcome Lynnclark! Hope you enjoy all the forums here. My favorite is "What's for Dinner" forum...it really helps when you are stuck on what should I cook tonight???? So many great recipes!

You will find so many great topics to talk about so jump in and have a ball! People here are so friendly and there is so much great advice...I them all!!!!

I am a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) for 2 years now, I did work in a hospital laboratory. Glad to be home and have a normal life and care for my family! My hubby and I have 7 boys, his 5 and my 1 from a previous marriage and we have 1 son together! So we have his kids, my child and our child! Confusing hey???My son's teachers get confused too...especially when our youngest talks of his grown 6 brothers...lol It is fun when we all get together for a reunion.

I do crafts, crochet, cross stitch, sew, paint and garden. My favorite things to do but some days housework, and errands keep me too busy! lol

Take care,
janet
Old 09-18-2002, 04:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Alrighty then

Hi there, I'm Julie (nztreasure).
I'm a full time mum.
Ash - 12,
Jos - 5,
Jess - 3.
I've been with my husband for 7 years now. We have been married 4 years. We did plan to get married sooner, but things conspired against us. Namely $$$ - or lack of, then the unexpected arrival of Jos
I get my honeymoon in November this year
I live in New Zealand and consider myself blessed as it is a truely beautiful country to live in.
I am a keen tramper and my husband and I like to do at least 1 major tramp a year, the last 2 years we have taken along our oldest daughter, and we walked the Kepler Track in Fiordland - awesome experience!!
I am training part time (via correspondence then 1 year when Jess is 5 full-time at tech) to be a chef so that when my youngest goes to school I will have something to fall back on as I already get stir-crazy while Jess is at kindergarten.
I have severe hearing loss, that happened when my children were born and got progressively worse with each child. This loss isolated me and caused depression. I lost a lot of friends and became very lonely. I am now able to stand on my own feet and be proud of who I am, but it was long, hard road to today.
I am really looking forward to being an active member of this forum. I have spent a long time being a guest and just reading, and it is soooo reassuring to see so many others with the same or similar problems I have!
God bless you

Learn from yesterday
Live for today
Dream for tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Welcome Nztreasure,

Glad you found the site and popped in! This is a grand site and there are so many forums to chat about...just check around and find a few...

So tell us about New Zealand, what is it like? weather? jobs? favorite foods?

Check out the What's for dinner? forum so many great recipes and everyone is helpful and fun to chat with.

Welcome Aboard the message boards!

janet
Old 09-18-2002, 11:39 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome

Been surfing around looking for some new atmospheres and I am loving this one so far !!=)

just reading and checking things out - You guys have been so helpful to me with so many ideas already it aint even funny lol
Old 09-19-2002, 12:44 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the welcome Janet.
This is an amazing site - oodles of info on just about everything under the sun. I have subscribed to the newsletter for a while and would always read the neatest stuff - very useful too - internet makes the world so much smaller (even though your probably in bed as I write this).
New Zealand is a beautiful, awesome country. I love it so much because of my love of the outdoors and where I live I have a couple of national parks on my doorstep. Which makes summer fun with lots of picnics, swimming and walks.
I live in the South Island (NZ is 2 main islands, and some small islands), and honestly I think we got the best of the 2. The cities are small - Invercargill has population of 50 000.
The weather here in Invercargill is quite possibly our biggest letdown - it rains a lot and we have a period where the wind drives us all batty - it howls and blows for days.
But my town is booming at the moment, buildings are going up, jobs are in abundance - in fact our mayor has gone to other places to try and recruit workers. It is cheap to live here - we live comfortably on one income, my husband works in telecommunications.
So when you all gonna move over here I should hire myself out to the mayor!

This is a great place to live and bring up kids.

Learn from yesterday
Live for today
Dream for tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

New Zealand

Hi nztreasure-New Zealand sounds like a great place. I have never been out of the states but hope to travel abroad some day. I would very much like to see your country. Tell us more, tell us more! I deliver the mail here, how is your mail system? What kinds of food are native to New Zealand? Do you have the four seasons there?

Old 09-19-2002, 05:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Welcome lynnclark, and nztreasure ! I hope you both enjoy the site as much as I do. It's like a network of friends. By the way dhs1225.......Let's Go Flyers !! Philadelphia rules !!! LOL:p

Closed Thread